It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeffersons Bible vrs The Bible (Why was all the stuff in The Bible added to the teachings of Jesus?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
I really hope so, and remember, Jesus loves you.

I have to stop this being a oneliner, LOL, so remember again that Jesus loves you.

"Are the true followers of christ travelling through time?"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-1-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Luke said that Jesus said it. Hearsay, again.

Convince me that it was Jesus - I don't think so.

Jesus and God are one, but Jesus is LOVE, and God is Vengeance.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Luke said that Jesus said it. Hearsay, again.

Convince me that it was Jesus - I don't think so.

If you doubt a particular quote from luke then you doubt his entire testimony.

Jesus and God are one, but Jesus is LOVE, and God is Vengeance.

Maybe Jesus is vengence as well.

Revelation, even though not contained in the Jefferson Bible, is some pretty vengeful stuff.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

JESUS IS LOVE - I am knocking myself out saying it over and over and over - GOD IS VENGEANCE, BUT JESUS IS LOVE.

I hope that someone will happen upon this and be saved.

Thank you Lord Jesus

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

Jesus needed to be sacrificed because only human blood could atone for the sins of humanity. Paul speaks of this in Hebrews when he says that, essentially, Christ wouldn't have needed to die if the blood of goats and sheep were able to atone for sin.

I was taught in school that Jefferson was a deist. So, he believed that God, after creation, took a step back and left things alone. This also meant that miracles were not possible. That is why Jefferson removed the seemingly impossible parts of the Bible--Jesus' miracles, Revelation, etc.

sty

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Wow, someone who agrees with me about the Bible? Ty so much.

Jesus would not have had anyone killed. He would have tested some people, as He does today, but that killing thing - that is not Jesus - maybe God.

I repeat, Jesus is Love.

I have it in my heart that I have to keep saying that.

Good point. This is how I understand it: I believe that the OT was only partly inspired by God. Also I believe that a lot of alteration took place from the very beginning. Bible itself talks about alterations done by "scribes" (scribes were the person to write the Bible, it took ages to write a book all by hand ):

Jeremiah 8:8
"How can you say, 'We are wise, And the law of the LORD is with us'? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes Has made it into a lie."

I believe that the mission of Jesus was indeed to correct the alterations that occured along the ages, and bring man back in contact with God. And maybe the NT is not all perfect but I believe that the core ideea in Christianity is preserved well enopugh for us to get it.

STY

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Why do people persist in applying the antics of fools to written words on paper? Shakespeare might as well be evil too, how about Catcher in the Rye, etc.? Some people are insane or dumb or both and will use anything to justify their actions, the bible maybe nothing more than a story and when looked at in that way reveals so much fun stuff and metaphors for reality. To say that the bible causes evil would be like saying William Blake writes hate speech.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by Texcin

Jesus needed to be sacrificed because only human blood could atone for the sins of humanity.

There was no need to sacrifice Jesus. The Jews did it because he was a threat to thier established power. Jesus let them do it because he knew that they would never be able to kill off his spirit and he would eventually get the last laugh over the Jews.

Jesus we love you brother. They won't get away with your murder, we'll see to it.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

You said in another post that we might disagree - I disagree, my friend.

Jesus will save the world - but I am unsure where God is in this.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

I believe that the writing of the Bible was at fault, as are all things when it comes to humans.

Also all that horrible stuff - it was coloured by the writers who lived in that time.

By the way - whoever said that the Bible was the word of God and Jesus? If it was a human being...enough said.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

reply to post by sty

I believe that the writing of the Bible was at fault, as are all things when it comes to humans.

Also all that horrible stuff - it was coloured by the writers who lived in that time.

By the way - whoever said that the Bible was the word of God and Jesus? If it was a human being...enough said.

Ohhh do I have it wrong?

Oppppps

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Jesus would not have had anyone killed. He would have tested some people, as He does today, but that killing thing - that is not Jesus - maybe God.

But there lies the fallacy for Trinitarians - If God kills, but Jesus doesn't, and Jesus is God, doesn't that mean that Jesus has killed?

From a Muslim perspective, we believe that the night Jesus were to be crucified when he prayed to God to be saved, God answered his prayer and gave Jesus safe refuge in heaven. Instead of him being crucified, God punished Judas and put Judas in his place for the crucifiction by giving Judas the appearance of Jesus. After Judas was crucified, Jesus returned to his followers and told them of his return on Judgement Day (Armegedon) to lead all of God's servants into heaven.

[edit on Wed Jan 21st 2009 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Does this mean that Jefferson isn't allowed to believe for the very works sake? If his bible is so wrong for including only the teachings of Jesus, then isn't that to say that one can't believe for the very works sake?

Believing for the works sake itself is the basic things any follower should know and understand. I don't see why anyone who understood would have trouble with Jefferson believing for the works sake.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
Believing for the works sake itself is the basic things any follower should know and understand.

And what is the work?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bubbabuddha

Why do people persist in applying the antics of fools to written words on paper? Shakespeare might as well be evil too, how about Catcher in the Rye, etc.? Some people are insane or dumb or both and will use anything to justify their actions, the bible maybe nothing more than a story and when looked at in that way reveals so much fun stuff and metaphors for reality. To say that the bible causes evil would be like saying William Blake writes hate speech.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

This is not about 'the antics of fools to words on paper". Shakespeare, "Catcher" or William Blake etc have nothing to with is. It is about possible lies in the Bible.

These people had no involvement in writing the Bible and what about Jeremiah saying, "But, behold,the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie."? Was he a liar?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join