It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeffersons Bible vrs The Bible (Why was all the stuff in The Bible added to the teachings of Jesus?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
In an attempt to make sense of the bible, Thomas Jefferson edited the teachings of Jesus out of the bible and compiled them into a single manuscript titled, "The Jefferson Bible: The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth."

Seems sensible enough to me. So why was all the other stuff in the bible added to the teachings of Jesus? If the teachings of Jesus are adequate enough to stand on thier own terms, and you believe the word of Jesus then there is no good reason why additional scripts were added to the teachings of Jesus.

Except control.

The only good reason why additional scripture was added to the bible would have been to confuse and confound the languges of the world and maintain control over people.

Romans 16:25
Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, 26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: 27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

The curse that is found in Revelation 22 would have been to draw in the power seekers through the ages to the church of Jesus, people who had no intention of proclaiming the teachings of Christ. If revelation 22 is to be believed then surley Jefferson has lost his portion of the tree of life. The tree in the garden which the devil told eve not to eat from.

But wait a minute Jefferson was the 3rd president of the US and a rich and successful man. And he took away words from the book of prophecy. That doesn't sound like someone suffering under a curse.

Revelation 22:18
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book. 20 He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus! 21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen.

The bible ends with a curse and begins with a curse.

Genesis 3:11
He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?" 12 The man said, "The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate." 13 Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this that you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."
14 The LORD God said to the serpent,
"Because you have done this,
cursed are you above all livestock
and above all beasts of the field;
on your belly you shall go,
and dust you shall eat
all the days of your life.

Etc, etc ..

Jeffersons bible doesn't contain genesis or revelation so it doesn't contain any curses.

Or does it?

[edit on 18-1-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I thought Jefferson took out many of Paul's teachings form the Bible, because he believed it to be the source of corruption.

He once said:

"The truth is that the greatest enemies to the doctrines of Jesus are those calling themselves the expositors of them, who have perverted them for the structure of a system of fancy absolutely incomprehensible, and without any foundation in his genuine words. And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this the most venerated reformer of human errors."

To paraphrase one of his others quotes, he said "Jesus came to teach the word of God and Paul came to corrupt it."

[edit on Sun Jan 18th 2009 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
My biggest question about the bible is :Why does God, the Almighty Creator, need a HUMAN SACRIFICE?
The Mayans did human sacrifice and the church labeled them -primative heathans. Seems to be a double standard.
As for Jeffersons bible , whatever.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

That title, 'The Jefferson Bible', tells you all you need to know.

He was an arrogant man and the Bible had nothing to do with him.

Jesus is coming back soon, hallelujiah!

I am taking every opening I find to proclaim the coming of Jesus.

Also, the old testament which has all that fire and brimstone...that is not Jesus.

Jesus is love.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

That title, 'The Jefferson Bible', tells you all you need to know.

And what about the "King James Bible" that so many Christians read today?

He was an arrogant man and the Bible had nothing to do with him.

What did the Bible have to do with King James?

Jesus is coming back soon, hallelujiah!

As has been repeated over the past thousand years.

You know this for a fact, when the Bible itself says that no one knows when the Earth will end?

Also, the old testament which has all that fire and brimstone...that is not Jesus.

Jesus is love.

Was Jesus the one who commanded the death of the Canaanites?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Jesus is love.

Was Jesus the one who commanded the death of the Canaanites?

Who was Jesus referring too in Luke 19:27 ?

Luke 19:27 But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.'"

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I can only imagine that they were evil, or devils.

Also, don't believe a lot of what you read in the Bible - it was written and transcribed by men with an agenda.

I still know this - Jesus is love.

There were a lot of people in the time of Jesus who hated him - good motive for lying.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I can only imagine that they were evil, or devils.

Also, don't believe a lot of what you read in the Bible - it was written and transcribed by men with an agenda.

I suspect that you are right. Evil men wrote the bible. Really I'm sure that the only reason that they kept anything that Jesus said in the book was that it offered them a chance to control the population.

In a way I think Jesus was preaching a passive aggresive sort of message. Let them be the king for now, but know that they will die and they will be replaced with a new king.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
That was probably God saying that slaughter thing.

Jesus wouldn't.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Jesus wouldn't.

Jesus wouldn't have done the slaughtering, he would have had someone else do it for him.

People in the shadows.

Hidden power.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
People are stupid, jesus is stupid, the bible is a stupid book.
Organized religion is the most debilitating disease humanity has at the moment and i cant wait until it is cured.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Europe
Organized religion is the most debilitating disease humanity has at the moment and i cant wait until it is cured.

What is your solution?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Wow, someone who agrees with me about the Bible? Ty so much.

Jesus would not have had anyone killed. He would have tested some people, as He does today, but that killing thing - that is not Jesus - maybe God.

I repeat, Jesus is Love.

I have it in my heart that I have to keep saying that.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

What is your solution?

Make a drug that turns everyone gay for 5 years, that way the bible and koran will have no sway and people will realise that that it is all a load of bollocks.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

What is your solution?

Make a drug that turns everyone gay for 5 years, that way the bible and koran will have no sway and people will realise that that it is all a load of bollocks.

LOL

Thanks for the laugh. Somehow I didn't think you had a real solution.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Europe

You are so right about so-called religion.

It is totally evil, it causes war and hatred, and it is NOT about God or Jesus.

It is about POWER for the top men - and I say men, because it certainly is not women.

Time to change.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

LOL

Thanks for the laugh. Somehow I didn't think you had a real solution.

No problem, the sooner people get a sense of humor about these things the quicker they will be takein with a grain of salt, things cant grow with salt so hopefully they will wither and die.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Europe

You are so right about so-called religion.

It is totally evil, it causes war and hatred, and it is NOT about God or Jesus.

It is about POWER for the top men - and I say men, because it certainly is not women.

Time to change.

Its just something that seperates people, that and nationalism are just stupid in my view, luckily europe is moving away from both at the moment, once the world sees that we can do it, common sense will prevail (hopefully) and other people will join us.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Jesus wouldn't.

Luke 19:27
But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.'"

Ahhhhhh, actually no. Jesus did say those words.

Luke 19:28
And when he had said these things, he went on ahead, going up to Jerusalem.

You see Jesus, he's the king. And the king slaughters non-believers. Why? Well that's what kings do.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I really hope so, and remember, Jesus loves you.

I have to stop this being a oneliner, LOL, so remember again that Jesus loves you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join