It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did you come to use your avatar

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
XtroZero had a great idea in that "Evil Avatar" thread: people should explain how they came to use their avatar.

For me it is obvious. I crafted one that spoke to my user name. You can easily see that my avatar says i am a "big, fat, furry, Texan".

How about you?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I was trying to advertise evil...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Mine is a painting that I did. It is my interpretation of depression. Nothing fancy, but I like it!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Actually, that's really friggin' cool. Your avatar just jumped 10 points in my view. That's a really good painting, and I love your interpretation of depression.

Kudos.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Thank you!!
Something about yours really struck a cord with me, I love it!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Nice Painting

Mine is an expression of "what you experience, may not really be happening"

Are the circles really rotating? they look like it.....Are you really living your life? It feels like it.....

hahaha nah

I just think it looks trippy and can mess with people's eyes

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I am more interested in the universe, and I asked roswell1 to make me a avatar with our earth in it, and thus, you can see my avatar.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
My homeboy, Xenu, told me if I didn't make that avatar he would not take me away in his spaceship when the world ends in 2012.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I flew nukes around the world for many years, and many times before we would go out partying as a crew we would watch Doctor Strange Glove, and I think I seen that movie 30 times, hence my avatar.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
My avatar obviously, contains a picture of John Lennon. I am a HUGE Beatles fan and an even bigger John Lennon fan. He is in my avatar because he is a great inspiration to me. His music reminds me of how wonderful life can be and just how insane it really is. The word imagine is in my avatar for that same reason.... plus its the name of one of his songs.

I found the pic on google around a year ago and I had my man roswell1 make the avatar for me. So for what thats worth...

I even got a u2u from springer once complementing my avatar which I thought was cool. We both agree that the pic of him in my avatar fits Johns personality perfectly.

My username comes from a song by John Lennong called "gimme some truth"

If you would like here is the song that I got my username from, quite good in my opinion.

So now you know!

Dust

[edit on 19-1-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I needed practise with photoshop and I think Mr Bush is a Muppet.

I still need practise with photoshop and Mr Bush is still a Muppet...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
My old avatar used to be this:

However, nobody ever figured out how to decode the side lines. The animation was also starting to get old, so I changed my background from light blue to orange and changed the image to this:

This one was alright, but, after three tries, the background image was finally added to the background of my profile, so I switched to my current avatar. Out of the three, my current one fits me the best.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

How do you mean decode the side lines??

I'm curious now.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Mines similar to my old one except for being a picture instead of a drawing.

It represents how i feel pretty much.Like ive been shunned by god and light my back to the world.Theres light all around me but none on me.Like a misguided angel.To me it also represents how i want to be good but make bad choices and have dark feelings and distance myself from the light.I know its contradictory but its hard to sum up.
I also like the beach and spend alot of time there so thats kinda cool.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I flew nukes around the world for many years, and many times before we would go out partying as a crew we would watch Doctor Strange Glove, and I think I seen that movie 30 times, hence my avatar.

you might be wrong about flying nukes.
You should check this thread out !

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is in my top 5 funniest threads on ATS

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Basically, I like old things that run on cogs...pocket watches. also, I was trying new artistic styles, you know, the 'shattered' edges and layers of rusty cogs in the background...also I found a cool picture of a pocket watch

Roswell.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
My current avatar is a picture of my back yard after the record breaking ice storm in the northeast US this winter.

It was designed by orange-light.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
i have mine because i've always liked the colours in it, mainly.

also there's an element of curiosity to it, i uasually have quite cartooney images, my last was popeye. i wanted to see if people would react differently to my posts if i used a slightly negative avatar.

didn't happen, people still read my posts and decide i'm a twat. :shk:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
GO STEELERS !!!!

Nuff Said.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Mine should be fairly obvious as well.

It's showing up a little dull today though.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join