It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dislike how Hollywood is politicizing films.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Okay... maybe it hasn't always been this way but I'm getting sick and tired of these films that are just politicized. I want a regular action type film. I don't need a fake crime film with journalists or politicians. Regular politicians don't control everything. It's only the ones at the top and in the secretive agencies that do. And they don't control other nations they collaborate with them and sometimes while they do control them... it isn't as movies suggest they do. Movies make it seem like politics is totally evil and politics can be evil but it's not in the way that movies suggest it! Movies brainwash innocent people into thinking that politicians commit crimes daily (they may, but that's not the point) and that politicians kill several American citizens daily, and people here wonder, if the government is out to get them (which they may, but, they are brainwashed into thinking that the government here is out to kill them). Truth is stranger than fiction! Can't Hollywood make a realistic political film for once? I mean they have made several realistic political fiction films before but like I would like more quality ones... I would like them to stop making fun of journalists. Journalists are good people. I've met some journalists in the past... and I know they're not bad people. Hollywood suggests that anyone with knowledge has unlimited power! Please, Hollywood, can you at least tell the truth? Stories are about facts not lies! If they're about lies at least tell us that they are don't make people think they are truth when they really aren't.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Remember...Hollywood doesn't do creativity any more when it comes to scripts. I think they're afraid of failure too much and seem to follow traditional tried and trusted profit makers.

Their twisted view of what they think people want to see comes from clans of overpaid fools who live in glitzy bubbles but seem to think they have their fingers on the pulse....yeah, right!

I can't remember the last time I saw a decent flick come out of Hollywood.

I prefer British films these days or just watch an "oldie" but "goldie".

The sheep still pay their money though don't they, that's why they keep churning out the endless, cheap comedy and the good guy, bad guy stuff....yawn..zzzzzzzzzz.

You want a brilliant movie try "Slumdog Millionaire". It's absolutely great.

..nerb

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Remember...Hollywood doesn't do creativity any more when it comes to scripts. I think they're afraid of failure too much and seem to follow traditional tried and trusted profit makers.

Generally I agree with you. All the comic book character movies comes to mind; that are geared to a young demographic that still has a little disposable income.

But I have been In the movie/TV industry now for a year as an actor/driver/PA/grip/background extra and I see now how obscenely expensive it is to make a film; Thus the producers tend not to gamble
on untried themes.

"Slumdog Millionaire" was brilliant. But Hollywood does put out some contemporary masterpieces occasionally try.....

Schenodoche, New York
Doubt

and I thought "No Country for Old Men" was a fresh twist on the good guy/badguy theme.

These to current films really pushed the envelope IMO. I review films in the Movie thread BTS section occasionally. I welcome anyone's feedback!!

And FrankI, try writing your own script if you are dissatisfied with the current stuff being promoted. Get some scrip writing software and get to it. I have. Script writing is fun.

www.mindstarprods.com...

[edit on 19-1-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

"Paul Bart: Mall Cop" was number one in the US with $33 million. I'm guessing we will see Hollywood start making more family comedies out there. They go where the money is.

[edit on 1/19/2009 by kidflash2008]

new topics

top topics

join