It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, I Realized Why America is Losing the War on Terror

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

What I do question, however, is their attitude. Every police officer and security personnel I encountered carried an air of incredibly high suspicion or even outright hostility, as well as what I saw as concerted efforts towards humiliating and intimidating people who simply may have not known any better or were just trying to cooperate as best they could. Even when asking for directions, it seems like a cop was more interested in determining some non-existent, ulterior motive as opposed to helping me or anybody else out get to work or wherever else they needed to go.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by sweatmonicaIdo]

A perfect description of what we as tourists endure when we "try" to enter the US. Getting weird looks, getting fingerprinted en photographed, standing in creepy little rooms with tens of people with "crowd control people" around you. You feel the blood reddening your face, and you get hallucinations of balls and chains. You need to give an address on your visa waiver of were you are going to stay. I saw a 16 year old girl who didnt know this and confronted with this by the man in the booth who didn't move an inch to help her, she became slightly panicked 'and red in the face and looked at her friends. She didn't know what to do, she appearantly did not book a hotel yet, as a lot of tourists do. The idiocy of that situation and her panic was a good picture of where we are heading.
A real free world.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
A lot of us on this thread seem to have difficulty with defining who is a terrorist. I'll do my best to help. Perhaps the best definition is here:

The United States Code defines terrorism as any "premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets."
- www.hglee.com...

Sounds pretty clear. It has to be 1.) Planned 2.) Politically motivated and 3.) Against non-combat targets.

The reason why they're dubbed "terrorist" is because they're causing fear among the civilian public. You (if civilian), me, the ones NOT in uniform (sworn under oath to protect this country against those who would do us harm) are in the crosshairs as well as your children, grandparents and the rest of your non-military family.

Main Entry: ter·ror·ism
: the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion

- www.merriam-webster.com...

I trust then that anyone from this point who asks, "what is a terrorist?" is being rhetorical.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
whole-heartedly agree...I know this isn't a popular statement but GW Bush DID protect us after 9/11. 9/11 wasn't cause by GW Bush...it started long before that...the planning, everything. His hard stance on security did in fact prevent another incident--lets hope that the new president will do the same. Historically, Democrats are great on economics and do the country well but horrible at defending or even taking a defensive posture...Republicans do wonderful at defending but are horrible at economics....This new president almost sounds like he'll be a moderate and provide a voice of reason. I hope he's got what it takes to take on washington and make moderate decisions that are in the best interest of the country....and thus, keep us safe.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I quote you "there are unfortunately opportunists and psychos who believe the culture of fear is part of a sinister conspiracy aimed at subverting and suppressing the good people of the United States. On the other hand, there are sensible people who realize its a product of various circumstances, reactionsand attitudes that have come about as a result of traumatic events such as 9/11".

I live outside the USA and it easier to see what is happening from an outside position. The traumatic events of 9/11 are firstly questionable in their origin. The 3 World Trade Tower buildings which all came down on 9/11 look as though they were brought down in the same way they demolish buildings. For that to have happened then people needed access inside them to put the explosives in and would have had to be totally verified by internal security. Also to bring down buildings like that then it takes a lot of pre-planning and visits. To many outside of the USA it looks like an 'Inside job'.

Then if the people who created the 'Inside job' keep talking fear and terrorism over and over again and keep reminding people of 9/11 then they are helping to keep up the momentum of fear.

If people are interested in following this information through further there are lots of contradictions re: the official story given out. Did you know that 7 of the named hijackers are alive and well in their respective countries and that they have never been interviewed by the CIA or any US investegatory body eve though they were contacted directly? Don't you think it would be in their interests to really know who did it? So why aren't they bothered?

I have spoken to professional pilots who say that the ways the planes go into the Towers - particularly the 2nd one, can't be done. I have spoken to air traffic controllers who tell me that procedures must have been blocked or deliberately not followed on that day... It goes on..

If any of what I am saying gives you concern please check it out. It is true. And so it brings up a question - Who really did 9/11? We may never know but it does seem from the extensive facts and contradictions that it was an inside job, so who then are the real 'terrorists'?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Keep you safe, are you serious, what you think bombing murdering and torturing people will make you safe, I don't think so. Amwerica right now is peddling backwards, this obsession with fear and intimidation will afect the country for all the wrong reasons.

America does face terrorism from its own people, Government and the perps who are running the show be they Jews, Neocons or Zionists. They are the real threat to America. But if America keeps up this intimidating attitude eventually people will stop visiting. Its all becoming abit like Stalins Russia.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
America does face terrorism from its own people...

Yep, with the person in the next cubicle punching me all the time it's hard to get any work done.

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Its all becoming abit like Stalins Russia.

Tell me about it, it took a whole ten seconds for me to buy a loaf of bread at the convenience store because of the line. What is this country coming to?

Millions of Christians were killed in the Stalin Russia era, it's a wonder I'm still alive in "Stalin America"

Toward that end, the Communist regime confiscated church property, ridiculed religion, harassed believers, and propagated atheism in the schools. Actions toward particular religions, however, were determined by State interests, and most organized religions were never outlawed. It is estimated that some 20 million Christians (17 million Orthodox 3 million Roman catholic) died or were interned in gulags.
- en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 21-1-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

Actually, you are wrong.
They did not lose 7000 people. Don't you read your papers? They killed "suspected" this, jailed "suspected" that, blew up "suspected" this, killing "suspected" that. Yet, you never read a follow up confirming "suspicions". yet, there are articles from over there that you naively and biasedly would not read that say the US and her Allies: killed "innocent" this, jailed "innocent" that, blew up "innocent" this, killing "innocent" that. I myself have been ordered by the US to blow up a building housing innocents, knowing and only after the targeted "suspects" had left.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join