It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, I Realized Why America is Losing the War on Terror

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

You know what, you're right. The USA shouldn't have "messed around" when Germany attempted to eliminate British democracy by invading you in WWII.

Mainland Britain wasn't invaded. I don't think the American government did out of the goodness of their heart.

Avoiding conflict certainly made the World a "safer and better place" for Neville Chamberlain though didn't it?

Neville Chamberlain declared war on Germany, that's hardly avoiding conflict.

So basically every one who is in fear of oppression or dictatorial rule can go hang, what's that saying you people have "I'm alright Jack".

Well that's what most countries think including the USA except when it makes for a good excuse.

What about all the democratic governments and leaders the USA has overthrown over the years?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think that the war on terror has for many people (including many in the Bush administration) become a war against Islam. I think that we are fighting a new kind of war, a war with no front, with no set battlefield, with no set enemy or set objective. We can have "democracy" go to war with "islamofacism" all we want. If the last muslim dies hating the US then we lost. We can't beat terrorism any more then we can beat an earthquake. Terrorism in one for or another has existed for hundreds of year. 911 cost less then 500,000 dollars to carry out and involved 19 hijackers, and a handful of other people. As long as their are 19 people who can pool 500000 dollars we'll never be safe from terrorism.

I used to be a big church goer and I eventually became disgusted with how many Christians wanted a war against Islam. And im sure that a lot of muslims want a war against christianity. But thats not the point. I don't care who is killing americans, or who america is killing. We should defend ourselves, while not giving other nations a reason to think they need to defend them selves from us.

And airport security is bull#. The stastical majority of terrorist attacks carried out on american soil have been carried out by ELF/ALF types, followed by Christian Fundamentalists. Theres plenty of dangerous people back here.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
After reading some of these posts I am starting to believe the war on terror is being won.

The enemy is you, not some nutjob with a bomb strapped to himself.,
the enemy is people who will speak out against the atrocities and who will fight for their freedom.
The enemy is knowledge of right and wrong,

your winning the war when people want to know what Angelina and Brad had for breakfast rather than what is happening in Iraq.
You are winning when people complain that their favorite idol contestant got voted out and worry less about the deaths of children in an adult war.
your winning when people who try and tell others the truth are called conspiracy theorists and are just strange who live in a fantasy.

so the war on terror is being won, the war on terrorists will never be won until there is just 1 person left.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
You can't win a war that you created unless you concede to yourself. Doing so would admit it's origins.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
First of all I disagree with the premise that we are "losing the global war on terror".

So by any measure it is the terror organizations who are losing.

I have to agree with you, and last I heard, it is safer in Iraq than to drive on the freeway in L.A.

On the rest of the article about attitudes of the DC police. Right now they are way out numbered and highly stressed. After the Inaugurals are over they will get back to business as usual just like the rest of us. I don't think that there is anything abnormal about it.

Now this time, I think you are dead wrong. Once the stress and such is over, they can resume their ordinary arrogant, condescending bullying. Business as usual is criminal as usual. I've never met an honest cop I didn't like. Come to think of it, I've never met an honest cop...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

The culture of fear is real. There is no denying it. The difference is, there are unfortunately opportunists and psychos who believe the culture of fear is part of a sinister conspiracy aimed at subverting and suppressing the good people of the United States. On the other hand, there are sensible people who realize its a product of various circumstances, reactionsand attitudes that have come about as a result of traumatic events such as 9/11.

Washington, D.C. is the capital of the United States, as well as where out president and our government operate. It is definitely understandable that the dominant post-9/11 culture of this city, this area, is one of caution, security, and suspicion. We (all who live in the D.C. area), after all, are essentially in the business of protecting the president and the machinery that keeps our country together. Therefore, unlike many of the conspiracy theorists and opportunists on this board, I do not question the actions taken by our government and by our intelligence and law enforcement agencies to protect this city and our leaders.

America is losing the war because we've let traumatic events dictate something as fundamental as how we treat our fellow countrymen. Do what we have to do to defend America, turn it into a fortress if we have to. But we shouldn't build fortresses around ourselves. When people say America lost its innocence on 9/11, they weren't kidding. Its time we look at ourselves in the mirror, at those we've hurt, and ask ourselves whether we're worth protecting. I don't know what the answer is anymore.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by sweatmonicaIdo]

I might be able to relate, through experience, why tensions are always so high at such large events in the District and Metro Area. I attended President Bush's Inauguration in 2005, and I attempted to gain a position along the Parade Route in the Early Afternoon Hours. When I came up from the Metro Station, the first thing I noticed was that Metro and Coach Buses were parked sideways in all of the Roadways leading into the Roundabout. They did this so as to contain the vast amount of Protestors present that day. Low and behold however, the only person I saw in the middle of this Roundabout was a Hippie stroking a Guitar, while playing Kumbaya.

Then I walked past about 20 or so Vans full of SWAT and CT Teams, armed to the Teeth, yet chilling/relaxing on some downtime. As I walked down the street, I attempted to enter the Parade Route, but they had just locked down the Security Barrier as the so called "Peaceful Protestors" began their attempts to forcefully scale these Barriers, and thus Riot, and ruin the day for Everyone. Then those Vans full of SWAT/CT swooped in, along with Marked Patrol Units, Motorcycle Units, Helos, and So on. They raced down the street, and walking in that direction, I saw some Rioters walking back with Tears gushing from their eyes (CS-Tear Gas).

The entire City was FILLED with idiots that day, and Irresponsible, Inconsiderate Idiots at that. In fact, if that had gotten out of hand, and Security had not stopped them, the entire City would have erupted into complete and utter Chaos.

Now take that, and imagine if we have a crowd anywhere near the Predicted Size for this years Inauguration, then Multiply the Results, and woahlah! A Recipe for Disaster.

As for the War on Terror, we ARE winning it, the only problem with the "Free World" are the leftists who somehow belive that we are better off simply Talking to Terrorists, as opposed to Fighting them. The Fantasy World living Ostriches are the true and major Roadblock to success in the current Worldwide Conflict against Terrorists.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

Blah blah! Same old right wing rubbish supporting Bush's lunatic behaviour!

Sadaam WAS paying suicide bombers...those who attacked ISRAEL not USA!

He wasn't arming them or organising their attacks!

No connection whatever between Sadaam and WTC attack...no matter where Ramsy came from!

Sadaam and bin Larden were about as chummy as Sonny Liston and Cassius Clay!

Bush's madness has NOT reduced the threat of terrorist attacks against the USA...it has INCREASED it!!! Postponement is not the same thing as Termination!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If you locked me in a room and kicked me in the rear until I told you how to win the war on terror, this is what I would say.

There are two types of terror to fight in this war. The first is the physical terrorist. The terrorist would be defined as a person who acts against you in some fashion or another. I am not making a moral judgment on the terrorist, only describing how one party in this situation would define it. People who hijacked planes and took hostages used to be the ones that gained the title of terrorist. It is a trend that more and more criminals are being labeled as terrorists (again not making judgments, only trying to define things).

After you have identified a person who fits your label of terrorist, your next course of action would be to eliminate him. This usually means making the person in question not live anymore. A win would have to be defined as when all those identified as terrorists are dead or incapacitated in some other way. A better strategy in dealing with terrorism, in this sense, would be being concerned about not losing instead of wining.

The second type of terror is the fear that people have to the side effects of terrorist actions. These side effects are usually death, mutilation, torture, and other harmful to your health conditions. This fear is not only for you, but for your family as well. To defeat this type of terror everyone who is fearful would have to live the life of a frontiersman.

Hear me out...

Fear of terror is really fear that someone or something will do you harm with you having no recourse to this action. In modern society people have become accustomed to relying on many services provided by people other than themselves. Food is bought at stores. Energy and water are often pumped through lines into your house. Health requires prescription medications instead of herbal remedies. By God if these systems broke down you would be pretty fearful I bet.

The reliance on these systems has caused the majority of the population to move into urban centers, where these services are easy to come by. This mix is the recipe for people to feel terrified! You pack a bunch of people, who suckle at the teat of modern society, into crowded city and of course terror is the result. In a sense the city dweller is saying, “Hi! I am a person who, when push comes to shove, doesn't have the skills necessary for the continuation of my own life! A few thousand or so of us “inept at surviving” people have gathered in this cramped space that is rather under protected! Please attack me!

Could you make yourselves a bigger target?

What does the frontiersman have to do with this. Well the frontiersman had a much harder hold on life than we do. He was responsible for his food, water, heat, health, and many more necessities for living. He may have had harder work to do than the modern man, but he had recourse in his life. He did not fear that his pipes would freeze, or that the grocery store would run out of food. If a challenge came his way it was mostly a fair fight testing his abilities.

Today we don't have that fair fight. We rely to heavily on others to defend us. Fear and terror are all a side effects of modernized society. I am not saying that this is a good or bad thing. I am only pointing out what I see.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I have lived and live in the area you talk about and I think it maybe a paranoid place and generally conducive to type A people. Hence the police also live there and will be as agressive as any person. People in the area also don't question the government at all, they think if there guy gets in all will be well, they think they are the government. Yet the size of the government has grown to a breaking point, it has grown too large and that will sow the dischord that also has begun with the banking system. People are mind controlled through use of fear, even if there were no threat there would be no reason not to pretend there were a threat as to make people not want to go out to the event. Why would they want a bunch of people roaming around the capital? How would the government benefit if this were going on every day? Thye wouldn't, it would be chaos, but that would be all it would take to take the government back. If millions just showed up on the door of the white house it would be a revolution and if things continue to decline maybe we will have a new bonus march? Maybe a million naked protestors in the summer? That actually scars the politicians to death, that we would park ourselves on their front door and demand accountability and access by the millions.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
When we have to raise an army of 40,000 and spend almost a quarter of a billion dollars to install the new POTUS then we know something is wrong. Its like the last blow out party before final exams and I am afraid with this guy will will fail the test.

This guy is not that important. No one person on this planet is that important. He is a black man. Nothing more, nothing less...

We are losing the war on terror because we are not fighting the war on the terrorists terms. We will install some liberal feel good administration and spend a ton of money doing it but we refuset o fight a war like they did when the world was on the line 50 years ago.

Its not that complicated... We are losing because we won't be as brutal as the enemy.. If we did then this war would be over already...

Who's John Gault? Anyone?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
When we have to raise an army of 40,000 and spend almost a quarter of a billion dollars to install the new POTUS then we know something is wrong.

Brilliant observation.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

wow, that is exactly how i feel and im glad someone else realized it, i wish we could do something about their bad attitude. orlando florida

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Just like an ET once said. You(we) are the first civilization I know of that has to pay to live on a planet in which they were born.

Thats a pretty hardcore statement and pretty much sums it up.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I'm sorry... losing? The War on Terror is accomplishing the one thing that it was intended to do: Terrify us.

1. It's terrifying us into submission. Now we have warrentless wiretapping, U.S. military patrols on civilian soil, government-condoned torture, no-fly lists, indefinite detainment of "terror suspects," and even a "Constitution-free zone" encompassing two thirds of the U.S. population... and we accept it as a mere inconvenience to protect us from terror.

2. It's terrifying us into debt. As businesses crumble and the economy teeters on the brink of disaster, we let the government spend and spend and spend on defense contracts. And we get all that money from loans from the very bankers and elite businessmen who worked behind the scenes to make the "War on Terror" happen.

3. It's terrifying us into silence. As the truth becomes more and more apparent, the denial grows stronger. People used to talk about the sham that the Iraq War really was. People used to come right out and say "It's about the oil," or "It's about the defense contracts." Now they say nothing. They merely acknowledge that the losses were heavy and the rewards were small. The conspiracy theorists have been silenced because the public is to terrified to listen.

Oh, I understand you're talking about military losses and successes. I for one, am completely convinced that we have obtained the exact level of success we were engineered to obtain. After all, if we just rolled right in and wiped the enemies out of existence...

We wouldn't still be terrified.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I'm thankful for the Americans and especially Canadian troops whom gave their lives to liberate from the Nazi's. Though if you know the whole story behind WW2 everyone was used by the elite and banker-scum to make profit from it.

The Nazi's didn't dare to invade Britain. They did bombed London to hell and thought this would cripple their will to fight, but it made them only more eager to fight. My country wasn't so lucky though. We had maybe 3% freedom fighters whom burned the archives so the Nazi's could not find out who was where and it saved many people. Hitler called them terrorists.

Hope people will one day find out that we're all being used and there is nothing to save only to be sacrificed by evil individuals far away from the fronts eating their fat bellies full leeching of our misery and death souls.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Stranded]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Stop seeing yourselfs as victims!
The USA has never ever been a victim in any conflict, USA is and has always been the agressor. WHEN USA had to deffend their boarders that ONE TIME ONLY in history you stroke back with two nuclear boms. Witch also gave the USa the support of the public for going into ww2. So easy!

When you are attacked you (media first) call it "terrorism" because many of the cassualties in 9/11 were civilians, then you find a passport from one of the terrorists and call it "evidence" and thats all it takes. While in any "liberation operation" your army is involved in, thousend and thousend civilian people, children and women, old and young all dying horrible deaths just as in 9/11 same same different colors.

Funny part is that your own secret services keep beeing the ones that "attacks" you and the majority of you go happy for war hungry for blod..ignoring the facts, without questioning anything. It takes just a small reason to get the USa public to accept killing and be killed.
Can´t you see that this is exactly what you think of your enemy?!

And for all extremists here let me clarify that i do feel for those people that died in 9/11. I just see them as victims of war and make no difference to those that dye every day by the hands of the Usa military. My point is NO MORE WARS! And for that it is neccessary that the public in usa reacts.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The americans can't really help it as such , they are probably as much a victim as everyone else involved in this whole sorry saga , they are , the people at least , weighed down and conditioned by an array of zionist influences , that perpetrates their media , their lobbys, armed forces, governments, judiciary , all walks of life .. that does not allow them the discretion to make an unprejudicial judgement . They are controlled . You would think a nation born out of Europe with the resources that the Americas had would have had the wherewithal to combat the threat the medieval europeans had dealt with time and again . But they didn't . Now look at the control they have to suffer under .

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Drexl]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Sweatmonica, do you look like an arab?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
For lack of patience in reading every reply that has been posted, forgive me if this has been said:

The war on terror. Let's think about this for a moment. We, as a nation, have decided to fight a war. Against who? Terorists? Who is a terrorist? Where do these terrorists live? can you show me on a map where Terroristland is? does it border the island nation of Chupacabra?

We are at war with an IDEA. How do you combat that? How do you quantify victory? One could argue that we are winning because america hasn't been the victim of another terrorist attack. What? Seriously? That means we're winning?

I don't know if most of you have been to an airport outside of the U.S., but the security measures are a joke. So why haven't these airports been attacked, if security is so relaxed? Is it because they're not america? I don't think so. It seems to me that if these terrorists wanted badly enough to hijack a plane, they could do it.

The war on terror is the same thing as the war on drugs. A joke. If you want to fight a war, pick a country with borders... oh wait, we already did. twice. Where'd that get us?

Bush liked to say quite often that the soldiers sent overseas were "fighting for your freedom". Sorry dubya, America is fighting with its own government for its freedom, which you are trying ever so hard to take away with the patriot act, and other bills that take our constitution, which was written in the blood of people who knew what freedom really was, and crap all over it.

If you want to fight terrorism, fight our government, and what it has become.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
www.pledgie.com...

I just visited this link, speaking of "freedom" People are going to jail totaly inocent. Anyone that feels free in the USa i say it is only a matter of time til its you who is going away.

To above a say you are absolutly right. One must not ignore or missjudge the power of this enormous propaganda-aparatus.

Peace

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join