It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 The Movie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
You guys take this sh1t way too seriously...

It's not propaganda, it's a movie for pure entertainment. It's an interesting subject, just like you guys enjoy to discuss it here...

[edit on 26-1-2009 by ZikhaN]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Its a documented fact that the Government has used mass media outlets to push agendas. Just the facts. To me, this just seems like the perfect opportunity for anyone wishing to sway public opinion over what may or may not happen in 2012.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tgautier13
reply to post by ZikhaN

Its a documented fact that the Government has used mass media outlets to push agendas. Just the facts. To me, this just seems like the perfect opportunity for anyone wishing to sway public opinion over what may or may not happen in 2012.

Other than the fact that this is being made by a major film studio, is not REALLY being sponsored by the UN, and no one in the government is involved whatsoever it the creation of it... do you have any like.. proof?

I agree that it's just a popular subject, and a good idea to make money with it.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Do you HONESTLY believe imdb.com would show "sponsored by the CIA" when it comes to things such as this?
Take this however you want.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Jesus christ, people here are way too much into conspiracy theories...

For fvck sake, the government is not making a movie about the end of the world to gain world attention. Do you honestly think the government have like little secret meetings where they discuss making a movie with a subliminal message about the end of the world?

"Hey, let's make a movie about the end of the world instead of actually bringing up the subject through media. It would be a lot more fun, because instead of just telling the people about it, we'll see if they can figure it out themselves! That way they'll have a bit of fun before they die!"

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
Jesus christ, people here are way too much into conspiracy theories...

For fvck sake, the government is not making a movie about the end of the world to gain world attention. Do you honestly think the government have like little secret meetings where they discuss making a movie with a subliminal message about the end of the world?

why are you then on this forum?

this is a conspiracies site

I think that this movie is entertainment but in the same time someone will feed on the negative energy and fear that it will produce...

it is simple as that

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
You guys take this sh1t way too seriously...

It's not propaganda, it's a movie for pure entertainment. It's an interesting subject, just like you guys enjoy to discuss it here...

[edit on 26-1-2009 by ZikhaN]

That's true!

But I guess a movie like this will inform a LOT more people about this 2012 deal, which means a LOT of people will be trying to make money off of these new people haha.

I think it looks great, and as a learning 3d artist I will be especially interested in what they recreate in 3d, I loved the way they made that flood, so powerful...

[edit on 27-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

CNN has posted an article on the movie today! they must of saw your thread!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

I think it is quite smart to test peoples reaction to events through movies. Just like TV and music they are integral part of our lives. If its a touchy subject like natural disasters, why not test the masses reaction and even suggest responses via the protagonist/survivors. I do think the government has meetings like that, small meetings.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I have checked this site out: science.nasa.gov... - to compare with the 2012 meteor/Mayonesion end of calendar/ apokalypse theory..

Maybe Nasa have calculated it all wrong? Maybe THAT meteor is ment to hit our planet? and maybe those mayonesian dudes who maked this calendar was high or drunk when they made it? can anyone compare to my thoughts? By the way, im new here at ATS, is there anyone here who is interested in helping a holmes out?

Vi ses, moderkneppere..

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well the movie looks too hollywood. I hope it will enlight people on 2012 rather than a movie made for $$$. Lets hope for the best in 2009, and hope for something good for 2012!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Savage Khan
reply to post by ZikhaN

I think it is quite smart to test peoples reaction to events through movies. Just like TV and music they are integral part of our lives. If its a touchy subject like natural disasters, why not test the masses reaction and even suggest responses via the protagonist/survivors. I do think the government has meetings like that, small meetings.

I think the end of the world is a bit more than just a "natural disaster";D

Why not test the masses reaction through a movie? Because it's a fvcking movie, people will either just have a good time watching it, or take it with a grain of salt (the ones who even know about the mayan calender stuff). And then there's the 0,000000000000000(keep going as long as you like)1% who will think it's a message from the government trying to warn you about the end of the world in 2012.

If the government would want to test mass reaction, they would just officially announce the end of the world>;C

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoisonousPoison
I don't know what to expect from a movie like this, we have about 20,000 or so topics on here each going on something different for the date 2012. From the looks of the trailer it seems to just be a gigantic flood taking part instead of returning of aliens, asteroids and all of that.

To be honest, I would have loved to have seen at least all of the predictions taken place in the movie, it would have made just as much sense as some of the theories that come about

In this trailer you see spaceships and "the return of the shining ones"

CLICK

So actually it IS about aliens coming to save us after waves and comets destroying Earth.

[edit on 31/1/09 by TheNetherlands]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands

Originally posted by PoisonousPoison
I don't know what to expect from a movie like this, we have about 20,000 or so topics on here each going on something different for the date 2012. From the looks of the trailer it seems to just be a gigantic flood taking part instead of returning of aliens, asteroids and all of that.

To be honest, I would have loved to have seen at least all of the predictions taken place in the movie, it would have made just as much sense as some of the theories that come about

In this trailer you see spaceships and "the return of the shining ones"

CLICK

So actually it IS about aliens coming to save us after waves and comets destroying Earth.

[edit on 31/1/09 by TheNetherlands]

Of course you know that this trailer is fan-made using scenes from other movies like War of the Worlds, Armageddon, The Day after Tomorrow and even some scenes from a computer game called EVE Online... you do know that right?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Yes, i did know that.

You sharp!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Im about to watch this movie..

Im a tad worried as it said it says on the boz, its a "modern christian epic", so hopefully its not too religiously based

Will post a review after ive watched it

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Double post

[edit on 15/2/2009 by OzWeatherman]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join