2012 The Movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Looks like its coming out this summer of 2009. Looks interesting ....

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
"How would governments prepare 6 million people for the end of the world"

They wouldn't.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I don't know what to expect from a movie like this, we have about 20,000 or so topics on here each going on something different for the date 2012. From the looks of the trailer it seems to just be a gigantic flood taking part instead of returning of aliens, asteroids and all of that.

To be honest, I would have loved to have seen at least all of the predictions taken place in the movie, it would have made just as much sense as some of the theories that come about

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInfamousOne

saw this before, looks interesting, reminds me of the day after tomorrow... didn't ever hear any floods associated with 2012 before.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Comrad "TheInfamousOne" it looks like its going to be a great movie, hopefully. They could have jazzed up the preview of 2012 by having the Tibetan Monk jump on a surf board and riding the waves.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

Comrad "TheInfamousOne" it looks like its going to be a great movie, hopefully. They could have jazzed up the preview of 2012 by having the Tibetan Monk jump on a surf board and riding the waves.

HA!

That was great! Maybe they'll put that in the spin off of Scary Movie 5.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
If we had a sudden polar shift, mountains could sink and others could rise. The face of the earth could change so seeing the flood coming over the Himalayas means there isn't much left of that part of the globe.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings
"How would governments prepare 6 million people for the end of the world"

They wouldn't.

If it's the end of the world, I'm sure the goverment will have other things on their mind other than protecting the people. Something like getting the politicians, bankers, and doctors off the planet before the rest of us die.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Just a puerile & shameless cash grab that exploits peoples fears and panders to paranoia. This is one movie I will not be contributing a dollar to.

2012 is just one big money making business and the sooner people realize their fears are being manipulated in order to get access to their hip pocket the better.

Deny Ignorance instead of Denying Your Ignorance!

IRM

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

You know what would really break this movie? (and what i can see hapening) its going to have some sort of a love story tied into it...hollywood always F-up movies like that

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Mark my words, you will see people after this movie, and when you try and mention 2012, they will reply...

"YOU GOT THAT FROM THE MOVIE!"

As we all know here, the talk of 2012 did not come from any movie. But try to convince people after the movie is released, and you will most likely be laughed at.

That's how Hollywood works. Put a truth in a movie, and then nobody will believe it. And they will just assume that the "Google 2012" message will just show them links to the movie. And they won't bother to Google it, because they will have already seen it.

How many times have you heard "you got that from star wars" or "V"?

If these people never saw those movies themselves, they never would have said that, would they...

Mind control is such a simple thing.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Don’t you think that is the point? Pure propaganda, no one will prepare after seeing this move. Like you said everyone will laugh it off as just a movie. This is one more way to devert our attention that is my guess.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This will no doubt be a nonsense as I have heard it is being made by Nickelodeon Films - the kid-friendly division of Paramount.

Apparently it will be about a family on vacation during the devastation.

Another 2012 movie coming to a cinema near you will be an adaptation of Whitley Streiber's upcoming book 2012: The War for Souls by Warner Bros.

More info here

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

This will no doubt be a nonsense

Yep.

I have heard it is being made by Nickelodeon Films

Please tell me you're joking!

Just looked it up on IMDB

Director: Roland Emmerich

*facepalm*

There's already enough idiots screaming in the wind about the "end of the world" and now there's going to be even more falling for the next round of mass disinformation and money hoarding techniques like pathetic movies such as this.
I should have pitched the idea to the networks myself a decade ago, i could have cleaned up and bought my own island and lived happily laughing my arse off for eternity.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by butane bob]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
No one knows if anything is going to happen or not. I started this thread due to the fact that there have been other threads out there that try to expose Hollywood Movies to the fact of recent events.

If nothing happens, great, I'll add to my list of apocalyptic cataclysmic predictions that never came true.

Until then, I'll sit on the fence with this idea.

And yes, you're going to see more people making money on the 2012 date and gimmicks and the whole 9. There is money to be made about the year 2012, you think things are bad now, wait until the date comes closer.

Watch how many people are going to freak out between now and 2012. Remember the comet "Hale Bopp"? Remember the guys who castrated themselves and killed themselves because they thought there was an alien space ship behind the comet and they wanted to catch the ride?

All one can do is just be aware of things of such and don't put your eggs in one basket. As for me, I'll just pop some popcorn and enjoy the show.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
looks good, a lot of stars in it.

www.imdb.com...

official website...
www.sonypictures.com...

original thread on ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101

Don’t you think that is the point? Pure propaganda, no one will prepare after seeing this move. Like you said everyone will laugh it off as just a movie. This is one more way to devert our attention that is my guess.

Please, if you will, give me the name of one so-called Hollywood propaganda film that has even come close to being true. Also name me one prediction about the 'end of the world' or cataclysm that has come true.

People in Hollywood have been making these films for decades. Matinee Movies started this whole thing off and it was primarily for the purpose of entertainment (plus popcorn & soda sales) . Oh yeah, and to warm the kiddies about the evils of big bad Russia and Communism. However, that take-over never happened either. It just made certain people fearful and paranoid. It appears some things never change and sheeple never learn.

Could it just be that 2012 is a buzz word right now and provides a simple opportunity for people to make money? Can a movie just be a movie? Occam's razor suggests "Yes".

IRM

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheInfamousOne
Looks like its coming out this summer of 2009. Looks interesting ....

Yet another money making scam set up by Hollywood. People are fools for it......

Still looks like a good film......

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Ever heard of entertainment?;S

It's not rly supposed to be taken seriously...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Typical Government-sponsored disinfo propaganda. If anything is to occur in the year 2012, expect this movie to try and sway the public's perception away from the truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join