It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Bowl Thread / NFL Football.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well it seems that Pittsburgh and Arizona will play in the superbowl this year. Both games today were filled with excitement. Go Steelers!

[edit on 20-1-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Kurt Warner is the greatest underrated quarterback in the league. Go Cardinals!!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I was hoping for a Jets Giants Bowl.
Oh well... Go Cardinals!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
And the first Australian ever will play in the superbowl..

Go Ben Graham!!!

And shouldnt this be in BTS?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
GO STEELERS !!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Steelers all the way !!!!!!!

Cardinals aint got a chance

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The Cardinals will win the Superbowl for the first time ever and put the Steelers back on their plane crying.

My team is out of it so I'm going for the underdogs this year.

GO CARDINALS!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Sorry to disappoint you, but the Steelers don't cry.

I'm not saying it's going to be an easy game as anyone can win on any given day.

I'll support my Steelers for 4 full quarters and in the end, I hope that we come out on top and celebrate a 6th Super Bowl win.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
My friend from New Jersey is a huge Eagles fan. He flew to Arizona on Friday to go to the game. Coming back tomorrow. I'll have a nice picture of Larry Fitzgerald waiting for him.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Go Steelers !!!!!!!!

Just a great year for the Black & Gold. The game is no gimmee by any stretch but I think it's going to be awful hard to beat those guys. -Steelers get #6.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well my Dolphins & Packers didnt make it,so I take the underated underdog.

Go Cardinals!!!

And a side note...

Any team that can beat the Falcons,Panthers and Eagles in concecutive weeks,isnt lucky,they are talented!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I can't believe that I am saying this, but Go Steelers!
I hope for a great game, with alot of great commercials. Yes I like the commercials......
Go Steelers ....... oh it burns, it burns when I say that!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Thanks buddy.... and you know had it been the Eagles and not the Steelers, you'd be getting a big..

E A G L E S

from me.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

It hurts me to say this….but lombozo is right. The Cardinals need to crash and burn….big time.

I won't say Go Steelers....not exactly....but.....

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What were the bookies thinking when they have Pittsburgh as an underdog? I don't really know if you guys have seen the odds line for the Super Bowl or not. Arizona is favored to win by a touchdown.
Now just wait a cotton pickin' minute here, the oddsmakers in Vegas had Pittsburgh finishing in third place in the AFC North. I think they had them behind Baltimore and Cleveland. Well, we all saw how that turned out in the end.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Where are you getting that? I see the Steelers as 7 point favorites. They will win by 13. Their defense is too mean to beat at this stage... Ben just has to have an average day to win...

[edit on 22-1-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Out of the the two teams I like the Steelers better, but it would be kinda nice to see the cardinals win one for once.

Eh truth be told, I dont care about either team that much so the outcome wont matter to me that much.

I like the steelers better, but the Cardinals havent won a superbowl and its nice to see a different team in the superbowl.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I thought you were a diehard Steelers fan? Anyway, Curt has been in Sb's...Brady beat him.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

You have it backwards. Pittsburgh is -7, any odds maker that is giving Pittsburgh 7 points will not be in business very long.

I may be the only person that cares, but the Patriots that missed the playoffs are already favorites to win the superbowl next year.

Jan. 21 (Bloomberg) -- The New England Patriots, who failed to make the National Football League playoffs this season, are favored to win the Super Bowl next year by Las Vegas oddsmakers.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
source

I always thought Steelers fans traveled well? But doesn't look like their is much of a market for Superbowl tickets this year either.

Ticket prices to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers battle the Arizona Cardinals in the championship game have slumped as much as 40 percent in the secondary market due to weak demand

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
source
Things should be back to normal next year. I just hope its a good game to watch.

top topics

join