It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women: They deserve respect.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

Dude, women are just like men. Even if women aren't in total control all the time, they have SOME control. When they chose not to interfere, they become enablers, plain and simple. For every Hitler, there is an Eva Braun who spreads her legs wide to receive his seed. That's nothing to sneeze at. Most of Manson's followers that did all that murdering were women. I don't mean to be coarse, but if you haven't figured that life lesson out yet, then... but, that's OK, I've considered the same idea before as well before I saw through all the Hollywood BS.

Remember, all it takes for evil to succeed is for good men (and women) to do nothing.

The real problem is humanity. I think we have a good chance of becoming a failed species... and the universe wouldn't shed a tear, much less notice... "humans? never heard of 'em..."

[edit on 19-1-2009 by TheSingularity]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

OP said: "Maybe we need more women in power. Women have always been suppressed and that might have done great damage to the collective minds of humanity"

I see that statement as Women, to have power need men to give it to them. The Queen of England has lots of power! Women choose powerful men, and usually run the family and household, it might not be an overt show of power, which is way I call it hidden. Women are complicit in the current power dynamic and maybe women are really in charge.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Nice thread. It's something people don't discuss much.I think Men and women deep down kinda hate each other. I think it's because of brainwashing by those in power and personal experience with the opposite sex. I hope that sexism and racsim will cease to exist.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Amelie

Good points. And, even for those that would say, "but, men's power is brutish, that's why they have power, but women are still RIGHT," I would just ask, isn't the mind supposed to be more powerful than the brutish? The reality is that both forces are evidently required for this universe to work. The law is wired-in on the subatomic level, so that's just how this stuff, we, work. The whole trick is balance. I think that's where the action is, life, in the middle between two, or more, forces. The extremes (peaks of opposing pyramids) are stagnant, but pulls in an opposite direction.

Holy crap, I really went off on a tangent! Sometimes I love my ADD

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Puhlease...

Women are just as bad as men.

Can we please stop blaming people for our own situations?

And oh yeah... learn to spell

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky
Nice thread. It's something people don't discuss much.I think Men and women deep down kinda hate each other. I think it's because of brainwashing by those in power and personal experience with the opposite sex. I hope that sexism and racsim will cease to exist.

I think it's just because the powers that be have imposed customs and societal pressures on us that are unrealistic for the purpose of making things better; albeit, better for them. They need each man to be chained down to each woman. It works out better that way, more taxes. Not that I'm a liberal, but a village-type system were kids have uncles and aunts help raise them while the father roams a bit more through life would create independently-minded men; bold and ready to argue with kings and his officers. Nooo, we can't have that. That's what happened to this country with forced government schooling. They couldn't stand to have a bunch of Jeffersons and Franklin's running around causing trouble... and those guys were self taught. The Underground History of American Education by John Taylor Gatto is a great read on this.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Puhlease...

Women are just as bad as men.

Can we please stop blaming people for our own situations?

And oh yeah... learn to spell

I wasnt putting the blame on men because it was men who chose to suppress women and it was women who accepted their choice and conformed to their will. The situation is seperation. We are equals only as one. If we are not united or in balance than a polarity forms, but if we are united than there is no polarity because we have become equal as one completing the missing pieces within us through eachother.

That is the missing piece if you have ever felt it. Isolation is an empty world of endless desire and no fulfillment.

I used to think I was an individual, but there is a sort of loneliness that accompanies that way of thinking since it is a form of seperation. When you are "unique" few people understand you. You feel sort of distant from alot of things. When you realize that everyone are pieces within you and the world is of you there is something much more special that can be felt. That you are not an individual, but just a twinkle of the same light.

Some people feel the need to be different or unique, but to actually live as different and unique from the rest of the world is hardly a life at all. But that can only become from someone who is stuck inside of the mind and not able to feel the connection he has with the world he lives in.

Without the mind we would have no free will and without the heart we would have no direction. Our purpose should be harmony.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Dude, I feel like you just described me perfectly... #.

But, the problem is, I see assholes... walking around, everywhere I go. What to do? I don't feel like I can open-up to people. I see people as shallow and excessively competitive.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm reminded of the tribe of women that spent decades killing their male children because they felt that they could live in peace as long as there were no male members in the tribe. A fine example of the equality and harmony you speak of.
Those that believe they have a mandate to control others in the name of harmony or fairness will never achieve it.
Life means some give, some take, and some equality. Nothing will ever be totally equal because that is not reality on any level.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSingularity

If you open up to people they will open up to you. It has to start from within yourself. Open up to yourself first and then you will beable to open up. Try to make someone else your introspection. And the most important part is to follow your instincts.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Oh but everything is equal. Everything is already one. Its just a matter of realizing it. Reality is one thing made of one thing that is complete and equal to itself. You are that one thing and you create the seperation you speak of. You are creation, creating.

But I understand what you say. I cant force anyone to live one as equal. Thats a realization they must make within themselvs and choose to persue.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join