It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women: They deserve respect.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I am a male and respect more women then guys...the two biggest annoyances to me are cockiness and stupidity, and while this only applies to the weakest of the men, it is those with these traits that bug the crap out of me. Even though women nag, they do not make me fill with hatred because of it

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Okay... So most of you failed to grasp what I was trying to say.

When women seperate themselvs from men or feel superior to men the same outcome is most likely going to happen. And yes we are physically different and some of us have different attributes and etc, but we are equals AS one. The key words are AS ONE. When we are united we fulfill one another and the polarity becomes non existent.

Regarding the homosexual question. Well I am mostly speaking of spiritual things here. A man can have a feminine type of consciousness and a female can have a masculine type of consciousness. Feminine would be compassionate. Masculine would be intellectual.

Just to make myself clear intellectual does not mean smart. It only means that you utilize your thoughts over compassion. A stupid person can think and a smart person can use their hearts.

I guess I was generalizing in the original post.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
A square and a circle overlapping eachother don't make "complete" in my eyes, sorry.

Two half circles or squares don't make "complete" either!

Two complete circles make a link...that's pretty damn cool imo.

If either party in a relationship isn't complete, looking to the other isn't always going to help is it?

If you think you deserve respect make darn sure you can give what you expect to recieve.

Peace..nerb

[edit on 19/1/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
What? The sqaure represents the male aspect of consciousness as it represents the male aspect of geometry. The circle represents the female aspect of cosnsciousness and the femal aspect of geometry.

You have a square and a circle... To harmonize the two they must both be present...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gears Of War

I believe in gender equality...women and men compliment each other.

Maybe this economy will require less superficial things and more emphasis on a mans intellect and compassion as opposed to the size of his wallet.

Maybe this economy will help us stick together or at least try a little harder.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisen Heimer
This is Harmony.
[edit on 18-1-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

Harmony...

THIS! IS! SPARTA!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
^
That possibly just made my day. I guess I can sleep now.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Very nice thread.

What should be mostly appreciated, is that you put forth harmony. You’re totally right. It doesn’t matter what the differences are. What matters most is how they find fulfillment and purpose together. I’ve always felt as if most men and women use their sexuality as some sort of power over the other. It seems like we have been locked down on some kind of “dominant vs dominated” relation.

Will we ever overcome this “curse”? Oh well, only once we’re desperate enough to face it.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
First off, i would like to point out that i love women. smooth skin, silky hair, smells of... well you get the point. Beautiful Creatures for sure, i don't care if their the most manipulative female on the planet. The OP is correct, humans need to respect each other, and it is attainable through unconditional Love. We should respect another human because they are human. Just because the quality of their character is off balance(in whatever way) doesn't make them less of a human.

Society places men in the macho, hide their feelings for the greater good category. So naturally, men tend to lean towards the hard a** macho attitude. A good percentage of women in the professional world see themselves as having to take on the macho persona, and add to it the cold, calculating, ruthlessness that some men have, simply because they are women, and view it as a disadvantage (because society depicts it as a disadvantage) and have to be extra cunning and sly to get ahead. This is beyond their control, its been conditioned upon them for many many centuries.

One must create a balance within oneself, by realizing as OP stated, that we are One. i am man, i am woman. Externally, it takes both a man and a woman to make a complete human child. Internally, it takes both male and female to make a complete human adult.

What kind of human would i be if i could not find it in my heart to help a sick child, or a disabled elderly person, or any human for that matter? When humans lose the ability to feel, then they are no longer humans. They are machines with narrow focus on life, most of the time that focus is upon themselves.

Harmony must first take place within, before it can take place without.
We can't change the world till we change ourselves.

Love and Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

I feel we are not equal at all. How are we equal?? See this is where the Women's right's moement messed up, sure I'm all for voting and what not, but because of them, I have to work and take care of my home. I have more responsibility then most men do. Not only do i have to keep up the home, which I do, my husband doesn't clean, or do laundry, or pay bills, or mow the lawn, among other things, but now i have to also get a high paying job in the process. i wish we would have left well enough alone. I am not lazy i just hate my life at the moment. My husband is the breadwinner, but I feel he doesn't want to be the only breadwinner, he wants, me to be one too. That puts more stress on my life because i cannot get a higher paying job, it will never happen, and if he leaves me for this, i will always blame the women's movement for it, i hate it.

So no men and women are not equal and never will be, so get over it!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
For me this is a touchy subject.
Its hard for me to respect women.
In the last few yrs I have had more married women and women with boyfriends offering me sex.
The idea that I should give them respect is silly to me.
Respect is earned and not given.
Its not just women its guys as well.
I have had attached men try to be sexual with me as well.
I am heterosexual and looking around lately I say there is no reason to respect anybody.
Last yr I had a girl who had a boyfriend come to my door at 4 in the morning with a bottle of vodka and orange juice.
She ends up slapping me across the face because I was honest enough to say I wouldn't date her or have sex with her.
Do I think women need more respect???
Yes but they need to do it themselves first b4 asking it from me.
This is a touchy subject for me for sure.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'm a woman and think our gender is wonderful in their essence
Not superior to men, just different.

Everyone deserves to be respected!- of course, no matter their condition, sex, age, etc.

However I also think, some respect is earned. One must know how to stand in the world so others will "learn" to respect them; actions and words should go in the same direction. I respect people who are true to themselves.

Besides, it's a reality that in this society women are mostly portrayed as a piece of meat. It's true also, that some women put themselves willingly in that position...;but that's because, they don't respect themselves.

Someone talked about strippers (or how about prostitutes)- it's about choices and valuing the self -as sacred.

Therefore,I believe, respect starts within the self- and then, the other will follow.

[edit on 19/1/09 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Im sorry ... but I don't know what fairy tail land you people come from ..

But in my world .. respect in earned .. not because you or anyone else says so.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Cio88]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisen Heimer
A man can have a feminine type of consciousness and a female can have a masculine type of consciousness. Feminine would be compassionate. Masculine would be intellectual.

i see no respect in this statement, the point is that there is no masculine or feminine types, there are personality types. men are really no more or less likely to be compassionate or intellectual by virtue of their physical being than women, it is a matter of personality and social conditioning.

two partners must have complimentary personality types, this is true, but the designation of personality types as being inherently male or female is the root of sexism, just as the designation of personality stereotypes on races is the root of racism.

it is no more acceptable to me to say that men are less compassionate than women than it is to say that black people are lazier than white people.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I believe all human beings, regardless what age, gender, profession, appearance, etc.etc. do deserve some respect. Some people deserve more respect. But having no respect for someone at all just because of _whatever reason_ is pretty low.

Some respect is earned, not all. Don't you deserve respect from all them youngins for being an elder? If you disagree, get back to me on that one when you become an elder and then we'll see.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

They awaken the very essense of life. I believe women are the only ones who can create this change for peace and man must accept them into their lives as one and equal.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course we should respect women more! Without women who would wash the dishes and cook our meals? Without women who would we leer at in adult magazines? Who would hoover our carpets and bare our children?
And above all else, without women who would crash our cars?
Women are vitally important. Without them mankind would wither and die. . .

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Ya it basically is this..mankind needs to grow up and out of its infancy of tribal warfare over God's and religion.

Of course, it's all about "religion" isn't it? Take a jab at it every chance one gets, even if it's not the root of our problems.

Rather, money, greed, power etc.

Everyone deserves respect, as it stands today, I'll be suprised if humanity makes it another 100 years before destroying itself.

We need more respect, respect for each other, our ideals, our people, our needs.

Peace,
FK

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

of all the women out there, and not to sound like a dick but I have been with plenty...top notch ones..NICE, and I keep in touch with all of them coz I am NICE.

only a small percentage are logical.
for example,

"2 plus 2 is 5"
"no actually its four"
she says "no its 5"
and this continues for a freaking LONG AS TIME
finally
"well I MEANT 4, you should have known what I meant"

now thats not EXACTLY how it happens but you get the point.

swear to GOD. there are men like this also but mostly women.

observe reality. play the roles. we are an extension of nature

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Why is it for women to be in power they have to be anointed or affirmed by men?

Women are complicit in the power dynamic but much of female power is hidden and behind the scenes. Do you think the Queen of England takes orders from Gordon Brown or Barack Obama. I imagine she would have a good laugh if you suggested she did.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Amelie]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Amelie

i don't follow your logic, what affirmation do you mean? what is the hidden power? the queen of england is a figure head, she hasn't, or does not exercise, any power.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join