It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women: They deserve respect.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I feel as though us humans need to make a change in ourselvs relatively soon or else we will be destroyed and take the entire planet with us. I dont know if living in Anarchy would have us make this change. It may make us more independant for alittle while, but if human consciousness remains the same than we will use our intelligence first and our compassion second. Which will lead to people trying to fullfill their own needs and desires instead of looking at the bigger picture. Which will result in a group of people establishing a form of control and suppression.

When intelligence dominates compassion there will always be suffering.

Its really sad to think about. We choose to be greedy and envious when there is great potential within us to become so much greater than what we are. Maybe we need more women in power. Women have alwaysed been suppressed and that might have done great damage to the collective minds of humanity. I mean women are suppost to complete what man is missing and vice versa.

This is Harmony.

A sqaure and a circle, not just a big (Snip) sqaure with nothing else. The women should complete the compassionate side of man. Without that connection there is little hope for world peace. Women should be respected greatly. They awaken the very essense of life. I believe women are the only ones who can create this change for peace and man must accept them into their lives as one and equal. I pitty the fool who thinks he is above women. You are above nothing. We are equals and can only survive in equality for that is the reality.

All I know is a change is needed or we will be destroyed. What is this change exactly? The movement of human consciousness from the mind to the heart. The higher power to do this resides within us. If I have made this change we should all beable to make this change and you will be rewarded for it. Trust me. All is love in honesty.

You must remember though that this is not about superiority, but harmony. Superiority is seperation.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by asala]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Ya it basically is this..mankind needs to grow up and out of its infancy of tribal warfare over God's and religion. Once that happens, which doesnt appear to look like that will become a reality any time soon, then our rightful place amongst the advanced can be reached.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Women should respect men a little bit more, right now women think they are all that and everything else, they want more and more and more and tend to disrespect men alot.

( im not talking about all women, but def the majority )

If women would respect men more and realize they need us just as much as we need them, then perhaps they can bring out that essence you speak of.

Cause right now the only essence most women bring out of me is irritation.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gears Of War

You think women are naturally disrespectful? No, no...even women today tend to diminish their feminine aspect in favor of the masculine that our culture is built around. Not saying masculinity=disrespectfulness, but like Wisen Heimer said imbalance and dominance causes this. We all need balance and harmony.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Like I said this is definitly not about superiority. The fact is that women have been suppressed for hundreds of years.

I know alot of women who think they are superior to men and alot of men who think they are superior to women like some stupid race war. We are one and equal. The point is that we complete one another and that human harmony can not and will not exist enless we treat man and women as one an equal. If we dont... We will all die.

Women should be honored as they honor their men. Right now I believe society is in favor of men. Which is seperation.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Is this article sexist? Or just acknowledging a natural fact? I can't decide.

Isn't it sexist to say that "only women" can bring about complete peace, etc.?

Don't men have that capacity, too, of we're all equal, as the OP says?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I said only women can make world peace possible AND men to accept them into their lives as one an equal. Of course women should acknowledge that men are one and equal too. I thought that was a given, sorry.

LIKE I HAVE SAID! This is definitly not about superiority.

The picture I included of harmony is both a circle and a square. That is harmony.

Women have been suppressed for hundreds of years and their conscious has not had much if any impact on humanity since then.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Ok then, want men and women to be equal ?

then destroy the media and these prime time shows, and tv series, 8/10 of these shows place men in a "drooling idiotic buffoon" view...

The men sit on couches was the women do everything and then the snide remarks come in while the guy tries his best to avoid helping.

Or anything the guy says is dismissed, even after he is proved right,,,,man there are so many of these shows and so many instances of this i can't name them all..

one of them is everyone loves raymond....man that dudes wife is a Btch!!!

She treats him like such a loser, and in the one episode she disses him so bad even my girlfriend said..wow thats bad, is that supposed to be funny ?

anyway, i believe that is what causes most of these problems...
the media portrays men as idiotic lazy retards, and women being as impressionable as they are think it's the truth, or it's how it really is...

same goes for these romantic comedies where the boyfriend is a GOD and everything he does is perfect, and the women swooooon, and then they look at their hard working, honest, caring boyfriend next to them and think, why can't he be like that ?

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Gears Of War]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It's about our society, not anything personally towards all men(at least I think that is correct), everyone is different, but our society has tended to have more of a masculine dominance in the past...I think we are moving to equality more, but many people (male and female) choose to resist it. Some males and females even have overcompensated for this imbalance and have created an opposite imbalance.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wisen Heimer
The women should complete the compassionate side of man. Without that connection there is little hope for world peace. Women should be respected greatly. They awaken the very essense of life. I believe women are the only ones who can create this change for peace and man must accept them into their lives as one and equal.

OP I get what you're saying and I agree with the concept - I'm just in a contentious mood and playing devil's advocate:

So, you postulate that women can 'complete' men, and that completion is almost essential to a better world. Does that mean that homosexual couples are almost always in some way 'incomplete', and lacking from the harmony you describe?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This isnt really about media BS, but the bigger picture of things. Not really about all your petty arguements with your girl friend, but the bigger picture. Im looking at a time scale of hundreds of years and the collective conscious of the entire human race.

The femenine aspect of consciousness is greatly suppressed.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
In my opinion, the original post (not that I don't see you're point) is too general.

When it comes to personal relationships...you must base opinions of individuals on individuals.

You risk missing out on valid interactions if one happens to deviate from your accepted generality.

And in the case of negative generalities...you risk applying a fallacious attribute(s) to someone who has no valid association save for a gender/ethnic shared trait.

I love women, don't get me wrong...but I have encountered manipulative individuals of the gender whom have compromised such idealogy expressed in the former parts of this thread...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I love women, don't get me wrong...but I have encountered manipulative individuals of the gender whom have compromised such idealogy expressed in the former parts of this thread...

Your stereotype is typical Christian witch-mongering. As Calvin said:

"Woman is more guilty than man, because she was seduced by Satan, and so diverted her husband from obedience to God that she was an instrument of death leading to all perdition. It is necessary that woman recognize this, and that she learn to what she is subjected; and not only against her husband. This is reason enough why today she is placed below and that she bears within her ignominy and shame."

Isn't it time we got past such demonizing? Men can be manipulative, too, you know!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Men can be manipulative, too, you know!

I never stated to the adverse...

My world is full of manipulation from both genders but I was attemtping to adhere to the thread topic...perhaps that was manipulative of me...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

No you're on topic and not manipulative. But you see how the topic caused a search for the converse; examples of stereotypes from life / experience to provide as evidence?

"Women are the harmonic completion of men"
-vs-
"Women are the manipulative ruin of men"

Two sides of the same stereotype coin, projecting onto gender. It's a pattern that reduces us as people. When we flee from one we're all-to-quick to embrace the other, sometimes, it seems.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

I agree completely. women do deserve respect and love, and this is little known, but women are generally smarter that men, and have a quicker reaction time. Ask any Drag Racer. Women are our mothers, Sisters, Daughters, and wives. The Christian mentality has demonized women, and the media has made them into sex symbols. The media also idolizes the thin woman as being perfect, but if one looks around with open eyes women come in all sizes and shapes. The Creator had to be one of each, no matter what any holy book says. Men have totally wrecked this world, it will be up to the women to run the next world.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Men and women are not equal. Thank God! Women have characteristics, emotions, and strengths that men don't. And vice-versa.

I hate to say it, but I have two friends, and there is no woman in the world who would put up with either of these two guys. Even though we are friends, when it comes to women, they are complete (Snip)

I agree that there is nothing like a good man and a good woman to bring out the best in each other. And, on occasion, the worst. But overall, each has something besides the obvious, which compliments the other.

I don't know why I posted on this topic. I know as much about women as I know about organic chemistry, and its effects on nineteenth century literature.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by asala]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
We won't ever be equals because we're simply not equals. It's like saying an apple = an orange. We're too different to understand the other very well. Before I get flamed for saying we're different, I'd like to say not being the same is something to be proud of. Men and women have things to be proud of.

I think maybe women hold a bit of a grudge against men over history. So now we're seeing a lot of media that's making men look dumb? Just looks like retaliation to me. It's not the right thing to happen but it shouldn't be surprising.

Woman is more guilty than man, because she was seduced by Satan, and so diverted her husband from obedience to God that she was an instrument of death leading to all perdition.

So does this make women more manipulative? Or does it make men easier to manipulate? Goes to show that men will go against God himself for some T&A

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Some women will never gain respect.

Look at those who work in strip-clubs, brothels or plain old street walkers.

They sure as hell don't have my respect.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Everybody deserves respect, but the concept escapes some. Respect is something that needs to be given first, then received. This takes little effort and the reward is great. Many do not realize that simple actions taken in the direction of being respectful are not unnoticed. Men and women should be respectful to one another period.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join