It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question For Vegans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Ok i can respect the vegetarian lifestyle, they believe it's cruel to kill any animal for food. However the vegan lifestyle is one that perplexes me and even vegetarians sometimes from what i have read.

Why is it bad to eat honey for example? Why is it bad to drink ethically produced milk? Why is it bad to accept any product that does not cause any real suffering or damage to an animal?

So those are my questions for vegan ATS members. Looking forward to the replies.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
. Why is it bad to eat honey for example? Why is it bad to drink ethically produced milk? Why is it bad to accept any product that does not cause any real suffering or damage to an animal?

I am a vegetarian, but I dont see any wrong in eating honey. And in my opinion, I do have a rant regarding how we humans can drink cows milk, but it will be against T&C.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
. Why is it bad to eat honey for example? Why is it bad to drink ethically produced milk? Why is it bad to accept any product that does not cause any real suffering or damage to an animal?

I am a vegetarian, but I dont see any wrong in eating honey. And in my opinion, I do have a rant regarding how we humans can drink cows milk, but it will be against T&C.

I think you're fine ranting if you don't swear or say anything about race and things like that. Go for it, however i said ethically produced milk. That's not the same as the cows which are injected with drugs that emaciate them and make them produce more milk.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ok. We all are humans, and why are we drinking cows milk and goats milk.:bnghd:

Hope you got my point.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

I'm not sure i am unless you mean that milk should be used for cows and goats. This makes no sense however as we raise them for milk and they produce more than they should as we keep them constantly fed well and milked.

Maybe you were making another point though.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
That is what I wanted to mention, being humans, why are we drinking cows milk?:shk:

We humans have not evolved to drink milk of other animals(hope the point is clear), and I remember reading that in many parts of the world, people have problems digesting lactic products.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Recent research indicates that humans are now housing bacteria in their guts that thrive on lactose and the majority can handle lactose anyway. Some people having an allergy or intolerance doesn't mean the food is bad. Otherwise no one would be eating peanuts

The milk is fine and it seems we're evolving to cope with it. Even if you don't agree (which is fine) at least we can agree on the honey issue. That's what bumps me about veganism, taking the honey doesn't damage the bees and in return for it they get well looked after.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
There are different types of vegans.

As ever, there are extreme vegans (who won't eat honey, or have sex with a meat eater, or even veggie) and other vegans.

My GF is a vegan, but is tolerant of the fact that I eat meat a couple of times a week, and eat dairy.
She eats honey, but otherwise doesn't eat animal products - shopping is a pain in the bottom, as we have to read all the labels if we buy sauce or have a takeaway chinese meal etc

BUT, most of my meals are vegan (out of 21 meals per week, about 3 or 4 are meat) and I feel pretty good because of that - in a health way.

I'm not going to give up meat or dairy etc, because I know my body needs it - my opinion is that it should be taken in moderation, and it works for me.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
My question is why eat simulated meat at all?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Fred, I eat meat, but also eat simulated meat, called TVP

TVP is good for making a bolognese and for chilli and other dishes, as an alternative to minced meat.

It gives a dish texture and flavour - and in all honesty is pretty good.

top topics

join