It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has George Osborne Got someone so bent as to take on Mandelson?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Has George Osborne Got someone so bent as to take on Mandelson?

news.bbc.co.uk

The move will see Mr Clarke, 68, take on fellow returning big-hitter Lord Mandelson, in setting out how to help firms through the economic turmoil.

Current shadow business secretary Alan Duncan will be offered another post.

Mr Clarke met David Cameron for lunch at the shadow chancellor George Osborne's west London home on Saturday to agree the basis of his return, according to BBC political editor Nick Robinson.

"The hope is he brings real firepower to that Tory front bench and also quite a lot of understanding of the plight they may face if they do make it into government," said Mr Robinson.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
George Osborne has come good. John Redwood wants a basic line on Europe, pure and simple, hate, hate, hate. Britain is not Nazi, nor is it corrupt. I would like the two to battle the extremeties out. Thank everything I am no longer confined to the Tory line.....

"However, the idea of Mr Clarke's return had been attacked by euro-sceptics Norman Tebbit, John Redwood and Tory donor, Sir Stuart Wheeler.

Mr Clarke's pro European views - in particular, his support for Britain scrapping the pound and joining the Euro - have alienated him from the mainstream of his party...."

Like Heseltine got in trouble for attacking Ms Thatcher when she demanded an attack or destroy him. The right wing of the Conservative Party are not neo fascists, they are straight Fascists who will destroy anyone whom has care for anyone worse off than them. (Does that make up my charachter count)?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well i'd argue over whether this is alternative breaking news or not, but nevertheless i welcome Clarke's return. He's likeable, takes a progressive stance on Europe rather than the blind nationalism shown by some and is a generally thoughtful fellow. Plus the public like him, if this is detrimental to the Tories then it'll most likely come from the old band of the party blindly attacking his Euro-friendly views.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venit
Well i'd argue over whether this is alternative breaking news or not, but nevertheless i welcome Clarke's return. He's likeable, takes a progressive stance on Europe rather than the blind nationalism shown by some and is a generally thoughtful fellow. Plus the public like him, if this is detrimental to the Tories then it'll most likely come from the old band of the party blindly attacking his Euro-friendly views.

I never want the Vatican to be part of my country. Ken Clarke would sell out his country down the river and out to sea for a prok pie and a meal to the 'holy see.' We need to keep Fascism out of Europe and that means the Pope, Jorge Haider and the ability to shut them out of the European Union. Ken Clarke bowed to Margaret Thatcher because he is Sh1. Heseltine never would and paid the price. Result, The Tories would never make Clarke their Leader though they 'love' him, Heseltine they hate but need for respectability. Go figure.

top topics

join