It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afraid of dying?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I don't seek death, but I am not afraid of it. I always thought I was, but when I have thought I was about to die, I didn't panic, I didn't feel scared...I simply accepted it.

What does scare me, as another poster said, is the moments I will miss after I am dead. Especially if I have children, I think Homer Simpson put it best. "It's every parents dream to outlive their children."

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Just wanted to say i'm not affraid to die. But i think most rational people are not, for it comes with living.

But since most rational people i know are on this site no need to bother...

But seriously, died once before while choking on some hard candy, it starts really chaotic but turns into a really peacefull experience when the lights start to go out slowly. Like stepping into a hot bath.....so my choice would be asphyxiation.

ps: 5min later i got reanimated 'couse else this post would be worth a thread of it's own. "ATS-member posting from afterlive, all is good here!!"

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
scared of death - heck no

Aside of my family and my son, who will be born in the next few weeks, I believe that death is the real Retirement.

Not so sound weird, But I am kinda looking forward to the unknown

But really Life is beautiful, it's just a shame the whole world can't feel the same.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Life is a short warm moment.
Death is a long cold rest.
"Pink Floyd"

Lewtra

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
People fear the unknown. People also fear that this is it and there is nothing beyond this existance.

Organized religion have preyed and exploited these basic fears since the dawn of time

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of that new show that's going to be on Spike TV called "1000 ways to die". Not only are we ALL going to die and have been dying slowly since birth you can take comfort in the fact that it's completely natural. The part that sucks is that many people die horrible deaths. In fact most of us will die in a really bad way. Very few people live and die of old age, and even the ones that do usually wish they were dead or minds are so far gone they don't even know what is going on around them.

So yep death is gonna happen my friends. It will be aweful and more then likely uncomfortable from something horrible happening to you. If you're lucky to die old, well then... you're lucky

Nothing like cheering everyone up huh? hehe

top topics

<< 1   >>

join