It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afraid of dying?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
We're all going to die, There's been about 30 billion people on this planet and they have all died. Does the goverment scare you with war stories how millions and millions will die if the Russians attack? You can fall off a ladder and break your neck and die let alone if a nuclear bomb lands on your head. You will be just as dead, If your worried about the after life, Lead a good life and you won't have so much to worry about on your deathbed. Don't let them use your fear of the enevitable to control you. Meteors, global warming, war, and run away dieseses are all just tools to keep us afraid. When you die you die.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I agree, dying is just another form of rebirth as far as the Universe is concerned anyway. Besides we humans haven't really done anything to be worth saving for by anybody or anything.

All we've done is find better ways to seperate and kill eachother.

But optomistically speaking, it'll be a good fireworks show.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'm not afraid of dying, but I am afraid of dying without a cause. If I die while fighting a foreign invasion, or for the future of tomorrow for my children and their friends, then I am not afraid to die. If I die in a global catastrophe of natural occurance, it will be because nature or god has decided i am no longer necesary in this plane of existance. So, death is not a fear, it is the method or purpose of death that makes me think twice.

Also, I am horrified of torture. If i were to be in a situation where they could take me to become a prisoner of war or for interrogation, i would never surrender until i have a bullet in my head. That or run out of ammunition, even then I would charge with a melee weapon and force them to kill me. Having my nipples clamped and attached to a car battery scares the f**k out of me.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
being alive i fear more

what to i need to fear about death.. wont need to worry once im dead

LOL

; )

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You are not here for along time ....you are here for a good time...so party on!!!!!

This aint a trial run!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
We only have one life as far as we know, so might as we might as well make this one count. I'm not afraid of death, i'm afraid of the unlived life, when i go to my grave i hope it'll be without regret that i should have done something.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

amen brother. i believe that too a T
2nd line

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned, dying just means I am finally going back home!

Whooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Death does not scare me, but to be honest the manner in which I may die concerns me...does that make sense? I don't want to suffer!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by korath

Well with such a blaise attitude why bother to live?

I am not afraid of dying, certain methods yes, but dying itself no. I don't care to burn to death, or die by torture.

I would be terribly upset to go right now, as my son is young and needs me. so I don't plan on dying anytime soon. And I want him to experience life.

so yes, worries of diseases and attacks worry me. Because there are lives to live yet.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
Death does not scare me, but to be honest the manner in which I may die concerns me...does that make sense? I don't want to suffer!

Exactly!
Death is the natural way of things just as birth is.
short old age story: I was going down the stairs at the bank and an old guy was taking his time coming up. When he got to the top he said "Todays my 90th birthday. I never thought I'd make it." Then he flashed this happy joyful smile at me. I told my wife that moment inspired me for my next 50 years.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I'm not afraid of dying...
as long as it's quick and over with.

Drowning or burning to death is a fear though.

Let me go in my sleep.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
memento mori - remember that you are mortal.
its a phrase i like to live by. Im not afraid to die, but i would never throw my life away for nothing. Id much rather try to make a difference through living rather than through my death.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
As Woody Allen said:

"I'm not afraid of dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

I'm much the same way.

A part of me looks forward to the adventure that I believe will come, another part of me dreads the moments that I won't even be around to see.

Death is but a fate slated to us all, by a design denied us.

I really look forward to meeting the one who designed this.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm scared of it, and as a matter of fact I've started two threads with related questions, I now have a "death complex" and it affects many aspects of my life including sleep, I am confidant that I am not the only person in the world with this "problem" and I am not afraid to admit that. I envy those who possess the ability to be so obtuse as to not fear that which they have no knowledge of.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I think i will miss being in this crazy world and all the moments i have collected and yet to collect

being dead sucks no matter how you word it, but hey we are alive so im happy..

on my deathbed if i get the chance.. i will mutter words i have always and still hold dear

I lived.. and for that im thankfull

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by theresult

I lived.. and for that im thankful

No truer words have been spoken on this site. I salute you.

MODS, I have seldom asked for anything, but can you give an applause or two here? I no longer have the ability but if I did, this statement would get several.

For my life, for my friends here, I am thankful.

Each of you are a gift,

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The greatest fear with regards to death is what happens in the afterlife. It is a sobering thing to have your soul judged by the living God. All the more reason to try to get right with Him now, than to trust in your own good works.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
you need not salute me...

and i am greatfull for the kind words in your post.

I just think infact i know our gift is life itself, it hard long and filled with people you may not like and may hate.. but that is the gift and it makes us who we are..

I will never fear death.. but i shal always fear life and my firends my connections my feelings everying...

so for that i am always greatfull even to those who shall not agree or wish me harm.

what els shall i ask of my life?

and again thankyou for understanding my simple statement

infact i shall salute you also

I am my brothers keeper and you sir are my brother.. not matter how we look at it

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
"Death is just another path, one that we all must take... "

Gandalf the White.

Afraid of death? No.

Afraid of the unknown? Yes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join