It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olbermans Recap of the Bush Admin

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Thanks for the reply budski.

Uberman (translate Olberman) and his highly produced nightly show is clearly a good demonstration of attacking the source (choose any topic) while promoting a singular agenda. His show also heavily relies on the ever-heralded standard liberal rejoinder of “Name Calling” for the sake of making ones' self feel better while minimizing those who clearly could contribute.

I would hazard a guess, from your response, that you probably have a copy of the euro-liberal play book on the desk next to your computer.

About the Daily Kos, this too is a liberal group who has little to contribute to the good of all. Although I am careful not to stoop to your level, anyone who takes a close look at the material posted on the Kos will have difficulty differentiating the content from some of the most radical figures in history, so much so that I am surprised they have not started a “brown shirt” club.

To rely on Olberman and the Daily Kos as a source for contemplation is obtuse. Support and believe in what is real, not what is contrived.

Concerning your disdain for trickle-down economics, how would you define the huge tax-cuts President Obama has proposed? Is that not the same? President Obama also tabled a $3000.00 pro-business tax cut for the creation of jobs. This fits in clearly with trickle-down economics.

Using the same theory, the trickle-down mortgages proposed/supported by liberals (and some moderates) are what got us into financial trouble in the first place. I would think knowing the source of a problem may be a good starting place to applying a fix rather that spouting rhetoric for a self esteem fix.

Imagine if we practiced medicine by ignoring the symptoms of a disease while calling the ill among us names? Maybe Olberman can pick it up from there.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Marmota monax]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

I didn't vote for Bush.

I saw him for the arrogant, spoiled idiot he was (and still is).

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Olberman is the Joseph Goebbels of the Obama Administration. He is a flame thrower and will continue until people are being killed in the streets for thier political views.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Regime change in Iraq was official US policy before Bush came into office... A guy named Clinton established that... Olberman is a biased, hateful liberal who misrepresents facts and situations, to further his hateful agenda. He hopes for failure in Iraq and Afghanistan, he is the very definition of a fifth columnist moron.

I did not vote for Obama, mainly because I did not like his policies. However, I am willing to give him a chance. I, unlike the ignorant, fifth columinst liberals under Bush, will hope for success under Obamas administration, for the good of the country. There will be no sour apples with me.

By the way things look, four years from now, Obama will be in the same boat that Pres. Bush is in today. He will be an unpopular President. I, however, hope for the countrys sake, to be wrong.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by West Coast]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
I sure as heck did not vote for him.. I would have to kick my own a$$ if I did.

As to the the people electing him .. I don't believe so .. the election was bought and paid for.

Truth hurts

If that amount of people thought he did not have the skills for the job .. why on earth did they vote for him.

Ill tell you .. exploitation of the black vote. Stupid and uninformed .. they only voted for him because hes black.

Yahtzee!

I hope for your sake that you're joking. The black community has voted 90+% D for decades, and this election was no different. What was different in this election? The past two presidents have F'd things up so bad that white and Latino people were willing to vote for a man of color named Barak Hussein Obama rather than a Clinton or Republican. That's some serious dissatisfaction, and you can throw Ron Paul's incredible run into the mix as well.

Unfortunately, I don't see Obama being any real agent of change. If he is we'll know it by how long he lives.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Riviera

I never said Bush was God. If you had read the whole thread you would know that I have already said that I hate Bush as much as the next guy.

My point is that everyone is praising Obama as the next J.C (Jesus Christ) but in 8 years I'd like to see that opinion.

And I don't need a Crystal Ball to see what's coming. We're heading for a "Greater Depression" and Obama's policies on over-taxing and spend, spend, spend aren't going to help! Not to mention the expanded military activity in the Middle-East (specifically for now, Afghanistan but I wouldn't be suprised if Pakistan isn't brought into the mix).

If you really believe Obama is going to make things better, than you really do make me sick

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

i think its hilarious that as bush's "legacy'' comes to an end...he's trying to make people feel sorry for him...all that he's done or should I say ruined.

He's now officially worse than Nixon and will go down in history as the worst president ever.

everyone should place blame on this man for the economy...i can only pray some psycho out there feels like goin' lee harvey oswald on this man...

Maybe now that the beast is gone...people will look into the secrets he's been hiding and he'll actually be prosecuted and hung like he deserves.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The difference between George W. Bush and Keith Olberman.

In 20 years people will still remember who George W. Bush was.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfAces
He's now officially worse than Nixon and will go down in history as the worst president ever.

History will judge Bush perhaps in a positive manner. Neither outcome is assured. It is ignorant to suggest otherwise.

everyone should place blame on this man for the economy...

You will do so at the expense of little to no knowledge on the subject. And no, it is not President Bush's fault.

Maybe now that the beast is gone...people will look into the secrets he's been hiding and he'll actually be prosecuted and hung like he deserves.

Since you seem to know so much, perhaps you could enlighten those of us who are unaware of what elusive secrets Mr. Bush has been hiding...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfAces

i think its hilarious that as bush's "legacy'' comes to an end...he's trying to make people feel sorry for him...all that he's done or should I say ruined.

everyone should place blame on this man for the economy...i can only pray some psycho out there feels like goin' lee harvey oswald on this man...

It gets even better. Now Cheney is supposed to have hurt his back moving boxes and will show up at the inauguration in a wheel chair!

As if Cheney would move a damn thing himself.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
By the way, did anyone notice that George W. Bush's popularity poll numbers have "suddenly" jumped up to 45 percent?

Did they really jump?

What really happened is that the MSM no longer sees any political benfit to distorting the polls. So, now they release the real numbers.

You see the same thing during every election. The MSM says that two candidates are "too close to call". Then suddenly, out of the blue, the Republican wins by 10 points.

The truth is that the MSM is left biased and they distort the poll numbers, hoping that the polls will influence some voters.

So President Bush leaves office with a pretty respectable 45 percent popularity rating. That is much better that Jimmy Carter and Richard Nixon did. Also better than LBJ. Wait and see what the MSM says in 10 years.

Also, pay close attention to Barrack Obama's numbers, if his numbers ever drop below 50 percent in the MSM, that will signal a seachange in the MSM's opinion of the man.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I like this ATS site for the conspiracy theories and all but politics that is not fair and balanced is not my cup-of-tea! MSNBC's Keith Olberman has lost all objectivity in journalism as his hatred of President Bush is so evident! President Bush served this nation well over these last eight years. His goal after 9/11 was to protect us from falling victim to another terrorist attack on our soil. He achieved his mission! All some out there are worried about is how well did we treat our enemy combatants. They are threatening to have President Bush prosecuted for war crimes violations! Such pacifists and peace mongers! We have a REAL enemy out there in Al-Queda and other Islamic radical terrorists that want to kill Americans at every chance! This is not a time to become complacent in our government or to have as a mission of the incoming Obama Administration to prosecute President Bush for keeping us safe from the terrorists! Terrorists and all enemy combatants should be placed into a Boeing 737 jetliner and flown into an abandoned skyscraper filled with other terrorists at 580 mph! President Bush did what he believed was right! I cannot believe his approval rating is only 22%! It's a shame that Americans believe what the mainstream media is telling them through outlets like MSNBC! Gullibility is so evident! The soon-to-be sworn in president has an approval rating of 83% lets just see how long his honeymoon period will last!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Look at his approval ratings, that's all I have to say.

This government is supposed to be by the people, for the people. Look at what the people think.

And add to that Bush openly admits he doesn't care what the people think, the very people he works for, well... yes, let's let history record those facts

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
as soon as i saw this threa and the commentater involved i knew the bush bashers would come out in the masses.to maker my point fast iwould pose this scenario.sept 11th 2001 your leader of the united states is al gore,cmon are you serious. now things have not gone as smooth as we would like,true but isnt that why they call it war? its sucks i know,im unemployed aswell but its not all his fault and i feel im realistic enough to see that.ist been said already many times but here it is again.history will decide bushs legacy not the natural ups and downs of the economy or climate.finally i would just encourage people to be realistic about things,its like liberalism is more than just politics anymore,its and emotionaly driven religion that refuses to let facts get in the way of forming an opinion of republicans.no offence people im just sayin.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaNutter
Look at his approval ratings, that's all I have to say.

This government is supposed to be by the people, for the people. Look at what the people think.

And add to that Bush openly admits he doesn't care what the people think, the very people he works for, well... yes, let's let history record those facts

Congress approval ratings are even lower.....

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

..errrr..what ?????..

...you mean i imagined all that blether during the lead up to the US invasion of Iraq about how the President was in charge ?...

..dam', i just knew that ol' '___' would get to me one day....

..from a white rabbit, who may well get around to registering, if he can find the time from doing his bit to clear up the mess in your ex-colony..

..pity yr Pres didn't read his Kipling in 1900 and something...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I can not stand Olberman. Why anyone would waste time watching this clown,
is beyond me? So instead of Olbermans recap of Bush, let's see Ben Affleck's
recap of Oberman!!

link[www.youtube.com...]

[edit on 01/12/2009 by paxnatus] for link

[edit on 01/12/2009 by paxnatus]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
What's this scumbag hitpiece journalist going to do now? Oh let me guess, blame everything that Obama fails at on someone else. Can't believe anyone watches this guy for anything other than pure entertainment. It's like a daily Saturday Night Live skit produced by AL Franken.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

No kidding. I can't stand the guy. I'm not sure why Olbermann's opinion of the Bush administration is worthy of 'Breaking News.' Its like asking Sean Hannity for his opinion of Barack Obama's administration four years from now. Both are die-hard partisans and you aren't going to get a fair review in either case.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

We can only assume its the agenda of the board operators....

I mean we raise an army of 40,000 and spend almost a quarter of a billion dollars to install the new POTUS and he can't even take the oath correctly but Bush is still the news of the day at ATS?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join