It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olbermans Recap of the Bush Admin

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
You do realize that the "DailyKos" is a Liberally biased Journalistic endeavour, do you not? I am not bashing you "HunkaHunka" for making this story known to us, as I do enjoy hearing both sides of the Political Spectrum, but you should always take the "Bush Bashing" with a serious Grain of Salt.

Our Current President has been receiving nothing but Criticism since Day One of his having taken Office. It all started with outcries of a "Stolen Election", which had little to do with President Bush himself, yet, that was all that the Critics found necessary in order to begin unleashing their wrath upon a Political Rival. It is quite sad really.

Outcries only happen when something seems wrong. Just because the site has a bias does not make the FACTS any less true.

Doesn't matter if a liberal, dem, repub, inbetween tells me the info..........

REMEMBER : It's not the messenger who is important , but the MESSAGE !

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I have posted this video before ... but figured I would post again for those who havent seen it yet.

Enjoy.

After seeing this ... how could anyone take the MSM serious. I know I didn't feel this way when I heard about him.

And when Chris Matthews comments on how people feel about Obama... I feel it's more like how the MSM feels. Clearly not the same as the people.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88

And when Chris Matthews comments on how people feel about Obama... I feel it's more like how the MSM feels. Clearly not the same as the people.

Uhmmm... Didn't the American people vote Obama into Office?

Seems like the American people do feel the same way.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

That's the sad part. And all these feelings WILL "CHANGE
" in 8 years. The American people felt the same way about Bush in 2000.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnyrobbo

Yeah you are right!! Lets give everyone a chunk of the pie regardless of whether they earned it or not, thank you, i'll stick with my capitolism and enjoy the good things in life associated with working harder than the "have nots"

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
A very interesting piece here and one which MAY show the true depth of the blindness and "crimes" of the last 8 years.

It is just one persons perspective - but one which many may agree with.

As the article says - "I hope you liked your beer"

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
A very interesting piece here and one which MAY show the true depth of the blindness and "crimes" of the last 8 years.

It is just one persons perspective - but one which many may agree with.

As the article says - "I hope you liked your beer"

Another amazing op-ed Budski...

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Fairwell GWB Goodbye! and good ridance! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I agree with Olberman on a lot of things.

I agree with some of the posts that contend that Bush alone cannot be blamed for the present state of the country. It's a whole ideology that rewards greed and exploitation, while painting itself as morally superior. It's government of the rich and privileged, by the rich and privileged and for the rich and privileged. That is not to say that all rich people subscribe to that ideology--they don't, fortunately for the country.

The change that Obama brings is a whole new ideological paradigm. Even if he can't solve all the country's serious problems in one term (and it's likely he will not) he brings a whole new outlook that promotes and rewards the lost "American dream."

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Can you give me a copy of that 'Crystal Ball' you're using to see the future results, I'd really like to know how the next 8 years will be! Seems that every response you've given has been 'wait and see to what he'll do, I guarantee it will be worse' but nothing else that's even worth while reading, back ground into why you feel that 'Bush' was the bees neez!.

I'm liberal and conservative; figure that one out for yourself, I personally couldn't wait for Bush to get out and can't wait for him to die. Personally, if possible, I'm going to go take a long piss at his grave when he's dead and buried, he deserves nothing but the worst that anyone with such an arrogant sense of self such as he displayed.

As far as proof of what bush was, I think the last interview with Larry King gives you an insight into how he feels or how much he cares about what we think of him. Bush is gone, I hope he dies a horrible death, Obama is in...whether it will be good or bad...we don't know.

Those that voted for him, we will see how things turn out - if he fails we can just blame Bush, he blamed Clinton so fairs fair right?

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Riviera]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Oh great, a featured thread on what Olberman has to say. Does MSNBC sponsor these forums or something? I noticed the MSNBC banner running.

Who cares what Olberman has to say? Hes a former sportscaster who hates Republicans and any view that doesn't conform to his left wing bubble.

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Didn't Bush win two elections in a row? That didn't stop them from demonizing him from day 1 and continuing for 8 years. Just like his inauguration was a waste of money, but suddenly thats a good thing when its a democrat being inaugurated.

Our media is dominated by left wing democrats. Its a fact.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Bakane]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yes, the people, along with millions of illegal aliens and ACORN, voted Obama into office.

And I sure you've seen the video concerning how Obama really got into office.

Nice try chief.

And Olberman as a source? Really? From the daily kos? Gee, you're not a plant are you?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Amazing that the same old tired tactic of attacking the source always finds favour amongst some - typically this would be dragged out when there is no other real argument.

A thought on that is that just because a person doesn't agree with a source or a post, it doesn't make that source or post any less valid.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, shrub and his cronies have just about completed the rape of the US taxpayer, and further enriched himself and his mates at the expense of just about everyone except for perhaps 300 major players on the world scene.

The myth of drip down economics continues to find favour with the ill informed, and meanwhile, the richest people in the world are patting each other on the back for a job well done.

Shrub should be flying a plane onto the whitehouse lawn and declaring "Mission accomplished"

[edit on 19/1/2009 by budski]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56[/i

As President, he IS responsble for what happens during his watch, whether he did anything wrong himself, or his team.

Don't mind me, just saving this quote to use in a few months.....

I'm trying to reconcile the people complaining (in posts above) about the majority of Americans supporting Bush, and people gloating (in posts elsewhere) that that the majority has finally spoken so that Obama was elected....Seems like the same thing to me.

People are stupid. Persons are smart. This has been proven time and again. Whenever too many people agree on the same thing, even if it's something I'm inclined to agree with, it makes me nervous. Which is probably why (to bring it back to the topic at hand) I think that Bush will be seen, after the hysteria is over, to have been overall not too bad as a president.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The only thing more funny and amusing, yet disappointing, than Bush, are the rabid Bush haters that so desperately need a scapegoat/villain in their lives to feel better.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thrustbucket

Its gonna be funny when Obama takes office .. and there is no one to blame or point fingers. Look no further then the Oval office.. hell maybe even the 'Chocolate' Office. ( No pun intended )

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of Bush, I'm glad he's going to be out of office in a few and I think the country will be better off.

However, isn't Olbermann reviewing Bush's term on the Daily Kos "news" in the same sense that Rush Limbaugh reviewing Clinton's term on the EIB network would have been some years ago?

I mean both are talking heads with their own agenda. Who you like depends on which side of the coin your views fall and either is quite capable of wording "news" to fit their views.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Yeah, I guess 'damning' is one way to put it!!

But just to warn you now.... While this is important to me, you will get many people on ATS all over this thread real quick.. I mean the ones that will start throwing insults at Olbermann, as their 'argument' against everything said in this video

Sorry, happens everytime.

so you are saying olbermann isnt a douchey left wing nut case and is not doing this with a purpose of furthering his agenda?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

reply to post by thrustbucket

Its gonna be funny when Obama takes office .. and there is no one to blame or point fingers. Look no further then the Oval office.. hell maybe even the 'Chocolate' Office. ( No pun intended )

everything that happens to obama will be blamed on what bush did 4/8 years ago. everything. from hurricanes to wars to civil outrage.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I would like to add the following: MY RECAP*

bUSH failed, but AMERICANS as a whole failed big time. Sitting by pretty, watching things deteriorate is NOT what we should be about.

We should be united in making sure that the system of this country works for US and on behalf of US...and the world.

To sit by idly and watch with apathy is UNPATRIOTIC AND UNAMERICAN.

I dont care if they DO put something to subdue us in the water...i drink the same water and i'm mad as hell.

I hope this serves as a lesson to us and the world.

So 8 years later, there go the criminals....and we all are here in Screwsville, now at the mercy of another man, whom we hope will do right by us, but he will have to make many unpopular desicions at first...you cant fix this mess by snapping your fingers...so i appeal to everyone to give him time.....if we should find out he is headed down a path not suitable to US< THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, then...
IMPEACH HIM RIGHT AWAY.

Never mind the process
A good boot in the ars will do. Its a new world.

Keith as always, you the man.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by dgtempe]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join