It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olbermans Recap of the Bush Admin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Olbermans Recap of the Bush Admin

www.dailykos.com

George Walker Bush.
43rd president of the United States.
first ever with a criminal record.
our third story tonight,
his presidency: eight years in eight minutes.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is an amazing piece.... I true must read.

It is amazing, what really appears when you place this altogether.

I'll leave that conclusion drawn to your own subjective interpretation.

Wow.

George Walker Bush.
43rd president of the United States.
first ever with a criminal record.
our third story tonight,
his presidency: eight years in eight minutes.

early in 2001 the U.S. fingered Al Qaeda
for the bombing of the USS Cole
Bush counterterrorism adviser Richard Clarke
had a plan to take down Al Qaeda.
instead by February the NSC
had already discussed invading Iraq,
and had a plan for post-Saddam Iraq.

www.dailykos.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Please Visit The Link For The Full Excerpt.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Wow .

Thanks for laying that out for us HH.

Quite a legacy indeed .

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Yeah, I guess 'damning' is one way to put it!!

But just to warn you now.... While this is important to me, you will get many people on ATS all over this thread real quick.. I mean the ones that will start throwing insults at Olbermann, as their 'argument' against everything said in this video

Sorry, happens everytime.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Just to throw a bone, not the first
read and get your head out of your bu.. er the sand, and understand impeachment is an indict type proceeding that ends up in a criminal charge, be it Nixon, Grant or clinton.
I f the charges are filed or not is not germain to the fact that a crime was committed.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Clinton's impeachment and the antics that caused it are a real credit to the dignity of the office. Always going for the low blow when it comes to President Bush must be somewhere in the liberal handbook.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokingmonkey
Clinton's impeachment and the antics that caused it are a real credit to the dignity of the office. Always going for the low blow when it comes to President Bush must be somewhere in the liberal handbook.

I'm not sure you actually read the article. Where was the low blow? This was an amazing reference of history and, I feel it was punctuated nicely leading us into tomorrow, figuratively.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Boy people just can't get over Bush can they ..

You might want to lube up your behind .. and get ready for Obama. You act as if Bush was the Sole person responsible for everything that has occured for the last 8 years.

You are sadly mistekn.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm not American and personally I dislike Bush but you guys got what you deserved --> you (or rather your fellow citizens) did elect him right?

In a few years he'll be an after thought compared to what Obama's going to do to your country (and the world really).

After all, Nixon had to actually resign. Who do you think left a worse legacy? Nixon or Bush.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

I know you said this before me, but you took the thoughts out of my head.
Good to see I'm not the only one who thinks that Bush might not be considered all that bad in a few years time.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
There have been things that have occurred in the past 8 years that were not Bush's fault. Bush usually made them worse, however. Not to mention the PLETHORA of bad things he did do. Obama may make things worse and he may not. I think it's unfair to not even give the man a chance, considering your fellow citizens voted for him in well placed majority.

But, personally, I want to see Bush exposed and thrown to the wolves. At the very least.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Wow, too bad he forgot to mention the original WTC bombing that Clinton ignored. Or maybe the 2 embassy bombings he ignored, or maybe even that airliner that people say was shot down by a missle that he ignored. Or maybe when Bill Clinton said he had Osama in his sights back in the 90s but wouldn't do it because he thought it would take away from the Lewinski scandal...ignored

The first rule in life is that what is right isn't always popular and what is popular isn't always right.

G.W. took a stand, too bad the liberal before him didn't have the backbone to do it or maybe 9/11 wouldn't have happened. For whatever he may have "made up" to do what he did, in a bigger picture, I'm sure it was worth it.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The only president with a "criminal" record? I HIGHLY doubt that. That is, what you classify criminal as.

My biggest gripes and main gripes with the Bush presidency is his obvious giving in towards the corporate owners. Whether or not you call these middle-eastern governments democracy (for those who have it), the aid he has given and possible allies are nice. Along with war are innocent casualties and that must always be remembered.

I said in another post. If Obama cleans this mess up then Bush will be a hero, if Obama does not clear it up, Bush will be the one who helped caused it.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
the saddest thing is everyone let him do it
and some people still defend him
sorry but your capitalist system is the most corrupt ever
Like the one who raises the most money wins
what happened to equal time etc to rule out this terrible injustice
apparently more people have been murdered under the two bush regimes
than ever yes I mean history apparently
The source is on my steak

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
"I'm not American and personally I dislike Bush but you guys got what you deserved --> you (or rather your fellow citizens) did elect him right?"
That's up for debate. His presidency will also be debated for years to come. I think we'll find out many unlawful things about Bush and Cheney.
I've said from his 2nd term, in which he stole the election, that he and his administration will go down as one of the worst in History. Can't wait to start reading/watching the fallout.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by HeluvaStorm]

[edit on 18-1-2009 by HeluvaStorm]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
Boy people just can't get over Bush can they ..

You might want to lube up your behind .. and get ready for Obama. You act as if Bush was the Sole person responsible for everything that has occured for the last 8 years.

You are sadly mistekn.

No, people who VOTED for him (and some of you actually did it twice) are MOSTLY responsible...

Who did you vote for in the last 8 years ???

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HeluvaStorm

If you look at the Florida judge who 'judged' him as the president, that man actually had ties to Bush Sr. who bailed him out for something or the other so obviously his mind was made before the case even arose. Therefore, ye Bush did steal the Presidency and I know that he did a plethora of bad things during his presidency. But he was elected by a close enough majority nation-wide for a SECOND term!

And where does Bush rank against Nixon and even Lincoln, who is usually seen as the greatest President ever even though he was nothing more than a tyrant.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

forgive my ignorance, but It has been Bush in charge for the past 8yrs has it not?

Therefore, blaming bush for his criminal acts seems fair to me, being they have been going on for the 8yrs he's been in offfice.

All your people who say get over it, its old news rah rah rah are the same cowards who in the begining denied anything was happening.

At a time when action was needed you wernt there, and now the times past your telling people to get over it, it was back then.

your pathetic, and a disgrace to your flag!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Cio88

At a time when action was needed you wernt there

(Guessing you are also American) Where exactly were you at this time? Where were the American people with all of this 'action'?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Wonder what will happen to olbermanns show once Bush is gone? Don't get me wrong,Bush is why the 2 term limit is a great thing but all this guy knows how to do is bash Bush. Well come Tuesday Bush is gone and Obama is in. I'm looking forward to it. I think Obama is the right guy at the right time. I just hope he doesn't listen to Pelosi or Reid. Maybe olbermann will actually have guests on that disagree with him. You know have a actual debate. Yea and monkeys will fly out of my butt. Maybe he'll keep on ragging on O'Reilly. He's the guy that whoops his a## in the ratings.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join