It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are guns cowardly???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Jonna don't make a simple concept so complicated.

I wasn't aware that it was.

Innocent civilians at death in American wars?? I say to you this, are they really innocent, if they were there because they chose to be, can you say they are really innocent at heart? I'am purely sure that atleast all of civilians that are killed in the wars America is involved in, that they have done something wrong in their lives, be it cursing out another person, or getting into fights and enflicting pain, so for you see as long as people are who they are there is no innocence, only people.

Now this is a queer statementment!?! Are you saying that if your mother goes to the supermarket and gets shot in the head that she diserved it because she chose to be there and because she might have cheated on a test in the third grade? Are you saying that this is a moral justification for murder?

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I see a lot of talk about a lot of things but the conversation has gone off on an tangent. The original question was, are guns cowardly? and what kind of training going into Marine Corps and Army sniper training like. I'll try to answer that question.

I was in the Marine Corps for 5 years. I wasn't a sniper but I had some buddies who tried out for it. I can only tell you what I've heard from them. I do know this though. Most of the sniper is school is advanced rifle shooting, learning windage, scope adjusting, and a whole heck of a lot of patience. My buddy said that sniper school is mostly patience. But to even qualify for sniper school you have to already shoot expert with a rifle. As for as the Army is concerned I don't know a whole lot about it. I would imagine that it would be very close in what you would learn in the Marine Corps. The best way to find out about it would be to go to the library and read about it. The reason I say library is because there are tons of web sites saying they know about snipers and their training and someone can even say they are or were a sniper, but there's no way for you to verify that information. So go to a library and find a book on snipers. At least that way you might get a more authoritative opinion and more acurate information about it. I hope that helps a little cyberdude78.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
HOLY CRAP JONNA!!!

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT!!!

I won't even give it a hard thought, but here is something even you might understand...

No matter what everyone here because people are they way they are, noone is innocent, and because noone lives forever, and because we use guns, the only thing these weapons have succeeded in doing is to REGULATE the number of people on the planet.

Without war this planet would have gone over its limit in habitational areas a long time ago. Guns are what keep us safe, are what keep us a as hole safe, you are thinking about one person, yourself, you are the most selfish person, I am talking about the concept of the human race as a HOLE! Not one single person.

Try thinking out side the box for once Jonna. Try seeing the bigger picture in mind alright?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
HOLY CRAP JONNA!!! YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT!!!
I won't even give it a hard thought, but here is something even you might understand...
No matter what everyone here because people are they way they are, noone is innocent, and because noone lives forever, and because we use guns, the only thing these weapons have succeeded in doing is to REGULATE the number of people on the planet.
Without war this planet would have gone over its limit in habitational areas a long time ago. Guns are what keep us safe, are what keep us a as hole safe, you are thinking about one person, yourself, you are the most selfish person, I am talking about the concept of the human race as a HOLE! Not one single person.
Try thinking out side the box for once Jonna. Try seeing the bigger picture in mind alright...

You're funny, I like you!
But my question is and always was, what does this have to do with guns being cowardly? I understand your argument; I just do not understand who you are agruing with.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Jonna, maybe you haven't noticed, and I am not no shrink or anything like that, but I just explained in what way guns are cowardly, and if you did not understand that concept, may your soul rest in peace.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Ok, you're a complete idiot. Guns are not cowardly in any way shape or form. Guns are just objects used by people for illegal activity or legal activity. People may be cowardly, but not an object. So trying to explain that a gun can be cowardly is a completely worthless arguement. If people want someone dead, they're going to find a way. Whether that's with a gun, a bat, a knife, lead pipe, or even with their hands, it just doesn't matter what they use. This whole arguement should be about the person, not the object used because you can't put blaim on an object that was picked up by a PERSON.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
DareDevil, let me clarify, WE ARE PERSONIFICYING AN OBJECT, we are giving it human attributes, and if you read my statement, you would see that it is people that are cowardly themselves.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I agree that it is how it is used. If it were not life or death I would go for the sword just for the fun of it. But if my life is on the line i go for whats practical.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Yes, guns are cowardly AND uncivilized. Instead of dealing with the problem in a civilized manner (weather that be through ignoring the problem ((aka being the bigger man)), negotioating the problem, or any other non-violent solution), you just deal with it by making it 'go away'. But you aren't really making it go away; the families, peers, countrymen of the person/people killed will forever hold a grudge. Congratulations! You have just started (or strengthened) a vengeance cycle of misery, death and destruction. Yay for you and your petty, selfish idea of problem solving. Here's a cookie.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join