It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will change your mind about Obama?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
What will he have to do?

Let's see oppose releasing the rest of the TARP funds.

Veto this massive 825+ Billion dollar stimulus plan that he is trying to sell the congress.

Fire Eric Holder and appoint somebody that is pro 2nd amendment and pro constitution.

In fact, fire all the Clinton era re-issues.

When the supreme court justices step down, appoint judges that are going to rule by law(US law) and not from the bench.

Get rid of all the new Offices he just created.

Cut federal spending.

I can go on. Honestly though these are realistic goals and that he can do that does not require approval from congress.

Are any of these things going to happen? No, they aren't or else he would have already done it. By not mentioning or hiring any of these things.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Since you're saying he hasn't done anything yet when someone mentions something he PLANS on doing, I'm not going to assume he'll do anything different till he does either.

I really hope he changes the mindset of those who "deserve" something just because. He worked for it, so can you.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Hendu]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
What will he have to do?

Let's see oppose releasing the rest of the TARP funds.

Veto this massive 825+ Billion dollar stimulus plan that he is trying to sell the congress.

True... the $825 billion I feel is not necessary as another 800 billion has already been committed, however I only see his adminstration coming up with ideas... I think its important for the republicans to be vocal over solutions instead of just simply "letting the market slid because it is a normal cycle". Action is needed, I think we all can agree on this...

[edit on 18-1-2009 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

Oh man.

Just continue with whatever you think. Continue to think that any criticism that may be passed on Obama or congress as denial or ignorance to the last 8 years. That's always the argument right? And then Republicans bring up Clinton's problems too right?

You are too far gone man. I won't argue with you. Continue to live in a fantasy world where Democrats and Republicans are Yin and Yang when they are both really Yinyangs.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I have nothing agianst obama. I pray that he will be a good president. People say they know he will a good preisdent. But people said that Jimmy Carter and Clinton would save the economy and the government and look what happened. And bush, oh bush, bush bush. The cards he was dealt, he got a 5 high and libs got a pair of aces. And it didn't help that the media hates the war in Iraq and demotes the soldiers there. 10-20 years from now and we look back and see that bush wasn't so bad. Anyway. heres to a new direction. Cheers.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

David the thread is regarding what Obama has to do, policy wise, economic wise, what he has to do as president for the next 4 years to change your mind or opinion of him, or in in your case bring back faith that there is hope in washington. You are living completely by conspiracy and speculation, thats not the kind of thing that will get this country moving.

There are inside dealings in Washington, no doubt about it, but that doesnt mean its all doom and gloom and that any candidate that comes in is some how "chosen".. I think by the least we all can wish upon him to handle things differently instead of just putting him out as just a hopeless other.. we can all judge him when he does something, not speculate and wish him ill before he performs any task.

Now... once again, what does Obama have to do as president for you to have faith in the political system once again?

[edit on 18-1-2009 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendu

That is pretty much my mind set I know all politicians lie and pander, but there are some things that they will do when they say it.

Honestly though I had legitimate reasons to not vote for him.

I just don't want to here 4 more years of Bush sucks. Unfortunately I think we will.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

We let the government take over to many facets of our lives.

I think some are getting confused with some of the people who are against what is going on and so called "Obama haters." I don't hate Obama. I hate that he will continue to go in the same direction Bush was going. It's not about political parties...at least not for me.

Well David in a later post you state SG has lost it - "to far gone"

If you read the first line maybe it is you have lost it. Our government is the entity that represents our collective voice. South of government is chaos... This is what we have now, this is our government and our RESPONSIBILITY to make it work.

I must confess you offer no information that will point to Obama continuing the BUSH CO policies. Obama has made an attempt to reach out to the "other side" as SG has pointed out. In turn SG is doing the same here dispite all the abuse that was flung out in the past year, now he is trying to walk the walk. This is the change Obama has been talking about and here you have an example.

Wouldn't it be politics as usual if SG said "up yers" "yer in the minority"?

Well he's not doing that...

[edit on 18-1-2009 by The Bald Champion]

[edit on 18-1-2009 by The Bald Champion]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'm a big Obama fan right now, but what will change my mind about my vote for him will be that if he doesn't respond to America's wishes/demands on his change.gov web site. Looking into Bush/Cheney's illegalities with re: to war crimes is the no. 1 item on the top 10 list on that web site. If he doesn't go after these criminals and proscecute them, this country cannot truly move forward...as he states he wants to do. Without the rule of law returning to this country, what's to stop this from happening again?
Disclosing UFO's and alien technology is another important biggee he needs to address. If he ignors what the people have voted for on his web site change.gov/org he will have a HUGE problem with his constituents!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I consider myself an American; that is not either republican or democrat. I harbor no known fantasies about the government, a government that on this day, I consider has failed its people. I don't blame one party or the other, I don't blame any one president or era, I don't even blame the government for all of it. It's not just the economy that has failed so miserably. It's not our education system that has failed; it is not the corrupt and unfair judicial system. It's not the mire of twisted taxation, regulation, and foreign policy;it's not the problem of millions of illegal aliens. It isn't because we fight unjust wars for interests other than the pursuit of freedom and liberty for all. It's not because I feel I can no longer trust anything my government says or does, and it not because the Constitution has been abused and ignored and rewritten without our consent. It's not ANY ONE of these things: IT IS ALL OF THEM. And the list goes on and on and on. I think many more people than are willing to admit this, still know in their hearts, it is true.
I don't necessarily believe in the prophecies of the Bible, or the Mayans, or Cayce. What they said interests me to a degree. I do not need anyone else's opinion to form my own. But I do have the overwhelming sense of doom for my country and for all of humanity. We have done this whole thing wrong. The USA is still the greatest ideal this world has ever seen. The USA is full of great people, we are a nation of idealists as a whole, we want the best and God knows, we are capable of GREATNESS. BUT our country is starving for a leader; a true, honest, leader.
My gut feeling is the Obama was ushered in; the election though not rigged, was rigged in a sense. Obama IS the Messiah to many of the hopeful Americans that really do want change. Furthermore, he represents that same hope to a lot of entire world. I think many foreign nations want to see America succeed; for in the ideal that is America, lies hope for them, that they will share in our glory. Indeed, we now see that if nothing else, they share our hardship whether they want to or not.
All that being said, what I want from Obama, is the TRUTH. I want him to begin his presidency with admitting the damn truth. That our current system is a failure. That things can not continue with things the way they are, that we will implode as a NATION, and as a Human Race. That if we continue to go on the way we are presently, we will destroy ourselves and it will be a terrible ending for this planet. We are all responsible, every single American that claims to be an American, is part of this damn mess. We need a leader to encourage a generation to sacrifice THEMSELVES for the good of this world, beginning here at home in the UNITED STATES. As Americans, we need to realize that a great leader is only as good as those that he leads. Somewhere along the line, Americans forgot about sacrifice, forgot about hard work and it's rewards, we forgot we are WE THE PEOPLE. It's not US & THEM. So many of us want to separate ourselves from our government; we want the government to serve us. We are all immigrants by descent; our families did not come here and ask for a handout. They built everything we are surrounded by, and they built it on HOPE. Hope for a better place for US, their descendants. They gave it to us, and we squandered it. It took years, but we have taken the gift of our forefathers, and we have slowly eroded into the very thing they were working so hard to avoid for us.
You tell Barack, we give him all the trust we give any man. Words mean nothing to us;so far, that is all we have to go on with Obama. IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE alright. But it ABSOLUTELY HAS TO START AT THE TOP. It has to start with HIM. WITH THE TRUTH. IF HE DOES THAT, I TRULY BELIEVE...THE REAL AMERICAN CITIZENS WILL FOLLOW. Anyone else, can go back to HELL.
All I can say...maybe the MAYANS were right...I believe we have 4 years to PROVE that we want to live.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
What he has to do to earn MY trust? A HELL of a lot!

* Ditch the idea of another stimulus plan. We don't need more spending! But since it's probably going to happen anyway ...
* Keep his promise about not allowing any earmarks in the stimulus plan
* Quit waffling, for one. He wanted to implement tax cuts which is exactly what you should be doing in a recession and the Senate Finance Committee pressured him into changing his mind
* If he creates jobs with this stimulus bill, see to it that they cannot be offshored
* Do not give bankers who have already received bailout money any more, especially if they are in dire straits again. Let them fail!
* Same goes with the Big 3, if they cannot return to profitability by March, let them go bankrupt like they should have this last time
* Ditch the idea of nationalizing healthcare and come up with another plan to fix the current system
* Remain steadfast on illegal immigration - no amnesty for illegal immigrants
* Veto the Fairness Doctrine if Congress tries to pass it again
* Obama has said he is against gay marriage but for civil unions, which I agree with; do not allow special interest groups to change his mind
* Do not go soft on the war on terror; if diplomacy fails, back it up with action and prepare to send troops in where necessary, especially Afghanistan
* Do not cut military spending
* Find a way to decrease the rising cost of college tuitions or offset those costs by making federal grants more easily available
* Build nuclear reactors in America - our power needs are high and new reactors will create jobs; nuclear energy is also clean energy as long as the sites are properly maintained
* Do not succumb to pressure from black special interest groups, IE Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Continue to live in a fantasy world where Democrats and Republicans are Yin and Yang when they are both really Yinyangs.

I agree with you, but I think you're making an assumption that anyone who supports Obama is a Democrat or supports Democrats. Not everyone plays that game, especially here on ATS. I'm being called a "shill for the Democrats "on this board (so is Southern), even though I've NEVER been a Democrat in my life, I FULLY support the 2nd Amendment and have many other views that come from the right. JUST because I support Obama it's ASSUMED that I'm a Democrat. It's stupid, really.

I don't think there's any real difference between Democrats and Republicans who are playing the politics game. The difference is that Obama isn't playing that game. He angers Democrats. They are "disappointed" that he's not playing their team's game. He's actually being inclusive. He's not just talking the talk, he's walking the walk. He's governing from the center and he's governing ALL Americans. This is pissing off many Democrats and pleasantly surprising Republicans who thought they'd be left in the cold for the next 4 years.

I think some are getting confused with some of the people who are against what is going on and so called "Obama haters."

Exactly. Just as some are confusing Obama supporters with staunch Democrats who hate Republicans or whatever. THAT'S the game. You don't have to play. I don't play. That's the VERY reason I don't play the 2-party game! Support for one person doesn't mean hatred for the other "team". Support doesn't necessarily come from "blind loyalty". That's just an insult.

I don't hate Obama. I hate that he will continue to go in the same direction Bush was going.

If he goes in the same direction Bush did, why would people support him? I will NOT! Do you really think people (besides yourself) are that blindly loyal to their party? I admit, some are, but the majority here on ATS are (or used to be) smarter and more aware than that.

It's not about political parties...at least not for me.

Well, can't you give other people the same credit for being able to figure that out, too? You have judged Southern as living in a fantasy world of partisan dreams... You might want to consider that there are other people on this board who have figured out that Washington DC politics and political parties are NOT the answer, but the problem. Just because someone supports Obama doesn't mean they're a Democrat shill or a partisan Democrat whose team won... Just think about it.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
for me to change my opinion of him he has to be assassinated, only then will i know that he truly was a good president

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
reply to post by The Bald Champion

welcome back MM
yes I am happy my candidate will be president... hopefully though fellow ATSers here wary of him can give me an answer as to what Obama has to do to gain trust and support from them...

I will be ok with him if he realizes that taxing the rich will just lead
to them raising prices to cover the increase and it will be the working
poor and middle class that get to foot the bill, not the rich.

I am Lower Middle Class.

I will be ok with Obama if he does not come out with Draconian gun laws.

I will be ok with Obama if he does not start a Youth Army to patrol
all the streets of the USA similar to the Nazi Youth and Red Guard,
that in his words is as heavily armed as our military.

Based on his prior actions and words he plans to do all these.

So my hopes are not high.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
for me to change my opinion of him he has to be assassinated, only then will i know that he truly was a good president

You just made the list, amazed you said something like this.

I may not like his planned policy, but I will at least give him a
chance at screwing it up.

Because Bush and crew sure did a fine job of screwing up the country.

I have a feeling your comment may have unmarked cars around
your house and you just went on a watch list.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I have said it once .. and Ill say it again.

Its all the Obama merchandise necessary?

The hats, Tshirts, underware, blankets, pillows, CDs/DVDs, coins, action figures, Plates, pictures, posters, and etc...

Its WAY over the top .. and where was the merchandise for all the other presidents?

This guy is being made a legend .. and he hasn't even done anything except make a bunch of empty promises. I thought you had to actually DO something >> BEFORE

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly
More than 150 million is being spent on his inauguration festivities... more than triple the amount spent by Bush and more than four times that spent by Clinton. Nevermind the biggest potential economic crisis in modern history, let's just celebrate like there's no tomorrow.

It seems that this whole "change" thing Obama has shoved down everyone's throat for all these months, is sure off to a rousing good start. Oh yeah... change indeed.

Strap yourselves in for the ride, folks.

"off to good start"??? it's the 19th of jan, bush is still president, and you're ready for obama to be impeached because he hasn't produced change.
no wonder nobody wants to listen to a republican anymore...i think every republican that voted for bush in 2004, should have to pay an extra 10% on their taxes just to fix what bush has screwed up.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This is real simple for me on what it would take to change my mind about Obama? Take the $Trillions$ of dollars that are given to the banks and other businesses the Government is bailing out and disperse it amongst the people that actually pay taxes and not to the ones that do not including the ones that recieve all their tax monies back they paid in. We know how to spend money, produce wanted products and services that people will buy.

We will buy those foreclosed houses, furniture, properties with the monies given to us and also buy new cars, take trips and etc. I figure we each will probably recieve ten million dollars a piece and millions of these tax payers will start their own business and we need to hire millions of those workers laid off.

The problem with this scenario is that our elected representatives would not be taking care of the banks and WE The Tax Paying People would no longer need the banks. LOL

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Hey Kudos to this guy! You hit that nail on the head! How about this for change - take care of America. Let our free market rebound, and not have the govt attempt to control it. The govt can't even control the southern border, much less dictate policy and bailouts to stimulate the world economy.

Obama must repect the constitution, stop the bailouts, and concentrate on America. So far it looks like more spend spend spend. That won't get us anywhere except broke.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
#1 Investigate 9/11

#2 End support to Israel

#3 End the War on drugs

#4 end the private federal reserve scheme, bring back Lincoln's greenbacks

#5 end PATRIOT ACT

#6 veto all previous executive orders, take America OUT OF A STATE OF EMERGENCY

He will need to do all of these things to convince me that we are in for any thing close to POSITIVE change

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join