It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will change your mind about Obama?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
There is evidently a large group of anti-Obamanians on this site, and ofcourse a minority in america overall, who have been very vocal of Obama even to the extent of accusing him of things he is yet to be accused of. The 2008 general elections definatly brought out the emotions like none seen before... both sides in all fairness, but following the elections emotions were high due to the loss of McCain and Palin for a large porition of the population.

So lets push aside the rumors we heard online or the fact we some of us may have deep dislike of the opposing candidates... for those anti-Obama members here, what does Obama have to do differently to gain your trust?

Please we dont need off topic comments like "if he left" or "if he admitted the rumors on the internet, his not american!".... or "ron pauls the only one, all others are bad"... considering Obama will serve at least one term.. what would he have to do to gain your trust and support?

What policies does he have to change? is the continued Iraq war of some importance to you interms of nationalism? Does he have to cater to the more religious christian folk of the nation? Im sure your dislike and distrust for the man goes beyond what the rightwing blogs say.. so how does he gain your trust?

For me if McCain were president..

-I would have liked to see a different tax cut policy from McCain, I do not agree with the trickle down effect... And I feel his tac cuts are a little extreme for the current economic situation... especially considering the wealthy would gain more benefits...

-I would have liked him to change his middle eastern foreign policy to the point when it caters equally and not just catering mostly to Israel and begins to focus on Iraq withdrawal instead of going on about the surge.

-Allow abortions in the case of rape and incest, I would have a little more trust of Palin in particular if she would have considered the non-religious factors to abortion...

-I would accept universal healthcare would never be even a consideration to a McCain administration but a health plan beyond "tax credits" that dont really do enough to assist with the poor health care in this nation. Something more on the lines of government subsidys on operations that are essential...

I have a longer list that im not going to go down but again what would bring more trust/support or understanding in the next four years from an Obama administration..?

[edit on 18-1-2009 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
CHANGE ---

Nothing needs changed or was changed

It's still the same control that WAS

Zombies WAKE UP

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
When that economic stimulus he wants gets passed and the checks are in the mail, if its a nice 5 grand or 10 grand check, I might have some "change" of heart in his "change we can believe in".

So far however, with everything else he has promised, just like all the rest, seems to be going down the same old pot hole filled road.

The ride is the same....bumpy and slow.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I would have liked obama much more if he was honest, and if he didn't play the "race" card.

obama had a white mother, he was basically raised by white people, in a middle class white neighborhood, he is basically white with black skin.

but he plays the race card, i am "black"

no your not obama, you are mixed, you only choose to say black because you want the blacks to vote for you.

u think obama would have been president had he been brought up in the ghetto?

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Gears Of War]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
More than 150 million is being spent on his inauguration festivities... more than triple the amount spent by Bush and more than four times that spent by Clinton. Nevermind the biggest potential economic crisis in modern history, let's just celebrate like there's no tomorrow.

It seems that this whole "change" thing Obama has shoved down everyone's throat for all these months, is sure off to a rousing good start. Oh yeah... change indeed.

Strap yourselves in for the ride, folks.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Gears Of War....

You have something personal against him, so do the majority of conservatives on this forum... nevertheless Im more on the lines refering to policies, to his committment to the next 4 years in office... my question was as to what he would have to do to change your mind about him, your support for him...

[edit on 18-1-2009 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
hmmm. good question. But I haven't liked any president since JFK, nor any presidential candidate since Ron Perot, so...

Abolish the IRS and institute the Fair Tax plan

Abolish the FED and put monetary policy back in the hands of the Treasury, like the Constitution demands.

Stop waffling - for example, I'm going to use the Federal presidential campaign fund - oh wait, no I'm not

another example, I will keep my inauguration free from special interest groups - oh wait, no I won't they are willing to donate too much money

That's only 2 so far, how many more can we look forward to?

Repeal the Patriot Act

Repeal and stop ALL Bailouts - force the defaults that a "free economy" demands. You screw up in business, you go under - that's the way it works.

AND Send all the criminally guilty in the financial mess to JAIL - prosecute them to the full extent of the law.

How's that for a start?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gears Of War
I would have liked obama much more if he was honest, and if he didn't play the "race" card.

obama had a white mother, he was basically raised by white people, in a middle class white neighborhood, he is basically white with black skin.

but he plays the race card, i am "black"

no your not obama, you are mixed, you only choose to say black because you want the blacks to vote for you.

u think obama would have been president had he been brought up in the ghetto?

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Gears Of War]

That's an incredibly wrong assumption of what that man is. Now i do like Obama, probably not for same reasons you all do but anyway....

He doesn't play the race card so much as the MEDIA played the race card and put that word in his mouth. He never said i'm talking to you as an AFRICAN AMERICAN for African Americans. And no, MIXED is not a race i'm sorry.

He's African American because that gene is more powerful then his Caucasian genes and it comes out more. Wheather or not he's got mixed parents just means that he was introduced to two very different cultures and embraced both.

And no he probably would not have been president cause the current government provides nothing for minorities in the US other than bigotry and seperation.

Ofcourse he was gonna get the black vote, he didn't need to play the race card, it's not like anybody thought he was white. And he can't choose to say he's black as i said...cause...he's pretty dark if you ask me, and white people well...i dunno i'm pretty light colored.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

Yo SG I used to be MM...

I'm am very glad Obama made it, if not to see the bigots and turtles squirm.

I think Obama is a proud man and I predict this will motivate him to prove the nay sayers
wrong.

Later SG you did the good work during the primaries

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Republicans, by large, agree that McCain wasn't the best pick for the party. Pretty much everyone, though, felt that America is definitely due a change.

THere are some Republicans (and Democrats) who are more concerned with their party name, say "Republican" in this case, than the issues and policies of any elected person, no matter who they are or what they stand for. Obama could be GOD and those republicans wouldn't support him simply because his party is Democrat. On the other hand, Obama could be SATAN and some Democrats would still support him.

Bottom line, It's unfortunate, but for some folks, there will be nothing you can do or say that will sway anti-Obama people to support him.

p.s. regarding one of your other comments: The 08 general election was less emotional for just about everyone than the 04 election was.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Well thats easy then..

Pull the troops out of iraq, restore the economy, stop the war mongering, do something about the healthcare and your education system.

If he doesn't fix that he is just like the rest of them...

Will he change all this ?

No

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly
More than 150 million is being spent on his inauguration festivities...

Money yet to be spent as many accuse him of....

It seems that this whole "change" thing Obama has shoved down everyone's throat for all these months, is sure off to a rousing good start. Oh yeah... change indeed.

Do you support candidates on just emotional and partisan feelings or does policy and committment fit into that support? I was refering to the policies and his handling as president for the next four years, what would you like to see him do..

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly
More than 150 million is being spent on his inauguration festivities... more than triple the amount spent by Bush and more than four times that spent by Clinton. Nevermind the biggest potential economic crisis in modern history, let's just celebrate like there's no tomorrow.

Did you ever stop to think that the amount of people in attendence and logistics costs
more? Hasn't happened yet BTW...

This is just the latest non issue FOX TP.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by The Bald Champion]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The Bald Champion

welcome back MM
yes I am happy my candidate will be president... hopefully though fellow ATSers here wary of him can give me an answer as to what Obama has to do to gain trust and support from them... I think this is a very important question and one hopefully president Obama is looking into....

I dont want this to be like the last 8years where one part of the population is left out of the cold... Hopefully the Obama administration is considering this... I think his meeting with conservatives and such a week or so ago was a good step....

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I think for me, i already like him. But for him to "impress" me, to make me believe he's an actual politician and not a puppet.

First he needs to close Gitmo, Abu Grave, and pull all combat troops out of Iraq.

Second he'd have to Abolish one of the major institutions in the US, either the FED or the IRS.

He can't do ANYTHING about the economy, i don't know why anybody thinks he can, the whole system is backwards. Can't get out of debt when you need debt to create the money and vice versa.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
reply to post by The Bald Champion

welcome back MM
yes I am happy my candidate will be president... hopefully though fellow ATSers here wary of him can give me an answer as to what Obama has to do to gain trust and support from them... I think this is a very important question and one hopefully president Obama is looking into....

I dont want this to be like the last 8years where one part of the population is left out of the cold... Hopefully the Obama administration is considering this... I think his meeting with conservatives and such a week or so ago was a good step....

Ya I honestly think we have elected a different sort of fellow this time around.
I think he understands that this country is not just a giant pile of liberal sinners...

Provided I have him pegged right, I think even the vilest of them will be surprised.
Its about time we elected a self made man...

ELITIST
that was my favorite part.

BTW SG, were you nervous the day running up to the election?

I was half sick worried that the killa from Wasilla would be VP. I was waiting for voting machine fun and the like.

Thank god for small miracles ...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

think his meeting with conservatives and such a week or so ago was a good step...

A good step to more wasteful spending increasing a debt that may not even be possible to pay back.

this excludes contingent liabilities such as social security, government pensions and Medicare. The economy is 2-3 times more debt-dependent - with at least $29 Trillion DEBT EXCESS - - compared to the 1950-1970s! $175,154 per man, woman and child - or $700,616 per family of 4!

US Debt is really 53 Trillion. Can you say Dollar Collapse then Massive Hyperinflation Coming?

80% ($42 trillion) of today’s debt was created since 1990.

www.prisonplanet.com...

Looks promising right? Hardly. He shows no indication of reducing this debt, only increasing it.

He's not the only one guilty, it's almost all of congress. Both parties are going to keep spending on the forefront, passing more and more "economic stimulus" bills. This is not change. Universal healthcare? NOT GONNA HAPPEN. It can't happen. We don't have the money. We don't have the money for any of this. We can't even afford Social Security... but we keep doing it, making the same mistakes, and people support it.

We are bankrupted and will forever be overly dependent on a system that does not work anymore, that is until that system is changed. We let the government take over to many facets of our lives.

I think some are getting confused with some of the people who are against what is going on and so called "Obama haters." I don't hate Obama. I hate that he will continue to go in the same direction Bush was going. It's not about political parties...at least not for me.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Bald Champion
Ya I honestly think we have elected a different sort of fellow this time around.

Yea indeed, I feel that as well.. but then again Im also going to be critical of him when its needed and I am going to hold half my chicken eggs towards the end of his term before I start celebrating the changes to america

I was half sick worried that the killa from Wasilla would be VP. I was waiting for voting machine fun and the like.

Thank god for small miracles ...

Indeed
miricles do happen
...but ofcourse to many of the conservative religious base this was the end... well the end of evangelical dominance...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian

Originally posted by The Bald Champion
...but ofcourse to many of the conservative religious base this was the end... well the end of evangelical dominance...

Thank god to that...

I to will be on his case if he messes up.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Oh come on now... the man hasnt even started his term as president yet and you folks are already accusing him of all sorts of stuff... swollow before you chew for petes sakes!

Originally posted by David9176
A good step to more wasteful spending increasing a debt that may not even be possible to pay back.

The man evidently made an attempt to reach out to conservatives last week and the week before, his meeting took guts I tell ya, himself surround by conservatives for one night, I mean its an effort and its after he won the election.

The man is yet to start his president, is yet to implement his policies... and here you are, already accusing him of causing the economy further harm. Why not look back to the last administration and where they went wrong, how the economy actually went down during that administration instead of speculating what this one will do.

Looks promising right? Hardly. He shows no indication of reducing this debt, only increasing it.

"indication"... wow... the man is yet to start implementing policies or by the least causing the things you accuse him of but because you speculate his going to do something, your accusing him of blue murder. I mean this crap has already occured under the last Bush administration, why yall sweeping that under the rug? Why not focus on those responsible now, instead of accusing those who are yet to do anything.

He's not the only one guilty

How can he be guilty of something he hasnt done yet?

I think some are getting confused with some of the people who are against what is going on and so called "Obama haters." I don't hate Obama. I hate that he will continue to go in the same direction Bush was going. It's not about political parties...at least not for me.

Now I think thats unfair... there are good politicians out there working hard to do something, you cannot label everybody in these two parties as some how involved... We should judge when they do something, not when we think they will. If you speculate, thats fine, but innocent until proven guilty.... now this man will be your president for the next 4years, I think its important you by the least share with us what you think he has to do differently to gain your trust and support.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join