It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear Analysis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Your not screwing up my thread your telling me the best way you think to deal with fear.

I see what your saying, but it is of my opinion, that one should not be empty. Even if it is to battle fears, being empty, might just be worse than indifference.

Though i am not sure, i have never experienced(or at least i think i haven't)being empty or indifferent.

Everyone is aloud to put fourth there opinion, even you.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

My last response, and then I'll let it go.

We were greatly outnumbered, though we had no idea by how many at the moment. One bunker had already shot eight guys, and the little SOBs inside were good.

The bunker had to be knocked out. I realized that just as the eight before me, I was going to get shot. No if's, and's, or but's. It was a foregone conclusion.

I had no hope of long-term survival. That day, I was definitely going to take a dirt nap.

I told myself that I was going to get shot, to brace for the impacts, but that regardless of what else happened to me, I was going to knock that bunker out.

I was empty. I had nothing.

The peace that came over me as I threw myself forward was empowering.

I did knock out the bunker, I was wounded, and we eventually fought ourselves out.

From that moment on, I realized that we tend to hold on too tight. To everything.

Our fears come from the possibility of losing something. Even our ability to grasp.

Empty, everything is a blessing, to be cherished for the moment.

Empty, you never, ever, put off something you can do for someone else, as you never expect a tomorrow. Your child wants to do something special, you never, ever put it off for a future, more convenient date.

Difficult to put in words.

Empty doesn't mean lack of emotions, especially those of a positive nature. It means a lack of the negative emotions, especially fear.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

That is all you had too say.

When you say empty, i automatically thought, of all emotions.

You meant, empty of all Negative emotions.

Very interesting story you have there, no wonder you went empty.

<< 1  2   >>

join