It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
The list includes new and extra federal money for:
• $79 billion for states to fund schools and other education programs.
• $18.5 billion for renewable energy and energy efficiency research, programs and improvements to buildings.
• $6 billion in federal money for mass transit systems improvements and expansions.
• $5 billion for public housing construction and improvements.
• $16 billion in extra college financial aid for needy and other students as well as higher student loan limits.
• $13 billion in new K-12 education spending for disadvantaged students.
• $1 billion to renovate and build new public health centers.
• $3 billion in construction grants for airports.
• $4 billion for governments and housing agencies to deal with foreclosed and abandoned homes.
• $1.2 billion for state and local summer jobs programs for youth.
• $1 billion extra for Head Start, preschools.
• $8.4 billion for various water grants related to drinking water.
• $4.5 billion for defense construction projects.
• $1.5 billion for worker retraining programs.
• $1.5 billion in extra federal money for services and shelters for the homeless.
• $3.8 billion to build new military and veterans hospitals.
• $300 million in grants for railroad improvements.
Originally posted by redhatty
I thought this was an "emergency stimulus package"