It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up to 10 year family food plans, bulk disaster food suppliers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This site has some amazing food plans, from single day up to 10 years for a family of four, at what seems to be quite good value and 20 year life span, more for sitting out the nukes in your bunker, or storing in your hidding places.

Most of the foods are dried, freeze dried and tinned but with a supply of water and simple cooking equipment there seems to be some real variety to save boredom on the pallet, and in a real disaster situation you eat what you can.

These guys are based in the USA but they do ship abroad.

SurvivalAcres (Survival foods)

For a 10 year food plan for a family of four it works out about $20,000 which I think is pretty good compared with the likes of military rations.

I hope this stockist helps some of you guys out in the US but I also want to find a supplier in the UK or at least in Europe to save on shipping for us across the pond if anyone can help.

There is probably cheaper suppliers too, or stockists of the main ingredients in bulk if anyone can help me find them.

Kind regards S_G

[edit on 18-1-2009 by xSMOKING_GUNx]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Stars and Flags for you! Great find...all of the other sites that I've found have been insanely expensive for a year or two supply...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
20k for 10 years seems like an amazing deal
starred

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

A flag my man! I have bookmarked this page. Since I live in the New Madrid fault zone, I may have to stock up. If I can survive the economy!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Glad I could help, it is getting to the point where we can no longer take support for granted anymore, we all need to start looking out for each other as well as ourselves.

Good luck S_G

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Another site I've been checking out for years ....

Emergency Essentials

Was comparing the two sites after finding this one but I'll let you all be the judges.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Starred and flagged xSMOKING_GUNx awesome link.

I checked the shipping FAQ for the link you provided and appears that they don't ship abroad as a rule.

If your in Canada, you can get your order shipped to a border town in the U.S. and pick it up there but they don't ship into Canada either. You of course need to pay G.S.T. and Duties as well when you pick up your order.

There may be importation issues to be explored.

I wonder if anyone knows of a similar company that provides products such as these in Canada ?

I recommend you study the site thoroughly including the FAQ and the "whats new" page so you know whats happening currently.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

You took the words right out of my mouth.... I was wondering if any companies in canada do this as well. ???

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Utopian Penguin

I checked the shipping FAQ for the link you provided and appears that they don't ship abroad as a rule.

If your in Canada, you can get your order shipped to a border town in the U.S. and pick it up there but they don't ship into Canada either. You of course need to pay G.S.T. and Duties as well when you pick up your order.

There may be importation issues to be explored.

I am sure that with a little effort on our part, a drop shipping company or export firm will take on shipment to anywhere globaly.

S_G

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

You took the words right out of my mouth.... I was wondering if any companies in canada do this as well. ???

Well I've looked around and really haven't found anything viable.
So I guess having to look to the States and places such as this seems to be the only solution so far.

Looks like an opportunity in Canada for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit to fill a void.

I've have much better luck looking into the heirloom seed situation.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Yes that might be the only solution to this dilema.
I found a good site for Canadians to set forth on such a task.

Starting an Import/Export Business in Canada

Of course the rules are different in other parts of the Globe.

Once I get a little more information together maybe we all can start a thread where we can pool information for such endeavors.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Thanks for this post. My wife and I have been looking into expanding our supply. We currently rotate a 1 year supply for the two of us, as well as our two dogs.

We also do canning as well, and I was interested if anyone here cans.

Star and flag. Thanks again.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Living on top of the New Madrid Fault, I am will aware of what can happen. In fact, depending on the severity of the quake, we may be without help for 3-6 months. I've talked to people at work about this, and some listne, repsond with "what can I do to take care of my family?" But most simply say "oh well! WTF can I do to chage things? If I die, I die. It's just my time."
I am sorry to say, but "Que serra, serra."
I refuse to roll over and play dead!
"

new topics

top topics

join