It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are so many people still asleep?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
People just don't want to accept the reality that this will take away their Starbucks, Abercrombie & Fitch, American Idol, leather couch, heated car, heated home, soft beds, warm blankets, shiny idiot box, and magic money cards. Also, they just believe what the media pukes up at them: that the gov't can't let this happen, that Obama will fix everything, that things aren't as bad as the crazy 'conspiracy theorists' claim they are. Lastly, they aren't willing to admit that they aren't prepared if such things actually happen.

People don't want to come outside of their comfort zone. As said in Network (1976): "Please, just leave me alone in my living room! Just let me have my toaster, TV, and steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone!"

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
people are so engrossed with their lives...t.v....work...family...I can understand someone who has values and no time...but most people are just lazy....

the fact is too...some people refuse to believe the truth and will only believe what they hear from the news or government....

i think now more and more people are waking up because they didint have a choice...some huge change has occurred like a job loss or home foreclosure...or worse...

its just like when you read the news...people die everyday but no-one really cares until someone they know is lost...

it could happen to you should be the motto of 2009

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I fault the cult of Positive Thinking.

You know, the Stephen Covey crap, the mind-over-matter programs, the idea that if you can think it, you can manifest it. Winners-win-at-all-costs-and-don't-even-consider-defeat.

There is a palpable sense of hostility toward anyone pointing out the obvious, that we're screwed three ways to Sunday. We want the good news, the feel good feeling, the Prozac filtered information network of happiness.

Some people seem to believe that if you speak about something going wrong, it will go wrong.

I can't tell you how many people have been telling me, "It has to get better." Well, it hasn't gotten better and it's not going to do so.

These are the people who believe nothing truly horrendous can really happen to them. It's the Charmed Life Syndrome.

They will starve to death believing someone, somewhere will save us all. Or at least them.

<< 1   >>

join