It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just when you thought PETA couldnt get any more stupid.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. And quite hypocritical. its basically a priest naming Jesus "Moses" because he thinks it sounds better.

"Sea kittens" is the new term being used by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, for the creatures they believe are in dire need of an image makeover: fish. "PETA thought that by renaming fish sea kittens, compassionate people who would never dream of hurting a dog or a cat might extend that sympathy to fish, or sea kittens," PETA campaign coordinator Ashley Byrne says.

www.npr.org...

but this one is better

www.petakillsanimals.com...

[edit on 18/1/09 by Ghost147]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

Unbelievable!!!!! What is up with these PETA freaks? I LOVE animals, but they are crazy!!!! Maybe these people have too much time on their hands!

:bnghd:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
After reading about this, I thought it was so funny and asinine that I shared this with everyone I work with for a good laugh.

PETA is a joke.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
PETA, ALF, ELF...all whack jobs IMO....yeah way to get people to recognize you terrorists

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I heard this on the Colbert Report and first thought it was a joke. Then I saw it was PETA, and knew it was real.

I, like most other people am against sticking make-up in bunny rabbits eyes and other cosmetic type tests. I do enjoy a bacon cheeseburger, and on Friday's I will eat fried catfish with my mother (she is an old school Catholic, but fish is good for one anyway).

PETA and the others should go to the animal shelters and try to find homes for all the adult dogs and cats in them. They are the ones who will be killed in the immediate future. If they can't, donate food and other items to ensure the shelters stay "no kill". More people would respect them and not think of PETA as a loony radical group.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
You know what. PETA you're right. "Sea Kittens" need to be protected. So I am going to make you a deal ok?

How about this......

I will stop hunting "Sea Kittens" when they stop hunting eachother ok?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
PETA is a joke, and I am not at all surprised to hear about there record of the treatment of animals.

I have never been able to take that group seriously because of the way they often act. I remember over the years hearing of cases of vandalism and assault at the hands of PETA all because they decided that certain people were "kind to animals"

I remember hearing of PETA throwing red pain (and I think blood in a fe cases) all over some people who were wearing fur coats.

Its disgusting really that they resort to such measure. Its also ironic because by all means people are in fact animals. We just happen to be the most intelligent, (that we know of).

Isnt it ironic? PETA throws a fit and breaks laws and treats people badly in an attempt to "help" animals and in the process they have been more of a threat to animals than than anything.

PETA is nothing more than a group of hypocrites with a criminal record

[edit on 19-1-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I just realized how ironic this is....

tomorrow for dinner I am cooking Sea Kitten!

wild

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Sea Kittens are delicious.

For every one Sea Kitten that PETA doesn't devour, I shall devour two.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
PETA has been getting strange ever since we started the PETA People Eating Tasty Animals joke.

they are the biggest joke out there.
there just to stupid to understand.

sea kittens
:w:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I am not much of a fish eater, but I do love catfish and the fish fillets sold at fast food joints. More catfish for me at the catfish fry!

As I have stated above, until PETA actually goes to animal shelters and starts adopting the unwanted adult dogs and cats, I will not pay attention to what they do.

They have now started to spray paint the stars of performers who have or still do wear fur.

Edited to add:

Furs, meat and fish come from a huge industry. Where do these people expect to make a living if we no longer consume those products? Cattle, hogs and chicken are big on the many farms out there. Will PETA pay all their bills and give them a salary if they cannot make a living? I don't think so.

[edit on 1/20/2009 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Sea kittens rock and must be saved.

I've stopped eating all "sea kittens" and have now moved on to "land fish".

Unfortunately, the whiskers keep getting stuck in my teeth.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I for one would be even more inclined to eat sea kitten as they sound harmless, defenseless and therefore delicious. On the other hand, I'm not so inclined to eat Fish, also known as Abe Vigoda since while he appears harmless and defenseless looks not at all delicious. Good job PETA. Here kitty, kitty, kitty...

Don't Eat Fish

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Sea kittens rock and must be saved.

I've stopped eating all "sea kittens" and have now moved on to "land fish".

Unfortunately, the whiskers keep getting stuck in my teeth.

lol. But what are catfish? Are they still kittens? or are they cats? or catseakittens?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I like sea kittens filetted with lemon, butter and fresh basil.
I eat em with hushpuppies.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Since catfish have whiskers, they must be kittenfish when they are young. I guess PETA will now target Long John Silver's and Red Lobster.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Mmmm..seakittens *drool*

On a serious(ish) note, PETA freak the hell out of me. Bunch of whackjobs. And you know, I mean that in an openminded, caring way. Yeeeeah.. The whole vegan thing I can understand, at a push, but trying to rename fish, to make them sound less edible? C'mon, shouldn't they be out throwing flour at someone wearing fur?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
PETA???

people eating tasty animals

phun edible toasted animals

anyways.

PETA lost its focus a long long time ago.

PETA is basically a religion now, you can follow what they preach and believe it if you want, but none of the reasons for what they do are real or honest.

I would support PETA if any only if their name actually was what they intended to do. They should NOT be pushing veganism, they should simply be pushing ethical treatment of animals, which means humane killings, less chemicals in their diets and better living arrangements before being put into my sandwich.

Actually the Japanese have proven that treating animals like kings during their lives actually makes them taste better.

Just you wait, in a little while PETA WILL be a religion, and they will have stories and other ridiculous things. What sucks is that they don't have a country, as they are all over the damn place, so when they start strapping animal safe C4 charges to their bodies to suicide bomb McDonalds or whatever, it will be very hard to stop them.

Please for the sake of the world, let's re-educate PETA before it is too late.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
you know, there was a thread here awhile ago, where they wanted to replace milk in ice cream with breast milk EWWWWWWWWWWWW PETA=WRONG

new topics

top topics

join