It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Secrets of the Dollar Bill" - History Channel International

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
There is a History Channel International show on right now that is trying to tie together conspiracy theory, freemasonry, and the founding fathers. The show is called, "Secrets of the Dollar Bill" (2008). The description in the channel selector is: "Numerology and messages hide in the currency; agency prints millions of dollars". Anyone ever watch this exact program? It is funny because the narrator, probably about every 2 minutes says, "According to Conspiracy Theorists,.....".

It cannot be this program here on amazon.com because that is 2007 edition. However, probably the same material is presented in both documentaries, just different narrators. Any take on the validity on these programs?

It is quite weird that this is becoming trivialized through movies and documentaries such as these that lump us "conspiracy theorists" into one category.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
If its the dollar bill show they usually do, they spend the first 45 minutes going into all the conspiracy theories and then debunk them in the last 15 minutes. Its a good show for truth seekers, NOT a good show for those who just want to believe.

The truth is the facts don't line up with what many conspiracy theorists would like to believe when it comes to the dollar bill, so if you are looking for something to confirm conspiracy theories on this and come to conclusions that conspiracy theorists would like then you won't enjoy it.

I don't think they've changed it from previous versions - they might add a new intro for example when National Treasure or the DaVinci code came out, but its pretty much the same old show.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Starred.
Ya know I have never seen a show on TV about this.
Pretty cool. I'm sure it does it's best to paint all the believers
into being whack-o's though. However sounds like it could be
interesting.

Conspiracy Theorists believe.... that it may be disinformation.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I did watch the show, sorry to say I wasn't real impressed. If you have done much research attempting to understand the symbols you may be disappointed because it is the same old stuff without any real solid factual info.

They still refer to the "eye" as the eye of providence which if you have studied at all you will know that there is so much more to the "eye"

Thanks for the heads up, though OP, for those who haven't delved too deep it is a starting point~

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

You are correct. They are trivializing everything right now like you said in the last 15 minutes.

The one Freemason that is representing "ALL" the mason's for the documentary is having a large hand in this last 15 minute debunking. The guy's argument on there just stated something along the lines of, 'There is no significance to the number 13 on the dollar bill being linking to evil because it was merely representing the first 13 states in the colonies.' Now, I do not know how it all ties together via conspiracy too much, but that is a rather weak argument since boundaries and what constitutes a state is decided by people in power at the time. If I can find his exact quote, I will post it as soon as possible.

Anyway, here is another version. www.amazon.com...

I guess they just make an updated version every year.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Well, um, actually it is quite obvious that 13 symbolizes the 13 colonies. The designers of the dollar bill actually wrote down why they put down most of the design.

Like I said, it presents the facts at the end - which many ATS users would not like.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

Right. I forgot to state that it is obvious. Like I said though, if 13 is really some symbolic number, then the people that were in power to create "states" and boundaries of this country, could have created 13 states just to satisfy that symbolic need. Make sense?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I did watch the show, sorry to say I wasn't real impressed. If you have done much research attempting to understand the symbols you may be disappointed because it is the same old stuff without any real solid factual info.

They still refer to the "eye" as the eye of providence which if you have studied at all you will know that there is so much more to the "eye"

Thanks for the heads up, though OP, for those who haven't delved too deep it is a starting point~

Exactly. they do a real good job of always leaving the person 'on the fence' about any conspiracy theory. Whether it is inherent in the theories themselves or always portrayed that way due to the show's agenda, we are still left only to speculate in the end.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I posted an article about the $1 Bill Conspiracy.

reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Yeah, I saw that one. It's entertaining, but there are many things wrong with it.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Right. I forgot to state that it is obvious. Like I said though, if 13 is really some symbolic number, then the people that were in power to create "states" and boundaries of this country, could have created 13 states just to satisfy that symbolic need. Make sense?

This is an important point that most people who try to debunk 'conspiracy theories' overlook.

If anyone wants to deny the fact that Freemasons have been behind the hidden symbolism embedded in our Nations history, they need to look at the street maps of Washington DC and realize the depth behind the Freemason influence.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The Secrets of the Dollar Bill

Posting video links - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ
* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

Please in future posts adhere to the Terms & Conditions Of Use

[edit on 1/2/2009 by Sauron]

new topics

top topics

join