It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Region on the side of the gulf Saint Laurent, as dangerous as coastal area?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Me and my buddy are looking foward to move off the grid for a while.The thing is, we wanna make sure that the place we'll choose will be safe enough for any kind of event.

I know that the main theme is to stay off the coast but we live in the laurentians up north of Montreal. and we are rather far from the coast but really close from the St-Laurent Gulf.

I've been looking at some ''future map of the worlds'' on google and a couple of them seems to show that there might be an enlarging of the gulf to go reach the great lakes.That would make sense cuz its made like a funnel and i'm afraid montreal and all the surrounding area would go bye bye if any kind of flood or catacysmic event would happen.So, how do i know if i'm far enough from the gulf?any professional geologist 'round here?

What do you think guys?How far do we need to go?

I don't post often so i can't upload any pics so heres a couples a link for you guy:

MAP OF QUEBEC :

www.canada-maps.org...

HYPOTHETICAL FUTURE MAPS OF THE WORLD THAT YOU'VE PROBABLY ALREADY SEEN:

www.earthchangesmedia.com...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Baltazar]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
very interesting thread.

My opinion is you probably wont have any thing to worry about. what you are talking about happening will more then likely take hundreds of years to happen maybe even thousands of years.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Shouldn't I be afraid of the first wave that might come from the saint-laurent?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well i live in southern New Brunswick, but i'm originally from the northern end of it facing the saint Laurent.

Now i can tell you, that if there ever was any sort of large ocean wave that come from the St-Laurent to destroy everything in it's path, most of quebec won't be inhabitable.

What you want to do is go to the prairies....its flat, boring, but also 1000 meters above sea level, just perfect.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Yeah but most of the people in quebec lives near the gulf so if there was any kind of big wave they'd still be afflicted.

So i still don't have any answer for my question..

maybe i should move this to the 2012 forum?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
maybe you should
2012 et les cranes de crystal

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The maps are too small to make out detail or tell who made them so I can't give them any credence. What you need to do is research tsunamis and Canada and see what sort of threats exist. I know that there is that volcano down off Africa that could blow and half the island sink into the sea causing a large tsunami for the Atlantic. The effects of this potential tsunami would differ greatly depending on where you live and what the sea floor is like off of your coast.
I think where you are is a pretty good place if you can survive the winters in comfort. It would take a hell of an event to create a wave of 3000 feet washing over Montreal etc. More than likely any tsunamis would be around the size of the 2004 one.
If you are worried about the future and Earth changes then I recommend you dive into research on science based websites like the USGS etc. If you distrust science and reason then you will have to find comfort in some sort of fantasy.

new topics

top topics

join