It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Real? Chupacabras

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Recently I went to a flea market and this old man claimed that he has a dead corpse of El Chupacabras AKA "Goat Sucker". The man said that he obtained the entity in Meixco off a rancher he did buisness with. The rancher said that their are more than a dozen of these chupacabras roaming his ranch every night trying to prey on his livestock. The rancher one night driving around his premises saw 3 chupacabras standing right next to the dirt road. Riding on his truck he stepped on the accelerator hard and ran over all three chupacabras and stepped out of his truck and only killed one of the chupacabras. He took the dead corpse home and later the old guy at the flea market bought the dead corpse from the rancher. I didn't ask the old man how much he paid for the dead corpse. Well that the story he told me and I was very curious to see it soo he let me look at the dead body and I told him if I could take a picture if I gave him a Dollar and he told me it was fine. I pulled my iPhone out and took multiple pics without him knowing. I just wanted to post this tread and pictures to see what you think of it.

[Mod edit all cap in title]

[edit on 18/1/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
[edit on 18-1-2009 by Nightchild]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
this is really reminiscent of the dudes that found a dead bigfoot last year.
I'm willing to bet on the same outcome as well.
But for the time being, at least you got some decent pics, I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what happens.

Where was this flea market?
did you get a hair sample?
why is the body not more decomposed?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Now I am certain I don't want an iphone.
These pics suck. May I suggest a basic
class on photography so that you may
learn about the subject and centering.

I mean, you get the chance to photograph
a legendary mythical creature and this is
what you take.

I smell hoax.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
liquidsmoke206,

The Flea market was in Grand Prairie, TX. Traders Village

The old man did not let me touch it it was in a 10 gallon tank with a glass lid covering the corpse

I have no clue how he had the body so intact with out decomposition

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
well darn i don't see myself in texas anytime soon.
Any chance you can go back for a second look? Maybe get some better pics or video?
And just what does this old man plan on doing with it?
What did the 2 of you discuss?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hey I tried my best to get the pictures their was alot of glare and I didnt have my photo camera on me, just my iPhone here are more pics

i656.photobucket.com...

i656.photobucket.com...

i656.photobucket.com...

[edit on 18-1-2009 by PELIGROSOVATO]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I bet this is where it came from. Who wants to take my bet?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Was the creature somehow dismembered or anything? I am trying to understand exactly how it actually looks, but do not fully do so, I'm afraid.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The old man was very protective of the corpse and didn't want to mention his name or what exact location he got it from. It could be a hoax but I don't know I'm planning to go next week and see if I can find him and pluck some hair when his not looking

[edit on 18-1-2009 by PELIGROSOVATO]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I bet this is where it came from. Who wants to take my bet?

ding ding ding ding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PELIGROSOVATO, you need to get your dollar back.
Do flea markets refund?!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I guess I will never see that George Washington again

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Here are the exact GPS coordinates in Google maps where the pic was taken, another reason not to buy an iphone

+32° 41' 52.80", -97° 3' 12.60"

[edit on 18-1-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Wouldn't you think if he thought this were real he would go to the media or try to pawn it off on some university for research or at least try to get some fame/money out of it?

It just seems a bit fishy that he would be peddling something the corpse of a "rare" creature at a flea market in texas, just a thought. I would tend to agree with most people that it looks rather fake, the teeth look pretty plastic etc. However, without better pics it is rather hard to tell.

BTW first post, long time reader thought I would join up for the full experience.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
my bet is that the so-called chupachabres is a mexican hairless dog. check out the vids of the mexican hairless in "dogd that changed the world", a segment of the Nature series produced by PBS. When i watched this documentary about dogs, I noticed the remarkable similarity between the mexican hairless dogs and some so-called dead chupacabres found dead along a road in south texas.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Num1Skeptic

May I officially welcome thee, then, haha! Nice to see you here and nice profile pic - Hulk-orientated was it?!

Anyways, in regards to the photo's, OP, no offence but I do think you were fleeced too. Even though the pictures didn't come out great, it does look pretty plastic-type model.

groingrinder (
at the name, nice one!), maybe it is from that website - however upon looking at it, it made me realise I want a shrunken head! Either one from either Harry Potter or Pirates of the Caribbean (Jack Sparrows mam), will be fine by me

PS - OP, I do hope you get better pictures next time you go, got my fingers crossed for something real good!

[edit on 21-1-2009 by emmy]

top topics

join