It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Either we are living in a simulated reality, or the universe is the inside of a living being

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Or there is the other scenario. The one that gives you a complete sense of being very very lonely. That everything just by coincidence is "Just right" for life on this here planet. There is no other life out there and there is nothing after death. Just us, Planet earth and what we see in the sky.

I personally believe there to be something else even if it does make me feel like a tamogotchi pet!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If we live in a simulated reality:

I for one, am actually somewhat saddened when my characters in The Sims and games of that sort die.

I spent all that time trying to make them happy, watching them raise their fake families, seeing them cook their low-resolution meals, watching their disputes with other simulated beings, and then poof, they're gone.

I would think that if aliens understood entertainment and we were only alive for their pleasure, they would have many other "human" emotions and would have created an afterlife for us. After all, we may be cognitively inferior to them, but we still live complex lives and the pain and joy we feel is very real.

As for living inside of a giant organism, that I don't believe. There's not enough evidence to support that IMHO.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Son Of Liberty

Quote from Maxis employee (paraphrased): "I like to give my Sims names like Hitler and Stalin, then torture them and watch what they do."

Made me shiver.

<< 1   >>

join