It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

obama says "my muslim faith"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I agree, I still don't understand why it matters what faith he is.
We've had Catholics and Protestants and Lutherans or whatever different Christian groups there are and nobody said "boo."
Just replace Allah with God and Muhammad with Jesus and you'll be fine.

Couldnt have said it better!! Star 4 U.

2nd line

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-
I could be mistaken but, didn't he want to be sworn in on the Koran when he ran for Senator?

Definitely need a source for that, not saying you're a liar or anything, it just sounds like the type of rumor spread to discredit him. I feel like that would have been a big issue were it true.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja

With all due respect, it's part of the muslim faith to literally take over the world, so I reckon it kind of does matter.

Perhaps to the radical Muslim, but lets be completley truthful about this, not all Muslims are out to take over the world.

People aren't just concerned about what's going to happen to their money when they're voting a president, if they were they'd probably elect accountants.

With the way the economy is..due to past selections of who gets to muck it all up for us out here, perhaps we should elect accountants.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merkabah
Have seen this many times, i dont trust the guy, i think.....
Its hard not to be lured in by him, he is very charasmatic. BUT more and more things keep coming to the surface, also he gets a thumbs down from me because of his lack of comments and compassion towards the situation in Gaza.

So what if he is Muslim or christian or jewish or what. He has every right to practice whatever religion he believes.

The way you say you dont trust him comes across as you not trusting him just because he could be muslim. Im not saying thats how you feel, but that is how it comes across.

So that said, lets assume he IS muslim, what is it about him that you do not trust? Is it infact that you dont trust him because of his religion? If he were jewish would that be okay? What about Budhist? Can the president only be christian? Are you unable to see past religion?

Or is there something else? Perhaps its his policies? But he hasnt been in office yet. Every politician who has ran has made campaign promises that they never intended to keep, so why should Obama be any different? Is it some how less okay for Obama to do it than others in the past? If so why?

As for his not saying much about the gaza situation... well he has said that "he is concerned about the violence in Gaza, but also is wary of sending conflicting messages about American foreign policy."

In other words he is waiting untill he is actually the presidnet before he takes over as president. Are you really expecting him to take over before he is allowed? Why jump the gun? Bush is still the president untill After Obama swears in on the 21st. He will be more than happy to get involved then.... Is it okay that he waits to do hsi job untill he is allowed to do his job?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Source:

www.politifact.com...

The e-mail makes a number of specious claims to promote its Manchurian Candidate-style conspiracy theory. It says Obama was raised Muslim and that as a boy he attended a radical Wahabi school in Indonesia. The most recent twist on the e-mail falsely alleges that Obama took his oath of office for the U.S. Senate by swearing on a Koran, the Islamic holy book. The facts, though, are that Obama is a Christian and took the oath of office on a Bible.

Well there you have it. Obama denied it, or someone denied it on his behalf. Now I'm getting deja vu about him when he "misspoke" and said that he wanted half the cut for the price of his senate seat.

Remember folks, if there's a rumour about you, just say you didn't do it, and everyone who likes you will automatically believe it.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

Pft, you need to source that.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

That's part of the Christian faith too.

Ever heard of missionaries? How do you think so many people in all of these different countries began believing in Christianity?

No, God didn't come speak to them and have them convert, Christians did.

I think you're missing the point. The American Christians don't care about the crappy things that Christianity has done.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Obama grew up the son of an atheist, spent two formative years in a predominantly Muslim school, worked out of an office in a Catholic rectory, accepted Jesus at a traditionally black church and married the cousin of a Chicago area rabbi. His personal journey to faith is a modern amalgamation that friends expect to be reflected not just at his inauguration but in his governing: Obama will reach out to a diverse set of leaders and try to join them in unconventional ways, unconcerned about their theological and political differences.

I just read that and thought of this. Seems to me like he's got all bases covered right there. Of course he's a "Christian", he's trying to lead a predominantly Christian country!

The part about joining the diverse leaders in unconventional ways sounds disturbing. World religion anyone, maybe?

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This is an old rumor; you're just reviving it to try once last time to smear Obama before the inauguration. I see there are a number of trolls on this thread, and wonder what I'm doing in such company. But here goes:

If Obama is a Muslim (I don't think he is, but don't care) then he has not allowed that to influence his position on the Israel-Hamas conflict. Although he hasn't said much, he hasn't condemned Israel's actions either. If his religious persuasion does not influence his decision making then who cares?

You've mentioned yourself that Obama has dissociated himself from his (Christian) pastor of twenty years, thereby admitting that he had been attending a Christian church for that length of time. I'd also like to add that he was married and had his children baptized in that same church. That looks to me like he's accepted Christianity.

Calling Obama a Muslim rouses all sorts of primal fears . Like the minute he's sworn in he's suddenly going to declare holy jihad on his own country and begin wreaking havoc on his native land?

Naaah. I can't see it.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This was posted in September.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I could be mistaken but, didn't he want to be sworn in on the Koran when he ran for Senator?

You are "mistaken". A simple Google search would have cleared it up.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wise words spoken

I know it was a slip up... but.. I think it probably means this..

Obama probably recently was ridiculed for having a Muslim past, and it was probably on his mind and in the news before the interview, it was probably one thing he was unconciously thinking about and it slipped out like this...

Either that or.. he has no real faith at all, if he mistakes what his own faith is, then he probably doen't hold strong to muslims or christians, as most politicians do, they aren't exactly religious or spiritual, they will claim a religion for political purposes.

These things don't make him a bad person, they just make him a politician, I still think he's a good guy, we should give him the benefit of the doubt, I bet he will be a better president than Bush, and to say 911 was easier than this financial crisis would be tough.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

No I meant about the whole half of the money for his seat thing.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

That's part of the Christian faith too.

Ever heard of missionaries? How do you think so many people in all of these different countries began believing in Christianity?

No, God didn't come speak to them and have them convert, Christians did.

What you really mean is God didn't speak to you, but Christians did. How do you know who God speaks to or doesn't? Jesus said "My Sheep hear my voice" Did you hear?

BTW, if Barak Obama went to school in a muslim country he said the Shahada. That would technically make him a Muslim. Plain and simple... So what! He was a coerced kid.

If he later became a Christian, many Muslims would believe he is worthy of death. Real Muslims would know that the relevant passage in the Quran doesn't apply to him.

What you don't realize, is there are advantages to being exposed to different religions and cultures from the inside. Did B.O. really learn lessons that will make a better president? Time will tell..

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

With all due respect, it's part of the muslim faith to literally take over the world, so I reckon it kind of does matter.

this here is a Introduction to the muslim faith the 'how to be a muslim' my beliefs is that usa/israel want to take over the world but you are correct in a sence

www.geocities.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

You are "mistaken". A simple Google search would have cleared it up.

newsence is correct!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by UMayBRite!

No, what you don't realize is that I don't care what religions he may or may not have been exposed to. He is employed by a secular government and he lives in a country that allows someone to practice religions freely.

Personally, I would prefer my president to either be mildly religious, a theist, an agnostic, or an atheist. Anything that isn't too organized.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Nah I was paraphrasing, I thought that was obvious.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I don't believe that the president of the United States should be of muslim faith and living in the White House of Americia. Just seems very, very wrong to me.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Obama sworn in on his Bible

Pants on Fire!
An anonymous e-mail says Barack Obama took the oath of office for the U.S. Senate on a Koran, the holy book of Islam. We thought it would be odd if that were true, since Obama is a Christian. In fact, it is wrong.

The e-mail also spells the book's name "Kuran," though usually it is spelled Koran or Quran.

Two press reports from Obama's swearing-in ceremony in January 2005 mention specifically that Obama took the oath of office by placing his hand on his own copy of the Bible. The Barack Obama campaign also confirmed that it was a Bible and that the book belonged to Obama. Vice President Dick Cheney, in his role as president of the Senate, administered the oath.

After being raised outside of any particular faith tradition, Obama became a Christian in his mid 20s and is a member of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago. (Obama gave what are arguably his most extended remarks on his faith at the "Call to Renewal" religious conference in 2006; read the speech here.)

We suspect this false claim was inspired by the 2007 swearing-in of Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn., an American convert to Islam and the first Muslim elected to Congress. Ellison used a Koran that once belonged to Thomas Jefferson, borrowing the rare book from the Library of Congress.

It goes without saying that Ellison is not Obama. And with its intent to inflame, we find the e-mail's allegation not only false, but Pants-on-Fire wrong.

www.politifact.com...

[edit on 1/18/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
He's all over the place - in lots of ways.
Let's just hope - he's honest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join