It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're living in an Orwellian future.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Governments around the world can do anything they want to and justify their actions by making excuses and blaming their actions on another group. The press can lie to the public and the public will believe it. People have bought into much of the state propaganda that is in the MSM. We're in a few wars which seem to be endless and too broadly defined. Our freedoms have been taken away in the name of security.

People are taught facts based on ideology, not, on being objective. They are taught to hate the other side. When people grow up they learn that the left ideology is the best or the right ideology is the best... they learn from their parents that people on the other side must always disagree with them and are ruining the country. This is kind of like thought crime! You have a dissenting view from your political party and then you're told that what you think isn't true and that it's better from what the other side thinks.

Obama could potentially betray us like the pigs did in Animal Farm when they betrayed the animals after the revolution... the book was about how the Soviet Union leaders betrayed the revolution. Obama could very well betray the left. People need to get out of party politics before it's too late... they are entering the age of an Orwellian future. People are saying that their side is right and that Obama can't be wrong or that Republicans can't be wrong and they are denying facts that are contrary to their ideology.

There is this sense that people feel like the government can take away certain rights away from them in the name of security.

This society is also becoming like the one that Aldeus Huxley predicted. About 75% of society is taking some sort of drug...

People like in Aldeus Huxley's society are segregated amongst their class... they're divided really.

And back to 1984... security cameras are everywhere. Airport security is really tight. You can't deviate from the norm or you are laughed at from your peers. You can't rebel against society or they'll get you!

The NSA can track every one of your phone calls and emails. You aren't safe...

We're living in more of an Orwellian universe than we could have ever imagined we'd live in.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yuppers, Orwell's take on things is eerily familiar to what is going on today. The fun part is trying to make everybody realize that.

As long as people keep thinking that big government taking care of all your needs is that way to go, we will always have these problems.

A wolf in sheep's cloathing.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I realized when I looked ahead to the things they're doing now, and planning for the near future, that much of what we call the orwellian future is already in place. But since we were born after these changes were implemented, we dont question it, and that is going to be the way for every generation.

If you want to see what I mean, imagine how people felt when passports were needed to travel to other countries. And school education became compulsory by law. There are far too many rules preventing people from making their own choices in life. The rules they're making now are just further crippling us and forcing us to act exactly how they want.

There will never be a point where big brother will sit back and decide it has done enough, if you think we're all a bunch of crazy doom mongers then just think about that. The changes they are making will never stop, this means that they can only take it further and further. You will find out where your own personal line in the sand will be, when you decide enough is enough.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
I realized when I looked ahead to the things they're doing now, and planning for the near future, that much of what we call the orwellian future is already in place. But since we were born after these changes were implemented, we dont question it, and that is going to be the way for every generation.

If you want to see what I mean, imagine how people felt when passports were needed to travel to other countries. And school education became compulsory by law. There are far too many rules preventing people from making their own choices in life. The rules they're making now are just further crippling us and forcing us to act exactly how they want.

There will never be a point where big brother will sit back and decide it has done enough, if you think we're all a bunch of crazy doom mongers then just think about that. The changes they are making will never stop, this means that they can only take it further and further. You will find out where your own personal line in the sand will be, when you decide enough is enough.

Your correct in your assumption that they will always want more than what they've taken from us already. But we need to wake up and realize what they're doing and flat out refuse.

There are more of us then of them, i bet you any money that if NA came under a state of marshall law or civil revolution, there would not be a country in the world who would not support the cause, hell even the American army would tell the government to shove it.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I agree. I'm a UK citizen, and from my view of the world I was pretty happy about the gun reform which is happening in America. But it soon became obvious that the gun reform was a lie, and it was just because the govt is scared about an uprising against it, it has nothing to do with rising gun crime or any of that rubbish.

I really hope that America will vote with it's feet to keep the second amendment exactly how it is. If America is truly democratic and wants to reform what it considers to be an antiquated document, then let the people vote on that decision.

If you guys give up your guns, and just live your lives at the end of cattleprods and tasers, then my country will soon follow. It's up to you guys to stop all this crap before it gets untolerable, the NWO throws a stone in the American pond and the ripples spread to the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The problem is this...

50 years ago it took a computer the size of a football field to do what a lap top does today. You don't want some guy in 50 years building a WMD or a black hole CERN in his basement by going to radio shack. So something needs to happen to monitor humans. So chipping the populations brains and having one quantum computer monitor 10000 people waiting for triggers. Then watch. We can wait till some guy builds a cern or wmd and let the world end or be monitored. There is two ways monitoring can happen. Out in the open or behind the scenes. Its going to happen regardless if we like it or not. Will it be done behind the scenes? Behind the scenes there will be lots of abuse. Or would you like it out in the open it can be regulated. There needs to be a new constitution for the UN written up and a one world republic. With a UN army that follows the constitution and the democratic republic. In the next 30 years computer and internet will be cheep and every one will vote on every thing and our leaders will use the un constitution (That can not be changed) to give us the outcomes of our votes.
Here is one of the ways it could be behind the scenes done. crnano.typepad.com... With it spreading like the flu. Are aliens already using this on us?
If we dont give up our privacy we will all die. If we lose our privacy and its not done right we will be controlled by tyrants.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Azen thorhammer]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Nope, we are not living in an Orwellian future.

We are living in an Orwellian present.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm scared. Who's going to save us?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azen thorhammer

Originally posted by badgerprints
Nope, we are not living in an Orwellian future.

We are living in an Orwellian present.
I'm scared. Whos going to save us?

No one! We are our own worst enemy. We have traded security for freedom and have neither.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It deserved its own thread. Started my own thread.
I cant delete this so will the moderators please delete these. I had to start its own topic on it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Started my own thread on it.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Azen thorhammer

Azen, You forgot the most important one.

d) We chip all the politicians and bureaucrats and Monitor Them, so we can leave the little guys alone.

Oh and add in the Board of Directors and CEOs of large corporations.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Obama could potentially betray us like the pigs did in Animal Farm when they betrayed the animals after the revolution... the book was about how the Soviet Union leaders betrayed the revolution. Obama could very well betray the left. People need to get out of party politics before it's too late... they are entering the age of an Orwellian future. People are saying that their side is right and that Obama can't be wrong or that Republicans can't be wrong and they are denying facts that are contrary to their ideology.

The democrats have already betrayed us.

Hear is the story.
Robert Shapiro, chairman of Monsanto, was lead advisor for Clinton's Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations when WTO was ratified. Cargill's VP Dan Amstuz wrote the WTO agreement on Ag. and the "Freedom to Fail Act" that did away with grain reserves. As a direct result of the WTO Agreement on Ag The USDA and FDA changed the food regs to the international HACCP regs. This allows corporations control of food inspection testing. Government inspectors have only checked paperwork since 1996.

There have been at least two Congressional Investigations into tainted food, the union leader for the food inspectors point blank accused the USDA management of knowingly allowing big corporations to break the rules. Instead of the USDA Sec of Ag being jailed, the Union leader was marginalized. This spring democrats had several already written "Food Safety" bills ready to propose. Real grassroots shot down HR 875 but we were horrified to find Food & Water Watch and Organic Consumers solidly behind the bills. La Vida Locavore was very aggressive in support of the bill. Maude Barlow is Director with the International Forum on Globalization, she is also director of Food & Water Watch and Organic Consumers. She was just appointed as head advisor to the UN. La Vida Locavore is tied to the UN Agenda 21. Greenpeace, Sierra Club, Waterkeeper Alliance and several other "environmental groups" get a large chunk of change from the Rockefeller foundations. (standard oil)

Why do I mention this? Because the Food Safety laws are designed to wipe out our ability to grow our own food. Kissinger stated "Control the food control the people"

Al Gore even stated "there will be no more farming in the USA " over ten years ago. he also said “... it is the awareness itself that will drive the change and one of the ways it will drive the change is through global governance and global agreements.”

And who owns Monsanto, often called the most evil Corporation on earth? 85% of Monsanto is held by mutual funds and Institutional(financial) Holders. Divisions of Fidelity hold total shares: 39,127,443 or 7.15% The founding Johnson family controls most of Fidelity Edward C Johnson 3rd is chairman of the group. In other words Monsanto is controlled (vote the shares) by the Financiers using our money.

I think Obama and the democrats ate spending money like drunken sailors to bring about the bankrupting of the USA. Once bankrupt we will come under the control of the World Bank/IMF and there goes what is left of our Constitution and all our social programs.

new topics

top topics

join