It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wrestler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Anyone seen it? what did you think of it?

I saw it earlier this afternoon, and I thought it was really good, really enjoyed the movie, don't look for anything too deep though.

it's quite funny too in parts, which I didn't expect

but defo worth spending £6 on to see

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I saw it yesterday. I thought it was great. Mickey Rourke was brilliant as was Marisa Tomei and Rachel Wood. A slice of life that normally I wouldn't be interested in but this was a wonderful acting workshop for any aspiring actors.

The GF and I spent $14 and I have spent much more on comic book BS.

This film is priceless.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
your 100% correct mate, its a really really good movie, the more I ponder over it, the more I like it.

And for the guys out there, what a body Marisa Tomei has for a 44 year old woman :O
, worth the ticket price alone

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the review. I have been on the fence with this one but will definitely go check it out.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I haven’t seen it yet but have no doubt that it’s a good movie. I’ve been a fan of Darren Aronofsky since Pi. He makes quality movies; Requiem for a Dream was so dark and unsettling, plus Ellen Burstyn’s performance was deep and genuine.

The Fountain was great as well but it was panned by critics because it was a bit disjointed. Aronofsky admits that he wished he could recut the film so I look forward to seeing that if indeed he does.

I’m a but surprised that he signed on to remake Robocop, really.. what can you really do with that film? I’m not really sure why you would want to remake a subpar comic style film like that.

join