It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza Paramedics = Incredible Heroes

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
After spending several days captivated by the Gaza webcam experience I would like to honor the ambulance drivers and paramedics.

How incredible is it to jump in a vehicle and drive straight into carnage and war with the hope of saving a human?

As I watched the cam I couldn't believe how courageous and brave those ambulance teams were. Every single time a bomb went off they rushed straight to the scene no matter what time.

They put their lives at incredible risk to save others.

The Gaza ambulance teams deserve the highest form of medal and our full respect.

They exhibit incredible human quality in a time of complete chaos.

Peace, worm

[edit - oops sorry wrong forum, mods please move - DOH!]

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Wormwood Squirm]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Yep hands upto to those people, they went through #, and helped others. What do they say, save one person and you save the world. Fair play to them, not sure many in the west sitting on there arse watching tv could do that.

I often thin that there really are niot that many christians in the world, but some of those people shown qualities that any christian would be proud. They only had themsleves in gaza and they came through together. This is a rough world, and probably will never be a decent place to live for most people on earth.

But that was the only positive thing in all this garbage that people have to go through, is that some shine a light for others.

Nice idea for a thread. Well done.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Many of them had to run on foot for more than a mile and then carry the victim back for a mile to their ambulance, for areas that were blocked off for ambulances.

These people are true heroes.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
True heros displaying astonishing bravery ... It sort of humbles you a bit doesn't it ...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I really don't know what to say,

this forum is going towards pointlessness.

Incredible paramedics?
Damn Zionists?

Heck I never seen ATS act this nice towards China and Russia.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Yes it is very humbling, the horrors they must have seen and endured is beyond what we could fathom. Although im sure they will get no praise, no recognition, so this thread is a really nice idea. I cant imagine how frustrating it must have been watching people die because they were not even allowed the most basic of care.
I dont care what anyone says, Israel (government) is evil, the IDF is barbaric, doesnt matter how many facts you throw about, this was a crime against humanity, against people, children and innocent lives.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I often thin that there really are niot that many christians in the world, but some of those people shown qualities that any christian would be proud.

Not trying to derail the thread or anything, but this just caught my eye and I have to ask what you mean by that?

What's religion even got to do with it? Are you saying that it's somehow extraordinary that these people are doing good deeds even though they're not Christians? That kind of implies that only Christians do good things...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
STAR AND FLAG FOR THIS THREAD!

If you want to be a hero too you can send them some money.

Take part in producing a positive change:

This charity seem to be doing a great job for funding supplies, medicine and supporting on-site personnel (medics).

www.islamic-relief.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I didn't feel the need to post anything when i flagged this thread but now i want to point out something.

The tv was showing some of those paramedics there and it kinda stunned me seeing them so shocked.I mean,if you're seeing paramedics "losing it" it shows the horrors they're seeing there...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I never thought much about them.....

This is an amazing thread, one that stops focusing on the negativity, or choosing sides. But reminds us that there are good human beings, doing all they can saving lives in this "chaos"

True heroes.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

On one side are the badly wounded, desperate to get out to medical attention; on the other are the bodybags of those who failed to make it waiting to be sent back in for burial. The no man's land of Rafah's border crossing, strewn with barbed wire and reverberating with nearby bomb blasts, is a grim patch between the Gazan and Egyptian borders.

But for Dr Nadal bin-Afifi, though, it was the most reassuring thing he had seen all day. For the second time this week Afifi had made the perilous journey from his home in Gaza City down to the territory's southern limits to ferry the injured across into Egypt. "My colleague was killed by an Israeli bomb while making the same trip three days ago," he said as volunteers rushed to unload his human cargo. "I can't find the courage to tell my wife I'm doing this."

Afifi's ambulance was the ninth to have made it across into Egypt yesterday by late afternoon; six more were expected before sundown. At least two doctors and two ambulance drivers have reportedly been killed in the past week.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Just as war brings out the darkness and evil inherent in humanity, it also highlights nobility, courage and love.

I take some small comfort in this.

[edit on 1/20/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Absolutely right.

Those people deserve medals and I hope that the UN recognizes their efforts publicly.

We see war zones all the time, and those who stay and save lives are always deserving of commendation. But in this case, in such close quarters and with such ferocity pounding down from Israel they did a truly remarkable job.

It is people with that kind of Humanity that remind me all isn't lost.

While Israeli leaders are no doubt patting each other on the back for managing to kill so many innocent people, and Hamas are congratulating themselves on Israel departing having only destroyed their nation and not their leadership, these paramedic heroes remain as a reminder that evil has an enemy.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
9/jan/06/rafah-border-crossing-ambulances-doctors[/url]

Just as war brings out the darkness and evil inherent in humanity, it also highlights nobility, courage and love.

I take some small comfort in this.

Yes me too, I always look for a balance in this beautiful world, it keeps me sane.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
To those who were actual paramedics and rescue workers

To those that used the ambulances as cover for terrorists

Hamas has a history of using ambulances to carry terrorists and weapons. Hamas has put real heroes in danger by using this practice.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

in the past

palestinian misuse of medical services to further terrorist activities

Explosives hidden inside Red Cresent ambulance

UN Ambulance being used by palestinians as terror troop transport

Palestinian terrorists use UN ambulance

[edit on 1/21/2009 by FlyersFan]

top topics

join