It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela's Chavez says Obama Has 'Stench' of Bush

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I agree, anybody that has seen the erosion of our political system can see what the whole point be made here is all about.

This no about political parties or who is Dem or Rep, red or blue is about our nations and the ones that rules behind the government and the president.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I was more acknowledging that such issues are spun. And they will be, you know. This is different than 'truth', it's rather how such possible idealogical perceptions are used as 'ammunition', to keep the public divided and inside nicely-controlled boundaries of acceptable political thought.

Political strategist know that it's not 'their spun against the truth', it's rather a more complex dynamic of how various rhetorical viewpoints can be balanced against one another. Eg: is Chavez a man of the people (a viewpoint not expressed in the US), a ruthless dictator, a deceptive greedy Communist who is exploiting his people, a misguided reaction of the people to unfair trade practices that only the free market can cure, etc, etc, etc. 'Truth' and 'no-spin' has nothing to do with it.

By recognizing that such 'icons' can be made emblematic, we can see more clearly the framework by which the two-party system in America holds idealogical control over their constituency. A valid model of this dynamic should allow prediction of change - and that's what I was pointing out: we should now see some level of invective repositioning from TPTB.

Let's watch, learn, and discuss.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I wish people would stop doing it but i know they won't. All the bickering is pointless and i can't help but get ticked off whenever i see it.

I'm so tired of the fingerpointing. If people could just see things for how they are and not for what they hope it to be then maybe we could solve some problems but instead they want to keep playing the political game.

Some look as bad as the very ones they defend.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I was more acknowledging that such issues are spun. And they will be, you know. This is different than 'truth', it's rather how such possible idealogical perceptions are used as 'ammunition', to keep the public divided and inside nicely-controlled boundaries of acceptable political thought.

I hate that it divides people. That's why i hate the system. In essence both parties have continued massive spending, large social programs that are failing, support of war, and corruption/lies.

And people defend their party anyway when both are at fault. It angers me.

I'll use my father as an example here.

When the elections were going on I asked him who he was going to vote for. I love my old man, but this is what he told me..

"We had someone come to the door today asking if we were registered to vote and who we were planning on voting for." It was an Obama supporter. His answer, "Na, i'm not voting for Obama...I'm voting straight Republican across the board."

Yep, across the board without knowing pretty much anything about any of the people he voted for. It's idiotic. This is what most of the country does. It's a false sense of togetherness and belonging that fools everyone into keeping ourselves enslaved in the establishment.

In the meantime, everything continues to go to hell.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well then, we should all immediately seek asylum in Venezuela, what?

After all, Chavez has proven himself an enemy of the global elite. That's why he's been in power for so long.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by Toadmund
Something I've been wondering though, we all know only pawns and puppets become prez, but what if some smart chap running for president and won it, played them into believing he'd be the perfect chump, then turn the tables on them and actually become a real Ron Paul like American hero?
Nah?! Ahh, crazy thought.

There have been several so far... the only thing is that they ended up 6 feet under very quickly...

Yeah, it's like we can see the change shortly after they just mash their butt into the oval office chair, the air hasn't even finished exiting the cusion when the political agenda is brought back in line.
Like someone gave them an inauguration gift, a spade shovel with a 6' long handle with a couple words of 'advice' from some insider dude.

Originally posted by Ian McLean
So now that Chavez is singing an anti-Democrat tune

I think it has nothing to do with party affiliation, nothing at all. Stop with trying to divide us (or you, Americans). Chavez can show that he is an equal opportunity guy, he can hate Rep's just as well as Dems, just depends on how corrupt their rule is and how much they hate him.

Looks like David9176's post beat me on this. (I feel like such a moran, or an idoit.)

Originally posted by jerico65
Way to go, Chavez. Nothing like reaching out with the hand of friendship to try to heal old wounds and patch things up in a civilized manner.

I think that maybe Chavez is daring Obama to be another Bush, hoping that he wont fill his (Chavez's) own prophecy. It a test a la Chavez.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Chavez is right . Even Chavez and people like me fear that Obama is NWO like Bush and if not he will be dead sooner or later

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join