It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS traffic getting crazier?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Is ATS attracting more crazies than ever???

Volatile subject matter, I realize. But, taking out, for the moment, the inherent inflammatory word....did I mean 'volatile'? Or, did I mean 'crazy'?

Nevertheless....when intelligent, and rational people discuss a subject it usually results in rational and intelligent --- well, discussions.

WHAT has happened here?!?

Seems that anyone with a keyboard and ten fingers can stick an opinion into this realm, no matter how half-baked it, or they, are.

SO, what now?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

ATS is constantly growing, new members show up all the time, and I guess there are some among them who just like to stir things up a bit. And the latest events in Gaza seem to have brought out the worst in many people...

Not much to do about it, except to try to think a little before posting, staying on topic and adress the subject, not the poster, IF you chose to get involved in a thread. No need to let yourself get sucked into discussions that are little less than bashing tournaments. Using the mental ignore button is always an option, and sometimes it is the best one.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Is ATS attracting more crazies than ever???

YES! And some people who have already been members for a while have flipped their lids as well.
I suggest you kick back, open a beer or two, and enjoy watching the show.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What??? You have beer, and didn't tell me??!!??

Why! I oughta....

Oh, I forgot....it's online. My Bad.....

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I know I haven’t been a member long but since I started lurking then signed on I have noticed more way out in left field theories. But, this is the nature of the beast of a site like our wonderful ATS. You are going to have the theories that make no since with theories that make absolute since. I think that it is the increase from the anonymous posters finally signing up to be members. I posted a thread about anons and the mods let a few through to show what they are saying. Those I believe posters signing up is what is bringing out the out there threads.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Welcome ANT (I have a new keyboarsd on orsder, sohopefully I';;ll make few typos....)

ANYWAY, 'welcome' ANT....gladyou could join usin the asylum.....

(did I mention I'm getting as new keyboard????)

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I have noticed that there are more teenagers on board now and for the most part, they are polite and anxious to learn and the few that stir up emotions are very articulate and argue in a very adult manner. I think there is less insanity on this forum now than there was 3 months ago.

new topics

top topics

join