It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Codex Gigas Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
S+F.

Great post, highly interesting. I feel compelled to flip through the pages even if I can't read latin.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
No translations hm?

Whether or not I would actually spend the time to read it, I would enjoy at the very least looking through it.

The conspiracy? Well - in my mind pretty much all religions are conspiracies to some point, and this is a major text that has almost gotten no recognition, at least on the western front of the world it seems. In the end, the conspiracy is for you to make up.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well done Sir: great post. I hadn't heard of this. Am gonna check out your links now
:0

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Brilliant. This is why ATS is GOOD!
So much crap threads, but I hnestly don't know where in cyber space topics like this would actually et attention.
Every month something pos up on ATS that is worthy of major attention.
I don't know heaps about this subject, but I will now leave my club and study.

Thanks OP

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Wow, congrats for this great find.

Gonna spend some time and learn more about it.

Am totally blown away by the ability to browse and zoom the book !!!

S&F

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Awesome post, and greatly appreciated.

Books like this are the kind i keep in my collection, too bad I can't get a printed copy for my own shelf. Oh well, digital copies are good enough.

S&F

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Great find as the other have said these are the type of threads that keep ATS alive. S+F From me keep up the good work. P.s I would imagine that this was the work of a whole monastry of monks following strict guidelines on the writing characters, they probably educated youngster to carry on the work when their skills faded and the pages where probably made numerous time by different scribes until the one was judged of suitable high quality for the book.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Quite intriguing indeed! This is something I will definitely pour over in my spare time. Things like this are truly of interest as the past is where the lies began and where the truth was first hidden. I am not religious at all but taking another side to the story can only further enlighten me. S&F for sure. It's the authentic things like this that fill my boredom. Something worth studying. Much thanks for something worth reading about!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Intriguing indeed. Thanks for posting this thread because I had never heard of the Codex Gigas. I watched the nat geo film, and read some stuff on their site I found very interesting

* The Devil’s Bible is so huge that it requires at least two people to carry it.

* Once considered the eighth wonder of the world, the Codex Gigas stretches three feet long and weighs a hundred and sixty-five pounds.

* It is the only book that places the Old and New Testaments alongside violent, holy incantations.

* The Codex Gigas contains one full page – right opposite the devil portrait of a towering Heavenly City. Although no people can be seen in the Heavenly City, it is a symbol of hope and salvation, a contrast to the portrait of the devil on the opposing page.

* The Codex Gigas includes mystical medical formulas for anything from treating ailments such as fevers and epilepsy to resolving practical problems such as finding a thief.

* The book's transfer to Prague in 2008 took a year of planning. It was insured for $15.1 million during the transfer.

* The Devil’s Bible has 600 pages, which is 310 parchment leaves, all made from donkey skins.

I find it very interesting it was considered the 8th wonder of the world
most people have never even heard of it!!! I also find it very interesting how it includes the bible in it's text.

I really wonder what's on the 7 supposedly missing pages? Maybe the were typos and didn't actually contain anything not rewritten in existing pages?

If there are missing pages with secret knowledge is it possible the illuminati has them

[edit on 20-1-2009 by warpboost]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

If there are missing pages with secret knowledge is it possible the illuminati has them

Possible I suppose, although I think the Vatican archives are a more likely suggestion.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
has no one found it more than a little strange that the codex food program may be named after it? i have always wondered why it is called that. for years i linked it to colditz, but now???

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure Codex just means book or the format/layout of a book replacing the scroll. The book can be a code not in a secret code way, but a law or regulation like legal code. Codex Alimentarius is the internationally recognized book of standards, codes of practice and guidelines regarding food, production, preparation and saftey.

en.wikipedia.org...

There are many codices in existence

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

Very cool post. I predict a Hollywoood Movie will soon follow!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The viewer is incredible.

I dont have an advanced understanding of Latin (though i can read some), however it doesn't look like pure classic Latin, can anybody who can read it properly comment ?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by walibi
S+F.

Great post, highly interesting. I feel compelled to flip through the pages even if I can't read latin.

Ditto. I actually plan to teach myself to read Latin, I'm going to be searching for some resources shortly.

I've developed a great interest in classical literature, and want a deeper understanding of what the ancients were trying to convey with their words.

English translations feel almost watered down, I feel that there must be some beauty that gets lost in translation.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
those pics from the official site are amazing! Thank you OP for sharing this. I wish I could read what it says. The story is quite amazing too. I think that that monk is special (not in a bad way) he has some amazing talent. Great thread!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Isn't it interesting how so much is coming forward? I truly believe that we are living in an age of enlightenment. I think many more things are going to come to the surface.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Great thread.

You might be interested in the Voynich manuscript aswell?

Another enigmatic manuscript.

There are a few videos online about it.

voynich

There is also a comprehensive site here

Sorry for the thread hijack, but as it is tangentially relevant to the subject.....

There is an abundance of manuscripts at the Ashmolean Museum also, on divers subjects such as Alchemy, Magic etc.

Don't let today fool you.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If you want a real mystery and like old books look for the

Voynich manuscript

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Star & Flagged!

Excellent find, thank you for bringing it to our attention. Like others I'm quite interested in ancient manuscripts, sacred texts etc but this is probably one of the most interesting & mysterious I've read about.

I find it incredibly strange that scientists can prove it took at least 30 years to write yet there are absolutely no signs of aging, tiredness in the text. That does make you want to believe the legend!

Thats an interesting point actually; you said scientists estimated it would take 30 years at a writing speed of 20 seconds per line. Is it not possible to somehow determine the age of the pages ? That would prove whether or not it was completed in a single night or not.

I know most people will probably think I'm a little stupid for actually considering the legend to be true, but dare to dream I say!

Another question, what happened to the monk?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join