It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labourers Lose their job over "Borrowed" Water Truck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
ACT. Labourer brothers lose their job after borrowing a water truck to help out with the ACT bushfire effort.. They used the truck to help refill the fire trucks and went through 27000 litres of water through the night.

The Foreman of the company (not named) said that although the brothers took the water truck without permission, they were let go because they are unreliable and never on time!

---

Conclusion - there are some arsehole people in this world believe me. These guys were making a concerted effort to save homes and lives in the ACT area by helping out with water relief and the thanks they get is a sacking from their jobs!

Australian's have this wonderful ethos and mateship that is recognised throughout the world when the # hit's the fan. I guess this company is not australian.

Give the guys a go for christ sake...Maybe they may save the company from fire destruction... I think somehow they may let it burn if it comes to that.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I don't know man, sounds like they were fired mainly because they never show up to work on time.

Even macdonalds will fire you for that.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
So sorry.. I did neglect to mention these guys are a part of the Volunteer Fire Brigade. Which is alot like the army reserves.. In times of emergency ( and believe me this was one HELL of an emergency) these people are allowed time off work to combat the fires. (Government Ruling)

This was the case here.

This company that fired these heroes has alot to answer for if you ask me. It's petty and unnecessary.

BTW FreeMason - why the hell do you sign your posts with no signature.. Are you too afraid to reveal who you really are.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I sign with "no signature" the same reason you don't sign with your name.

As for your "heros" they were late to work repeatedly, face it man...or can't you smell the turds all over them?

And don't give me crap about "oh those poor firefiighters" best thing that ever happend to my friend was getting laid off from work because he had to go fight a fire (he's volunteer too) he got quite a lot of money paid to him in the way of a fine against the corporation, I think some 20k, not sure the exact number though but for a place that pays 6 bucks an hour, it was definately the way to retire.

If these fellows had the same case, they'd be hopping for joy.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
OK.. I have had it with you putting people down..

Can't you see the point here.. These guys went out on their own time in the middle of the night to fight fires, to save lives.. They finished fighting the fires and went to work.. all be it a little late... These guys are heroes man. Without these firefighters Canberra would be a smoking hole in the ground..

Do you get off on knocking every little thing anyone says here..I am getting tired of it quickly..

Regards

Chris.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You can't seem to read your own article, they were more than just late from the fire, THEY WERE LATE CONSTANTLY...hence why they can't sue, hence why they can't profit from this, because THEY are the ones at fault for getting fired.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
sueing?? Is all you think about money??

Why the hell do these guys want to profit from anything.. They are regular every day joes volunteering their time to help the cause..

FM can you ever post something of a postive nature.. To me you seem like the kind of person who would light these fires that destroyed over 500 homes, just so you could lather in the misery of those people who lost loved ones and homes in probably the worst natural disaster to hit Australia's capital in a century.

Regards Chris

ps. You still havent answered my question about your signature.. Are you afraid??

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
As for my signature, no I'm not afraid, it's a tradition that I only give my name to those I deem far worthy of it. Other than that I remain annonymous, out of an old tradition particularly risen from BNet

As for misery, if the fire fighters don't care about money, why should they or anyone care about them losing their jobs because they were late repeatedly?

You still failed to answer my question....Why do you think they should keep their jobs if they are LATE all the time? Just because once this time they happend to be fighting a fire?

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The time in question or should I say the period in which the bushfires have been burning in Canberra have been over a week now.. Hence the numerous callouts the volunteer firefighters have had to face..

These guys still have to live man.. So a paying job is still needed.. Mind you though they were labourers so I am sure after all the TV coverage they got this morning they have jobs already..

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Well if they were wrongly fired for going to fight fires (ironic isn't it?) than they should be plentifully reimbersed by the fines that are levyed against companies that do such acts. Hence why obviously they were fired for other reasons, than going to fight a fire. They were fired for being late and unreliable "laborers" and you still manage to avoid answering that aspect

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Like the Company is gonna say your fired cause you took our truck into danger and used it for the good of humanity. They would get sh*t canned in minutes. No they make up some excuse...

I don't know about the union situation there but aren't you supposed to get a warning first...We'll probably never know..

Regards

Chris

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Freemason, these guys are hero's. They give their time and risk their lives. Maybe they were late to work often, but I bet they decided to fire them when they took that truck without permission. That was the last straw, even though they say it was because they were unreliable and always late.

top topics

join