It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food contaminations are actually product shortages?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Here's a theory I want to throw out.

All these food recalls come at reletively same time that we have gas prices high and weather in some places that could make farming difficult.

Do you suppose that salmonilla is a cover story to hide that some processing plants are out of or for some reason unable to ship their products?

I remember thjat a month or two ago the SE was hit with gas crisises, although that was not covered by MSM, and I think I recall that this penutbutter plant was in Georigia.

It seems that once the initial produts are taken off of the shelves, the companies have a month or two where they do not have to keep up with normal demand.

It is just a thought that maybe someone can confirm or deny.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by asmeone2]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
That's an interesting theory, I hadn't considered that before. I think maybe it could be, sometimes, but I think it has more to do just with food being mass produced. You get just one mistake, one lazy person, one thing wrong somehow and it has a ripple effect which affects a large area of people.

I don't see it happening with a pattern basically. Near here there was a listeria problem with a meat processing plant in (or near) Toronto, and so many products were recalled. There didn't seem to be any other outside factors affecting that at the time.

But you've got me keeping an eye open for other details like that now though.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Possibly...certainly something to keep an eye on. Although I'd more likely believe it it was scrimping on safety protocols at this stage, to try to save money on operating costs.

Now, for the Chinese products....that could be a different story altogether.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
If this theory is true how do you explain the people that have actually been sick and even more so the people that have died from this?

top topics

join