It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama hosting pricey party in a dicey economy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
In order to Deny Ignorance, I must state that the cost of the 2009 festivities is in line with the 2005 festivities. Bush's events cost his backers 42 million and the US taxpayers another 115 million for security...157 million. So the estimate of 2009 is in line: 45 million raised plus the security costs.

I didn't vote for Ronald Reagan (although friends and family members did) but I enjoyed watching the highlights on tv. During the Great Depression, Hollywood turned out some spectacular films, brightening up some rather dark times for the common person, who plunked down hard earned money to be entertained. Certainly the historical significance for the USA plus the world interest warrants a celebration. Party poopers turn off your tv sets.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I consider this a flaming thread, looking for that bite that will turn it into a disaster.

This thread should be closed.

Just wait a couple of days when Obama shakes off the effects of vodka, gets his executive powers going and shuts this thread by himself.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Oh my, how DARE you call out our Lord and Savior Obama. Pfff Tyrant, yeah right, just because globalist mister Zbigniew Brzezinski is his mentor and his right-hand man Rahm Emmanuel is pure Mossad doesn't mean he will be a Tyrant!! What, you think just because he is a member of the Trilateral Commission or that he supports the unconstitutional bailouts that makes him bad?

Come on man, "get a life" and pull the wool back over your eyes.

P.S wait till you see the things he will do after he gets inaugurated. You'll "love" it I'm sure.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by vegno]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

reply to post by burdman30ott6

LIVING GOD AMONGST MEN???

I love the way stuff like this always rolls out of your tongue. :shk:

1. Then I'm sure you'd have loved what I was originally going to post, DG. I had typed up a lovely spin off the Full Metal Jacket scene of Private Pyle (portrayed by Obama) wolfing down a jelly donut while the rest of the platoon (played by the tax payers) do endless pushups with gunny telling Obama "They're payin' for it, you eat it, Private Pyle!" Instead I went with self restraint and formed the God Amongst Men line.

2. Don't you owe us all an apology for endlessly swearing that Bush would declare martial law and name himself the big cheif muckity muck for life starting back in August?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Oh yea, i had it wrong. Instead he got real busy with all his cronies and held up this country for every cent it had and the world.

ooops my mistake.

YOU sir, with all due respect, are a malcontent. You need your own island.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

But you do not know this. I dont know this. huh?

Can we at least wait a few days and see where we are heading??? Isnt that the fair thing to do?

I'm sure given 3 days we can conjure up all kinds of unplessantries about our new preZ.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

YOU sir, with all due respect, are a malcontent. You need your own island.

Currently I am a malcontent. People tend to get that way when their wealth and future wealth is stolen from them and there doesn't appear to be any end in sight for said theft. When things were going smoothly, however, I was quite contented. As for the island, absolutely nothing in this world would make me happier, DG.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I do think it's all a bit over the top. It's an inauguration not a coronation.

but...times are hard for a lot of people. I think the position and the environment call for discretion.

Yes and I think that it contradicts his stance to help all the little people. On one hand, trying to lift the energy in the U.S. and on the other hand it reminds me of that infamous quote attributed to Marie Antoinette; "Let them eat cake!"

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

reply to post by stander

Can we at least wait a few days and see where we are heading??? Isnt that the fair thing to do?

I'm sure given 3 days we can conjure up all kinds of unplessantries about our new preZ.

Aah, there is no need to wait that long. Barack "Freshstart" Obama somewhat failed to instill confidence in his magick in places where the real stuff is happening right on the Day #1.

Stocks tumble on fresh worries about banks

news.yahoo.com...

"Fresh" seems to be a very popular adjective these days . . .

I don't think that there is anyone else who would do much better than Obama, anyway.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join