It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The product that claims to change your DNA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I was fliping through channels and came across a strange looking guy talking on the home shopping network. It was actually his eyes that made me stay on the channel and see what he was talking about.

Apparently this individual, Ryan Foley, has spent the last 10 years developing a product that claims the following:

"NUVOCELL is clinically proven to protect and repair the genetic blueprint of human life – Your DNA. Ground breaking research completed at the University of Lund in Sweden proves NUVOCELL increases DNA repair by 12% and promotes healthy new cell division."

I didnt know something could actually repair/ change your DNA oraly.

Check out his face in the link below:

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Ashley_T]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well, here are the two patents that the guy has:

(go here and search for those numbers: I couldn't get a link to them to work correctly)

patft.uspto.gov...

We find out that the main ingredients are:

forskohlin

en.wikipedia.org...

Phyllanthus emblica

en.wikipedia.org...

Centella asiatica

en.wikipedia.org...

Bacopa monnieri

en.wikipedia.org...

Read these and make up your own mind about it. I'm not sure what to think, I need to research a little more.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Jadette]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I dont know enough about medicine to determin whether or not something can change you DNA. I thought that this was a genetic makeup, more so then an enviromental determination.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Sounds to me more like the stuff is supposed to help repair and/or prevent damage to dna ; more than actually changing it. The dna won't actually change so that one's eyes go from blue to brown or anything.

Actually that strange looking guy is kinda cute -- more about his smile than his eyes.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashley_T

Apparently this individual, Ryan Foley, has spent the last 10 years developing a product that claims the following:

He doesn't look old enough to have done 10 years research and still have went to any kind of college

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Ahh.. the fountain of youth... I can't imagine why anyone would actually want to change their DNA (if in fact that's what it does) to regain a youthful appearance. That said, I'm absolutely certain many will want to!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Ahh.. the fountain of youth... I can't imagine why anyone would actually want to change their DNA (if in fact that's what it does) to regain a youthful appearance. That said, I'm absolutely certain many will want to!

damn straight,why would people not want to? if you dont fine,but i know alot of people would.No shame in that.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Seems to me that if someone tried to alter/change their DNA and it doesn't work out as planned then that person who tried will more than likely have a defect they haven't had before and go down a road that they will be unable to change.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leapass
reply to post by Ashley_T

He doesn't look old enough to have done 10 years research and still have went to any kind of college

my guess is he is including his research time IN college. when you write a resume, dont you embellish a bit .... not lie, just make the truth sound better. He probably attended Lund University but I wonder why it is not being sold in Sweden if that is the case. Why take something researched in Sweden and then sell it from Canada to just Canada and US?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by PoisonousPoison
Seems to me that if someone tried to alter/change their DNA and it doesn't work out as planned then that person who tried will more than likely have a defect they haven't had before and go down a road that they will be unable to change.

I didnt notice anywhere in his site that stated it actually 'changes' DNA, unless I missed something. It says "clinically proven to protect and repair". Thats a little different than actually changing ones DNA.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SleeplessInUS

He probably attended Lund University but I wonder why it is not being sold in Sweden if that is the case. Why take something researched in Sweden and then sell it from Canada to just Canada and US?

Because he knows no one anywhere else would be crazy enough to buy this stuff. Seriously, we are all so quick to jump on the fountain of youth bandwagon it's almost sickening. Me? I'm gonna grow old and be proud of my wrinkles and gray hair .... but that's just me.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Seruak]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Wait a minute, this thing can repair DNA, does that mean it's a cure for cancer? If it were then it wouldn't be available on the shopping channel.

That advertisement screams fake at me. Every last detail about it, including the guy in the bottom corner and his pose.

So this guy somehow has a one up on all the scientists working on a cure for cancer, with only a B.Sc, Ooookay.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SleeplessInUS

Yeah I noticed that as well, but for the most part almost everything that deals with repair seems to change something in a small bit, At least from what I've noticed on any medication that "repaired" me
. Don't know if the same case would be applied here, but personally I just wouldn't trust it until someone else tries it out first.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Got to admit I am a bonafide addict of natural remedies. I have at least a couple of the individual "ingredients" of his pills in my stash of dozens of herbs and roots and potions.
Personally I'm not looking for the fountain of youth, just trying to work out a bargain with nature for some good health along the way.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leapass
reply to post by Ashley_THe doesn't look old enough to have done 10 years research and still have went to any kind of college

Well then, maybe the product is really working.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well we have natural repair mechanisms. So it is possible to add stuff that acts on same principle. However the issue is so complex and there are so many things unknown that i highly doubt if someone can make those claims and 100 percent stand behind them. Could be, of course.
But while vast majority of DNA is still considered "junk" - i see no real breakthroughs like one promoted here. Any big Pharms company would sell souls (if they still own them) and even much more important (to them) stocks to get this kind of patents. I am talking about billions. One can not make so much money on commercial TV.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Well we have natural repair mechanisms. So it is possible to add stuff that acts on same principle. However the issue is so complex and there are so many things unknown that i highly doubt if someone can make those claims and 100 percent stand behind them.
But while vast majority of DNA is still considered "junk" - i see no real breakthroughs like one promoted here.

Yes, all those mechanisms are extremely complex, and no, there is no "junk" DNA as you are saying. That expression has gone to trash long time ago, I know what I am talking about because I work on that "junk".

About the topic... There is another cosmetic product (DNAge) from a very known company that claims something alike. No, they do not change DNA! This reminds me of the case of that girl who was born "without" a breast-cancer gene. People would start to think that someone has deleted that gene from her, of something like that, and it is the biggest lie... She has the gene, just a different version of it...
And it could mutate in her life! (very unlikely though)

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hey people, I have been searching the AGEOFF site and found something great!

Acti-Sirtuin also inhibits telomerase, the harmful enzyme responsible for shortening the end caps (telomeres) of chromosomes. Over the course of your life-time, as telomere length decreases so does the number of times a cell can replicate. Acti-Sirtuin helps to maintain telomere length and therefore helps prolong cellular life.

I release a giant laugh when I read this!
Just because it it's all a lie. Telomerase does not produces shortening of the telomeres, its just the oposite!
Human normal cells do not produce telomerase, thats why our telomeres get smaller. Cancer cells do get to produce telomerase, keeping telomeres on its "full" size... Even the wikipedia refers it...

Well...After this I don't need to read anything else about this "magical product"!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
damn straight,why would people not want to? if you dont fine,but i know alot of people would.No shame in that.

If you're a male, you wouldn't want to, women prefer 'older-looking' men. That 'old' look makes you look more mature and women like it.

But women would definitely want this... Which is bad for men, you know why...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
it could not repair cancer. A product that taps the potential in HEALTHY cells that he is talking about would be more likely to trigger cancer stem cells to freak out.

The fountain of youth is riddled with cancer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join