It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea military says to "wipe out" the South

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mudler
Wouldn't be too surprised if WWIII should break out with all the conflicts brewing / being fought.
Libya and possibly Iran could be brought into the Gaza war, the US and NATO would interfere and NK could nuke SK as a response.

Ok, maybe not the most realistic sceniaro but you get the general idea.

Even if they nuke each other, I doubt that will immediately start ww3. But one thing for sure, NK will be met with equal response, probably from USA.

But there's also a possibility that USA could be nuked by other hostile countries if they try to nuke NK. You know, taking advantage of the situation. Of course, nobody will claim responsibility, now that's hard.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Originally posted by whoshotJR
All this is just like the little kid who wants attention. Right now the media is focused on gaza and already Iran and NK are jumping up and down saying you better not forget about me or I will blow something up because I'm important!

Can you point me to a source that says Iran is jumping up and down saying look at me or they will blow something up because they are important.

How about when Iran announced that they would have a very big announcement in 48 hours? This was at the start of the Gaza war when nobody was even talking about Iran. They couldn't just come out and say it they wanted to build media and point attention to them.

Just good Iran making threats and I'm sure you can find a long list.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I'm getting sick of this war stuff.

People need to stop fighting each other and drop down their arms.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

If I recall correctly, quite a few places had something to say about the war in Gaza, except maybe the US goverment and UK goverment that had a sudden case of laryngitis.

those against included Arab countries (little reporting onn it)
Iran which of course was going to be picked out for special interst from western media (every news service covered it)
Nordic Countries, (no real media attention)
muslim countries which arn't arab condemned the Gaza invasion (very little media coverage)

so just because Iran did say something, so did a lot of other countries which got very little coverage because no one wants a war with them.
Iran is a country of special interest.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
If the DPRK uses nuclear weapons against the ROK I believe that they will not be used against Seoul. The DPRK has about a million pieces of artillery focused on Seoul itself. The weapons will be used outside of the range of the artillery (perhaps Osan or Kunsan or any ROKAF base). THe DPRK knows their AF is no match for ours or the ROKAF. Taking out key air bases in the south will greatly help the DPRK's objective of unification.

However, I do not believe we'll be at war with the DPRK anytime soon. They are just trying to gain some leverage.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Anyway, if NK use a nuke, it will be very dangerous because North Korea is bordering China and Russia. So when US troops in SK die because of NK nuke strike, the US will have to retaliate...

Why would USA have to retaliate? USA needs to stop this *policing* of the world BS.

As you pointed out, NK is the responsibility of China/Russia.

Asking a question here not poking at your post.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Even if they nuke each other, I doubt that will immediately start ww3. But one thing for sure, NK will be met with equal response, probably from USA.

I'll ask you also.
Why is this the USA's responsibility.
Don't you think Russia and China can take care of themselves?
USA needs to keep their nose out of other peoples business...

Again, not ranting at you, just asking a question...

Thanks...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I think that North Korea simply needs more food since their centralized economy is tank-oriented. And in order to get it they are again "blackmailing" world with threats of war with South Korea. Kind of "We are crazy and desperate enough to do it. Unless fed".
I really sympathise with people who still have to live in 19th century idea of utopia.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Who else would step in instead of the US? The UN? Please don't lie to me. No one else but the US besides Russia and China is powerful enough to intervene and with China there would be internal conflicts at stake and would you want a resurging Russia to step in? I think we are the only ones who can stop NK from invading SK. We don't want another war do we? I agree that we can't exert our influence too much but it seems like there's too many wars in the world... it seems like one war leads to another. We need to be there to stop people from going to war. You used to say that we used to cause a lot of wars and now look at the world and you'll see lots of nations causing wars without us. We need to be there to stop the wars. To show the world that we've learned our lesson on wars.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

"Does it hit anyone funny that if somehow the end of life as we know it for North Korea, Syria, and Iran, were to happen, that the world would be so much simpler and less troublesome"

Simpler?

*After the Nuclear Genie is out of the bottle it isn't going back.

This actually Complicates matters - it doesn't simplify them, not by any stretch of the imagination.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Couldn't agree more, but I'm also worried about NK's own citizens right now. Wish the world could do something about them too.

It's hard to imagine the horrors unfold in their midst while everybody is powerless to do something about it. Something about our laws, give power to evildoers

The world needs help from anyone who is above the law, if any.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Who else would step in instead of the US?

Thanks for your response.

My question though, is, why would the USA have to *step in*?

You're telling me Russia and China can't take care of themselves?

That's rubbish.

...peace...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Vitchilo

Anyway, if NK use a nuke, it will be very dangerous because North Korea is bordering China and Russia. So when US troops in SK die because of NK nuke strike, the US will have to retaliate...

Why would USA have to retaliate? USA needs to stop this *policing* of the world BS.

As you pointed out, NK is the responsibility of China/Russia.

Asking a question here not poking at your post.

Thanks

Yea but "our" half of the island , the South is U.S. friendly...= a small base near our "Enemy" ( russia , china).....we would never give up south korea or allow russia and china to let NK take over SK..It's too valuable for our military.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by orgyofthedead

N.Korea is an attention seeking child.

They are just making sure they're in the line for a little more attention from a new US president. They're waving their arms about shouting "don't forget us! We're still dangerous too!"

When I read that a rocket has been fired from within N.Korea I'll pay attention to it. Until then, it's just more BS from an arrogant state that wants everything it can but gives nothing in return.

Now, if Obama decides enough is enough and refuses to bargain with them at all over what they want, then things will get icky and they'll act in desperation to get attention.

I hope Obama does what I think he'll do; talk, be a diplomat, be the grownup, let them stamp their feet demanding toys and then give them a lolly and say toys will come if they're good little boys and girls.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

don't worry thier nuclear reactors will come back online

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well there's some more threatening talk out of North Korea,

North Korea says threats not 'hollow'

A North Korean daily yesterday claimed that the communist state's latest message denouncing South Korea and hinting at possible military action was not a "hollow" threat.

The Rodong Shinmun said via the state-run Korean Central Broadcasting Station that "we are not familiar with hollow words,".

"This type of self-defensive measures come at a right timing, and we can not avoid taking these necessary measures," the paper said. It alleged that Seoul had pushed the envelope too far, which was why it was seeking "merciless punishment."

source

The fact that his youngest son is in charge is worrying, just imagine the sort of upbringing hes had and at how brainwashed he might be.

I don't know if anyone's seen some recent documentaries inside N Korea, its horrendus, the living conditions, brainwashing and torture and that's the good parts.

If they are doing this because their food stocks are low and the people cant be fed that is even more worrying because they will be backed into a corner. Imagine if you're country was like that there would be food riots.

The threat was delivered by a North Korean General, in full uniform and flanked by the nation's flags on national television. (This is very rare apparently).

South Korea immediately put the military on high alert, reportedly asking for U.S. cooperation on gathering intelligence on the North, and mobilized its reconnaissance resources, including U-2 aircraft. A high-ranking official said, “The government is paying close attention to the North, but we will not take any immediate action. We have not scheduled any emergency security meetings and no separate statement will be issued.”

“The statement reminds me of the ‘sea of fire’ statement made (by the North) in 1994.” The North said it would turn Seoul into a “sea of fire” following the first nuclear confrontation between North Korea and the United States.

source

If, and i say if, a war did break out it wouldn't necessarily go nuclear (not straight away anyway). Thus the US couldn't just nuke NK and it couldn't send troops there as they are in two wars and they probably could even afford to pay for another war.

I wonder if there are any Koreans on ATS, i would like to hear what they had to say?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Doesn't the Treaty giving US control of SK forces during wartime end soon? 2012 I believe? Maybe they see this and the economic crisis, couple with an unstable leadership in NK itself, as a chance to "get one back"..

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Once again concern over threats between nations, war a possibility.

I say let them have their war, as well as the middle east. The west has intervened in these conflicts for many years, and likely only postponed the inevitable, possibly worsening the ultimate outcome.

Sometimes wars must happen.

It is like preventing forest fires for many decades only to discover that you only provided more fuel for a fire when it happens, making it burn faster longer and consuming much more acreage. Of course now we know better and are doing controlled burns to remove the extra vegetation fire prevention created.

War may not be an act of nature, but preventing it seems to have a similar result as above.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

N.Korea is an attention seeking child.

I'm not sure if you guys have seen much footage from within NK, but they have a pretty impressive military outfit. Thousands of troops marching around in perfect file and rank, very similar to the Nazi German displays of military power.

They are obsessed with militarism, and rather than being attention seeking, I think they have a serious inferiority complex that they're making up for.

Too bad we can't get any NK members on here to tell us a bit of what it's like over there.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by The_Modulus]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Modulus

Thats because there aren't any. No home in North Korea has internet access, nor access to global television, nor access to International telephone services. No one leaves North Korea, nor enters without strict government supervision. Go watch a 60 minutes documentary on the place. They took Orwells 1984 and used it like a manual on how to build a nation.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join