It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea military says to "wipe out" the South

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

North Korea military says to "wipe out" the South

uk.reuters.com

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea's army said on Saturday it would assume an "all-out confrontational posture" against the South and wipe out the conservative government in Seoul for refusing to cooperate with them.

Ties across the heavily-armed border between the two Koreas have turned icy since President Lee Myung-bak came to office last year on a promise to get tough on his communist neighbour after 10 years of liberal leaders' efforts to engage Pyongyang.

"Now that traitor Lee Myung Bak and his group opted for confrontation, denying national reconciliation and cooperation, backed by foreign forces, our revolutionary armed forces are compelled to take an all-out confrontational posture to shatter them," the North's army spokesman said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.xinhuanet.com
www.foxnews.com
edition.cnn.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
N.Korea says Plutonium "Weaponized" and Off-Limits

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Well this is a disturbing event, it seems as though relations between the North and South are at an all time low.
I know that there have been threats in the past, however this one might be different for a couple of reasons.

New South Korean President Lee Myung-bak has implemented some hard line policies against the North, the declining health of leader Kim Jong Il, who reportedly suffered a stroke last year and may no longer be making decisions (it is reported that his 24/25 year old son is in charge). Also could be saber rattling just ahead of Obamas inauguration. There is also the reports that Pyongyang has weaponized its plutonium into warheads, enough for between four and six warheads.

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
North-Korea is like Iran, big mouth, little action.
Don't worry too much, therefore.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
why does it always seem like there is always a string of bad luck in the air. Just more doom and gloom information.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Wouldn't be too surprised if WWIII should break out with all the conflicts brewing / being fought.
Libya and possibly Iran could be brought into the Gaza war, the US and NATO would interfere and NK could nuke SK as a response.

Ok, maybe not the most realistic sceniaro but you get the general idea.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

you could take that road.

Making assumptions about a country which we really know little about may not be wise.
If Kim Jong Il isn't making the descissions anymore, you have an unknown quantity not knowing what the descission makers state of mind is.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

While i appreciate what you're saying (and you may well be right) have you even read and the links and other information in regards to this. I'm not trying to be funny but i posted this and 2 minutes later you posted, so you read everything, thought about it then posted. You could have given it five minutes at least.
By that rationale then North Korea are never going to do anything ever, so why do the US need to leave troops there? I think even though nothing may happen that the US and South Korean military take this threat seriously and don't just dismiss it after 2 minutes.
As seen by this article.

SEOUL, Jan. 18 (UPI) -- South Korea says it has positioned more soldiers at its frontier with the North after Pyongyang declared what it called an all-out confrontational posture.

The North's threat, which was being rebroadcast continuously Sunday, warned of a possible naval clash. Seoul warned fishing fleets to be wary of possible confrontations with North Korean vessels.

SOURCE

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This may make it a bit more of a worry, news posted today .www.guardian.co.uk...

North Korea has plutonium ready for up to five nuclear bombs, reports claim
Pyongyang threatens to destroy new South Korean government as reports emerge of North Korean nuclear bomb capacity

North Korea today threatened to ­"shatter" the conservative South Korean government in Seoul, as reports emerged that Pyongyang claims to have weaponised enough plutonium stocks to produce four or five nuclear bombs."Now that traitor Lee Myung-bak and his group opted for confrontation, denying national reconciliation and cooperation, backed by foreign forces, our revolutionary armed forces are compelled to take an all-out confrontational posture to shatter them," the statement said.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Oh yay...more war...this seems to be the popular vote these days, everyone wants to be in the limelight destroying stuff....there is no conspiracy about this. All they want is death.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I have also found this news from the Sydney Herald suggesting that they may already have nukes.www.smh.com.au...

SEOUL: The North Korean military has declared an "all-out confrontational posture" against South Korea as an American scholar said North Korean officials told him they had "weaponised" enough plutonium for roughly four to six nuclear bombs.

US intelligence officials had previously estimated that the North had harvested enough fuel for six or more bombs, although it was never clear if the North constructed the weapons.

The scholar, Selig Harrison, said the officials had not defined what "weaponised" meant, but the implication was that they had built nuclear arms.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
On what could they use it? On South Koreans defenses? Because Seoul can be wiped out with artillery alone in about an hour. Using a nuke against Seoul wouldn't be bright since you have only 4-6 nukes.

Anyway, if NK use a nuke, it will be very dangerous because North Korea is bordering China and Russia. So when US troops in SK die because of NK nuke strike, the US will have to retaliate... and if China and Russia see missiles flying around their airspace, how could they be sure that they are not heading their way?

Anyway, any war is unlikely, if it does happen, I hope SK and the US stops them then China take the country over while their army is occupied in SK.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Why can't people just chill out a bit and leave war aside for a while?

I'm moving to Seoul later this year and this freaks me out, I don't particularly want to get nuked.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Still wouldn't want to be the guy guarding the fence.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
of any of the possible doom and gloom wars to come and scaring the crap out of us each month----i could see this being the ne to happen and kick it all off

the others have a lot of manuevering,,, talk,, propoganda,, chess moves back and forth

i could see waking up one morning and these 2 being in all out war

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
All this is just like the little kid who wants attention. Right now the media is focused on gaza and already Iran and NK are jumping up and down saying you better not forget about me or I will blow something up because I'm important!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
All this is just like the little kid who wants attention. Right now the media is focused on gaza and already Iran and NK are jumping up and down saying you better not forget about me or I will blow something up because I'm important!

Can you point me to a source that says Iran is jumping up and down saying look at me or they will blow something up because they are important.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
War is highly unlikely. NK is just pissed because SK stopped sending the hundred tons of free rice and money$$ to the north. They're starving more than ever, and this is just a way of expressing it.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I wonder what they want this time.

big mouths

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncovered
War is highly unlikely. NK is just pissed because SK stopped sending the hundred tons of free rice and money$$ to the north. They're starving more than ever, and this is just a way of expressing it.

Hamas expressed itself with lack of food and money!

Why would NK be any different with a starving population getting angry at the goverment?
you have to deflect the anger in some way as history has shown us.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Does it hit anyone funny that if somehow the end of life as we know it for North Korea, Syria, and Iran, were to happen, that the world would be so much simpler and less troublesome?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join