It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What game is the Telegraph playing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread and i think its pretty much established that its pure fear mongering. Its basically a slide show which shows what would happen if nuclear attacks were to be carried out on major western cities.

The tagline of the slide show is simply:

Blackjack

The story of terrorist nuclear attacks on major western cities.

Slide show link

What i found kind of odd is in the last slide where it introduces what will happen in part 2 of the slide show, in New York. Here is the image:

I see NAU and a serpent on that van... does that strike anyone as odd or is this just plain and simply put, fear mongering?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This is interesting. Whoever came up with it thought it through pretty well.

But as for the symbols? Fear Mongering. They make wide use of it, just look at the barrel in the first few slides (I forget which one exactly. It's 7 a.m. and I have yet to sleep)

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Yeah id say its fear mongering,still damn strange,but i dont think its a prediction of whats to come or what have you.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Notice what it says at the bottom, below the slide show.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Life imitates art and art imitates life (isn't that the saying) Hiding their intentions in plain sight. Funny how it names major religions as the source. Looks as though it's also a little disinfo campaign as this would likely be carried out by the governments who posess these powers. What better to blame the people who are the ones opressed and suffering.

I think this will be a reality in our lifetime and it's not coincidental that it just happens to show 2 of the worlds most hated super powers and their major cities. London and NY.

After all, nobody ever thought something like 9/11 would happen.

[edit on 18/1/2009 by Revealation]

[edit on 18/1/2009 by Revealation]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Then there must be information on a threat, I think maybe it's the only way they can warn people without panicking everyone.

The BBC did a story in 2004 i think about a terrorist attack on London's Tube system and then came 7/7 a few years later.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Ok,its strange obviously maybe influenced by the large influx of especially young people with the whole shadow government,NAU,Amero..coming to realise the government isn't a benevolent father to the populace,this is mostly to do with the internet.Journalist if doing their job right obviously pick up on that.What i make of it is the barrel/nuclear weapon has a sun on it.The van carrying it has the words a new dawn obviously pointing to the fact the nuclear weapon would cause a paradigm shift.The NAU and the serpent.The serpent signifies to me a trickster with words ie the government.After the attacks the serpent will use its words to persuade the populace of America into the NAU.Thats my take,pretty cool though.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The Telegraph has been widely known as a 'conspiracy theory' newspaper for many years. Just recently they had articles on why 2008 was the year that global warming was proven a hoax. This is not recent at all, if you go back to "Yes, Minister", a TV show from the 1980s in the UK, during the section where Hacker describes the nature of the newspapers, the Telegraph is described as "the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country, the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it already is"

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
My first thoughts were that the slideshow being in the culture section it is some hype-building advertising for some new fear-mongering movie or something like that.

Searching for relevant bits and pieces proved that it is definitely being talked / typed about.

Also found this which may be off topic but is worrying nonetheless regarding the upgrading of the Russian bombing force including the Tupolev Tu-160 'Blackjacks' aka White Swans.

WASHINGTON, Jan. 5 (UPI) -- Russia is betting big on its aging but more potent than ever strategic bomber force well into the 21st century. A senior air commander has revealed that all three of the main long-range bombers in the Kremlin's arsenal would be extensively modernized and upgraded this year.

The ambitious program will fit new targeting and navigation systems on Russia's fleets of Tupolev Tu-160 Blackjacks, Tupolev Tu-95MS Bears and Tupolev Tu-22M3 Backfires. The long-range bombers will undergo major modernization in 2009, two-star Maj. Gen. Pavel Androsov, head of the 37th Air Army, told the RIA Novosti news agency Dec. 23.

source

Although the use of these aircraft to deploy nuclear missiles goes against the plot in the slideshow, i thank the Telegraph for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
That's meant to cause fear in people well it just made me laugh, but I can just imagine people ending that slideshow with worries. Is it really necessary to photoshop Big Ben destroyed? To poorly make them look legitimate by adding "LIVE" in the corner? It's comedy. It's like trying to scare children, how obvious can it be.

What kind of morbid mind does it take to create such a slideshow, and what kind of morbid mind does it take to enjoy this type of "art".
I for one am getting sick and tired of all of these doomsday re-enactments and slideshows. If I hear about just one more end of the world catastrophe re-enactment shows...! Well, maybe they're the next big thing, like new coke or reality television.

To me this slideshow is just insulting.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Please add any thoughts about this to the existing thread here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join