It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. could be no-show at 2010 Shanghai World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

U.S. could be no-show at 2010 Shanghai World

www.latimes.com

Fundraising for the American exhibit suffers from a lack of interest and the recession. International relations could be affected.
By Don Lee
January 17, 2009
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
is the world fair a big event or just a petty stuff that nobody cares?seems like american economy is really in a big trouble that it can not even afford going to an international event.

in china it is being portrayed as a big international event,i like to know wether it is also true anywhere else.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
To be honest, I had never heard of it before, and almost noone I know of talks about it. So my guess is that it's one of these ''epic'' things, but only truly important for those that know about it or are involved with it.

It kinda reminds me of Domino Day.

[edit on 18/1/09 by -0mega-]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The "Worlds Fair" is a big event. What seems to be left out of this article is that if things don't change soon there isn't going to be much of anyone at the fair.
At these "fairs" companies from all over the world bring in their latest and greatest to show off how far they have come on the innovation scale. But at the moment most if not all countries are just trying to get by. I do think it is far to early to be saying no companies from the USA are going.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by beijinghaidian

While I think some people are beginning to become a bit jaded about big splashy events intended to sell some shallow and commercial idea of greatness, it is also somewhat a sign of things that the U.S. is so bogged down in problems that it can't even make an effort to pretend there is any greatness left to it.

hmm, not sure how I feel about that.

top topics

join