It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple witnesses, giant light in sky over Sweden (photo)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Hey. Just wanted to give a heads up to possible UFO sighting in the south of Sweden. In all likelihood it is just a meteorite.

Pardon large quote below but Google translate is failing when I'm plugging in the URL. Below is the translated text from the article

Unusual phenomenon lit up the sky over southern Sweden
It was 20.06 last night when something happened.
Suddenly called sky across southern Sweden.
- It was the weirdest I have seen. The whole sky was green. I thought Judgment had, "says Jonas Gustavsson, 21, Torup in Halland.
For several seconds colored sky blue, according to the second green. The light was so bright that even people who were inside noticed it.
But what was agreed yesterday not to have any clear answers.
A meteor, an airplane, a ufo or maybe Superman?
Police in Halland received several calls. Similarly SOS in Gothenburg. Police in Skåne was nedringd.
- There have been many, many calls, and everyone makes a similar function, but we do not know what it is about. Nor have we found something on the ground who can explain what it was people saw, "says Lennart Mark Horn of the police in Skåne.
Saw a strong light
A large number of people also heard of the Aftonbladet.
- We sat in the car, just south of Halmstad, when we saw a strong light. It was like a giant meteorite that crashed. I hope no one came to harm, "said Magnus Våge, 24, from Gothenburg.
Mattias Carlsson, 18, from Landvetter describes what he saw as "a great eldklot".
- It was unbelievable - a blue light with a long tail of fire.
Even from Trollhättan, Gothenburg, Limhamn, Svedala, Trelleborg and Tollarp came calls on celestial phenomenon.
SMHI had last night, no explanation.
- There is nothing that can explain the weather-wise, "says Inga-Lill Nordin, weather.
"Sounds like a meteor"
Nor at Sturup airport outside Malmo had no explanation.
Peter Wintoft an astronomer at the Institute of Space Physics in Lund.
- I saw it myself, but from the description sounds like a bright meteor or meteorite.
He says the meteorite cases are fairly common, but this brightness is rare.
- Is it a meteorite strikes the course down the hill somewhere and can cause an explosion. The size is usually a few kilograms or less.
- It will be exciting to search for the answer to what people saw.

edit: i'm too lazy to correct this translation

[edit on 18-1-2009 by lasse]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by lasse

Already posted:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
As mentioned, there is an existing thread on this topic. Please add to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you.

-closed-

join