It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1897- first crashed UFO case (with alien) documented

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Didn't they have a photo of the grave marker, and then the marker went missing later on? I seem to recall that...

Edit: found the following:

The last key to the entire situation is the fact that the crash victim received a Christian funeral and was buried in a local gravesite. Considering that this crash happened way before the Roswell incident, this posed the possibility that a real alien body fully intact and untampered would exist. Investigators were able to discover the stone that marked the aliens grave. It was a rock shaped marker with what appeared to be a rough drawing of the ship carved into it. Using a metal detector, the investigators charted extremely high magnetism over the grave. They then asked permission from one of the funeral associations to exhume the body. Permission was denied, and in addition, the stone was moved and the metal detectors no longer detected any metal in the area where the grave once was.

So I don't recall if the pic used in the UFO Hunters special was a recreation or from an earlier visit/investigation, of the stone grave marker in question.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The UFO Hunters used a machine to find any unmarked graves. They found the one that is purported to be the alien, but were not allowed to dig it up. It appears the grave has collapsed on itself, not uncommon for its age.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

The problem with reports that are that old is that they could be newspaper hoaxes. It was not uncommon to make up stories to sell papers in the day (much like the Week World News and its ilk do today), and even "respectable" newspapers did it to sell copy. Unless there is some physical traces or pictures to analyze, I would read that article with a grain of salt.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join