It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pixar's WALL-E, Shocking Coincidences?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
so is Hollywood with us? or against us?

just some vid for those who watched wall-e and liked it.

Freewill. they have to let us know. but it's up to us to decipher the message and act upon it. just opinion though. :-)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
it is based both on environmental and a statement about the human condition. listed as a "song" in the credits the movie describes the philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche, in his book "Thus Spoke Zarathustra".

The credit is for Also sprach Zarathustra a piece by Richard Strauss. It was also featured in 2001: A Space Odyssey.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
Though there are hidden symbolisms in the movie, they are intentional.

There is a such thing as reading too far into them, which OP, you are.

Get a hold of yourself man.

Prove it.
2 lines

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I saw the film and loved it... had to watch it a few times more.. .full of little bits of 'OMG'....

Anyway, here's a small bit of info some of you may not have picked up on, but i thought was considerably important in the line of view of this topic...

The name of the ship itself... Axiom

In traditional logic, an axiom or postulate is a proposition that is not proved or demonstrated but considered to be either self-evident, or subject to necessary decision. Therefore, its truth is taken for granted, and serves as a starting point for deducing and inferring other (theory dependent) truths.

The word "axiom" comes from the Greek word ἀξίωμα (axioma), a verbal noun from the verb ἀξιόειν (axioein), meaning "to deem worthy", but also "to require", which in turn comes from ἄξιος (axios), meaning "being in balance", and hence "having (the same) value (as)", "worthy", "proper". Among the ancient Greek philosophers an axiom was a claim which could be seen to be true without any need for proof.

en.wikipedia.org...

That there almost completely strengthens the ideas and theories behind the discussion here. Truth taken for granted. The ship was in its 700th year of a 5 year cruise, nobody cared, nobod really realised anything was different.. until this little plant came along and upset the autopilot.

The truth was that these people came from a planet, reality was being kept from them whilst reality really existed.... if you get my drift.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The advertisements for fatty junk food can just as well be an analogy to genetically modified food, that the food we eat makes us lazy and easily manipulated.

It's also an analogy to ignorant bliss, as long as their is junk food, robots that serve every whim, and chairs than do the walking whilst stuck in front of a monitor, why would their be a need to break out of that way of life?

Comfort breeds apathy.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
If this movie also had some influence from a visiting race, I think we could see many parallels from their alleged point of view and how we depend too much on machines, government, corporations etc. rather than think more for ourselves. The machines to me as-if represent children having to take care of their convelescent parents.

By not actually allowing humans back on earth for 700 years gave the earth more time to possibly recover.

What the end showed to me was actually pointless to return as if showing the remnants of a human created wasteland. I would have much preferred the ship or ark to a huge garbage dump. I wonder if this also means a sequel?

I think most movies poke fun at our vanity and ignorance as a parody through exaggerations like stand up comedy. I've usually thought of many cartoons as adult humor anyway.

George Carlin is a great example of this point of fact type of exaggerism.

Considering that All cartoons are created by adults you may be right.

There are hidden meanings in all most everything but people are usually to occupied to realize them because our society provides us with stuff to do.

ex: A job ...to occupy most of your time......Then stores that are attractive to the consumer so they spend their money there...the products they buy from these stores also keep us distracted. Reality tv shows keep us distracted.

Are there more " Reality " tv shows because they are good or because they are used to distract us.

It's hard not to watch them when half the shows on tv no are " Reality " shows and in Reality are not realistic all the time.

maybe they are hinting ( if u get the message ) that our reality is not really real.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
I must say that the Auto Pilot looks eerily similar to HAL, but that has nothing to do with it.

Couldn't resist adding that WallE is ripped off Number 5 from Short Circuit. (A cheesy but great 80's movie I'd be surprised if anyone knows about or remembers)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sara1

I've seen Short Curcuit several times and could care less about the similarities if there is any. Of course anything that worked well once before probably will again.

The fact that this type of computer animation is replacing other physical (and more expensive) effects seems to be a bigger rip off from other previous hard work.

I felt a feeling of loss from the original Yoda to the animated one in Star Wars. Maybe it's because of the difference in my age and health back then also. Special effects mechanics has probably done a great deal for the robotics industry also and another ironic real life similarity with the movie.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
As for the hidden messages in this film, I have to agree with the OP and others that there are definitely messages to be had there.

I got that distinct impression with The Incredibles, by Pixar.

There is a scene in that film where "Elastigirl" is telling her children in the gave that "these bad guys aren't like the bad guys on the Saturday morning cartoons"... It always struck me as a VERY strange speech to put into a family film. Especially knowing that young children, and even older children (with some grasp on the world) would watch it.

I actually felt uncomfortable hearing that speech in the film. Almost as if it were a wake up call. Or worse still, perhaps it was a speech planted in the film to see if it would "wake anyone up"... or even how many.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

I liked that scene. Found the ironic humor pretty funny. Here is an animated character talking about the unreality of animated cartoons.

The Incredibles is rated PG. I'd call it borderline family fare.

[edit on 1/19/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sara1

HA! Now that you mentioned that, I saw that movie too, and I think your right about that.

I liked whoever mentioned that their food stands for Genetically modified food, for instance, everything they eat is in the form of a slushy... Interesting.

That reminded me. When the computer announced, "Blue is the new color!" Everyone switched from Red to Blue.... Hmmmm.... wonder how that relates to us?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
That reminded me. When the computer announced, "Blue is the new color!" Everyone switched from Red to Blue.... Hmmmm.... wonder how that relates to us?

I think it's saying that we're controlled but don't realize it. In many ways it is true, us consumers are studied and colours are in fact used to try to manipulate people into buying a product. A lot of studying goes into packaging and marketing, billions of dollars. Every detail and colour chosen is deliberate. It's also why impulse items are always near the cash register. We wouldn't necessarily buy them if we had to go look for them, but likely will if we're standing around waiting and staring at them.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It's just a animated movie! For gods sake, you lot are reading far too much into this film. For the love of all that is holy don't watch Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs! Heaven knows what symbolism you lot would see in that. . .

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

For the love of all that is holy don't watch Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs! Heaven knows what symbolism you lot would see in that. . .

Don't get me started on that, seriously, it is a very symbolist movie. Classic "hold pulled over face", and "awakening" and good vs evil. Of course with a Disney spin.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Denied! Seriously do you think there are no hidden messages in these sorts of things and that's it's just harmless fun? The only thing silly about this topic is that it's presented as shocking and unusual, but unfortunately brainwashing seems to exist everywhere. Perhaps some people here are reading too much into this specific movie, but that's not to say that it's "just an animated movie".

So yeah actually we'd all be a bit more intelligent without television and movies so by all means yes, for the love of all that is holy, avoid garbage like disney movies and snow white and start actually thinking and using your brains. Maybe read books a bit instead too.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The truth is in alot of movies. Its just subliminal content.

I saw this movie a few days ago, I thought it was awesome. I love dystopian themed films.

I thought it had a good message to it.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Sorry to bump an old thread but if I start a new one it will probably just get deleted or ignored. I've only just got round to watching this film (movie), so I'm a bit late. I really enjoyed it anyway. It was much better than I was expecting, and I too realised a lot of the symbolism throughout the film.

I can't believe the hieroglyphs in the end credits have not been mentioned yet. That is what struck a chord with me the most, and made me search ATS for any mention of the film.

www.youtube.com... (don't know how to embed)

Do you think this is in anyway a clue to the truth of our ancient history?..

Advanced civilisation exhausts home planet of resources and is forced to head for the stars.

Returns home after hundreds of years with seriously advanced technology to help rebuild a civilisation.

Some characters in hieroglyphics, cave-art and sculptures resemble astronauts, robots and even aircraft. Do Disney/Pixar know more than we do?

Some pictures (that you've probably already seen) to back up my claims....

3.bp.blogspot.com...
www.ufoevidence.org...
www.mactonnies.com...
www.noeticsciences.co.uk...

edit on 3/1/2011 by HexagonSun because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join