It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pixar's WALL-E, Shocking Coincidences?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
*Caution: Movie Spoiler Alert*--per request

It all started with a family gathering. From there, it turned into a horror movie for me. For all you that have seen the recent Pixar Disney movie, WALL-E, you might be able to recognize some of the blunt symbolism that is in there, and also the more subtle ones too.

The evidence is scattered around the web, so I decided to pull it together for you.

Here I'm going to bring you some rather interesting conclusions about the Top Animated Movie of 2008 that might intrigue you.

First, a brief synopsis

en.wikipedia.org...

The Wikipedia summary will do it for those who haven't watched it, and I don't want to waste too much space with a summary. It's a quick read, and chances are, you've seen the movie.

Plot Evidence

WALL-E was meant not to show viewers environmental dangers, but to be a love story. I think some part are different. First of all, the protagonist is WALL-E, he moves the story alone. The antagonist is the auto pilot and robots. They are trying to get WALL-E while on board the human ship.

I must say that the Auto Pilot looks eerily similar to HAL, but that has nothing to do with it. the autopilot is effectively carrying out top-secret orders from a message sent years ago. In order to do this, the Autopilot silences anyone in his way. Including the captain. This will play a part later on.

I think that, if they were trying to hide symbolism in the movie, would be trying to represent the past life, and the robots as evil, NWO, elitist.

First, when you watch the movie, all the humans inboard the giant ship are otherwise ignorant of each other, and of the ship, and why they are there. Demonstrated by a synopsis on two characters in the movie:

John Ratzenberger and Kathy Najimy as John and Mary, respectively. John and Mary are both humans who live on the Axiom and, as such, are largely unaware of their surroundings. However, after chance encounters with WALL-E, they are awakened to the world around them and to each other, and fall in love.

They are quite literally, awakened to there surroundings and their predicament. If you believe the NWO, would seem eerily true today. The people represent us. Are huge consumers, largely unaware, do not care, and largely ignorant.

Now trying to represent the ship as the NWO. The human ship, the Axion, is owned by a freakin corporation! That is a dead give away, showing that our society is basically owned by society. The corporation, Buy'N' Large, some freakish Walmart/Target of the future, literally controls all aspects of the peoples lives. Food, sleeping, necessities, water, waste, and running the ship.

In the plot of the movie, it turns out that in the end, they find out that the ENTIRE TIME. The "autopilot" has been running things forever. They were clueless! It might correlate to the NWO and how they are running things under our noses. If you seen the movie, do you not agree?

I think that some evidence is visually represented by the ship. The following clip is the only clip I can find of what I want, it is some rip of video, but I want you to pay attention to video, not sound.

Look at the sliding door in the background. It looks like the UN symbol.

UN Symbol: wiki.urbandead.com...

Video: At 15 seconds, you get the best view: www.youtube.com...

It suspiciously looks like the UN symbol. Could this be representing the evils of the UN/NWO?

It has many real parodies of our real society and might be hinting at what is coming? It might be hinting at what our society is doing now.

Anybody have any insight on this, or find this slightly disturbing?

*I apologize if I didn't get my point across the best, for those who have seen the movie, have they seen any correlations?

[edit on 17-1-2009 by truth_seeker3]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

You should put in your post "Movie Spoiler" because not everyone watches movies at the theatres and wait for the DVD to watch movies in the comfort and quietness of their homes.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Wow I thought I was reading too much into the movie when I saw it. I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one that saw that. To me, it was like the hidden message hidden under the hidden message. That is to say, everyone seemed to focus on the environmental aspect that they didn't see what was really going on.

It really hit me the most when, after having their picture taken, Eva and Wall-E's picture was broadcast around the ship. They instantly became criminals to every human on board even though Eva and Wall-E were actually trying to save them all from their prison, The Axiom. Much like the whistle blower that is ridiculed and has their names drag through the mud.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
It really hit me the most when, after having their picture taken, Eva and Wall-E's picture was broadcast around the ship. They instantly became criminals to every human on board even though Eva and Wall-E were actually trying to save them all from their prison, The Axiom. Much like the whistle blower that is ridiculed and has their names drag through the mud.

Good point, that's one I did not hit on. It does seem to well correlate to whistler blowers and such.

Yes, and I think the hidden symbolism on the environment was meant to throw everyone else, or present a challenge?

It's yet another Hollywood movie with very hidden symbolism.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
so is Hollywood with us? or against us?

just some vid for those who watched wall-e and liked it.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
An artist tells a lie in order to reveal the truth.

The only way you "get it" is if you are already aware. Thus how such things get through Hollywood.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
it is based both on environmental and a statement about the human condition. listed as a "song" in the credits the movie describes the philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche, in his book "Thus Spoke Zarathustra".

The AI co-pilot when asked why he was not allowing the humans to return to Earth. They are "surviving" but they are not really _living_. stuck behind their computer screens, not seeing the world around them what it is. they are doing nothing but consuming and existing. No creation, no thought beyond the mundane, just existing for existance's sake.

Wall-E wakes them up. "I didn't know we had a pool.", the man and woman notice each other. They see Wall-E's and Eva's dance of love in space. The Captain sees this as well in looking at the old pictures to the new, young captain in the beginning, full of spirit and strength to this bloated sedentary thing barely able to move on his own. Do we LIVE or do we merely SURVIVE?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Nice NWO wall-e connections,

I saw the movie twice, I guess I don't focus on symbolism that much, but now I see it.. the only thing I focused on when watching the movie is the inconsistancies such as the plant being able to survive in outerspace, such is impossible, and the humans not looking realistic, but other than that it's a decent movie....

I wouldn't try to look for any UN connections...

since the hero is against the conspiracy it would appear the film is anti-NWO

So who will be the one to break the smokescreen for good, a captain, or a robot?

but the analogy of the humans on the ship to the ignorance of humans today sounds dead on.... nice find

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I loved this movie. I didn't notice the things that you mentioned. But I can definitley see your point. I thought that the "Buy & Large" company seemed a little coincidental... Wal-Mart? Anyone else think this or am I just grasping? Maybe I'm just anti-Wal-Mart.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
did you notice that the buy n large ceo was standing at a podium with a seal that looks very much like the presidential seal. the background was a banner of what appeared to be the capitol building. government is big corporate. nice.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Interesting... actually Andrew (the director) mention a little about this in the dvd commentary. That Wall-E somewhat prophetic and also about Buy N Large corporation.

In general, I find Pixar movies full of hidden meanings, obvious examples: A Bug's Life (ants vs grasshoppers), or Finding Nemo (when Nemo asks other fishes to swim together and break free from the fishing net).

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Nice find, I also noticed while watching the movie was that the humans where all 'Occupied and/or asleep' not noticing the surroundings.

"a pool, We have a pool"

Good job pointing this out.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Though there are hidden symbolisms in the movie, they are intentional.

There is a such thing as reading too far into them, which OP, you are.

Get a hold of yourself man.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The OP might be reading too far into it but I got the same sort of vibe after watching the movie.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Need I remind all of you who is REALLY behind the "hidden message" of WALL-E.

Who owns Pixar?

I rest my case.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Maybe I was reading a little too far into it
?

I was just a little too surprised after being on ATS for a little bit, and then I saw that movie, and it struck a chord.

I can imagine all the players over at Pixar are all having a good laugh.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

An interesting observation that my wife made when we saw the movie was that. When the captain is confronted by the auto pilot, and looks back at some of the pictures of previous captains (from thin captain to large captain) for "inspiration" so to speak, the Auto Pilot in the pictures actually gradually moves closer in each picture. It seems to paint the picture that, over the years the auto pilot became so powerful that it didn't mind getting closer, encroaching on the previous captains space and becoming more and more powerful. It kinda makes you wonder what would've happened had the auto pilot had succeeded.

Perhaps in the picture of the next generation of captains, the auto pilot would be either right next to the captain, symbolizing having equal authority to the captain, or perhaps the auto pilot would be right IN FRONT of the captain, or worse, no captain at all, only the auto pilot.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Question]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If this movie also had some influence from a visiting race, I think we could see many parallels from their alleged point of view and how we depend too much on machines, government, corporations etc. rather than think more for ourselves. The machines to me as-if represent children having to take care of their convelescent parents.

By not actually allowing humans back on earth for 700 years gave the earth more time to possibly recover.

What the end showed to me was actually pointless to return as if showing the remnants of a human created wasteland. I would have much preferred the ship or ark to a huge garbage dump. I wonder if this also means a sequel?

I think most movies poke fun at our vanity and ignorance as a parody through exaggerations like stand up comedy. I've usually thought of many cartoons as adult humor anyway.

George Carlin is a great example of this point of fact type of exaggerism.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: Excellent OP . Starred and Flagged.

Personal Disclosure: I want to really know why I cried like I had lost a part of myself when WALL-E was horribly crushed saving humanity and then I was near hysterical and literally almost gutted when EVE "fixed" him and it didn't look like he was back to his good old self (
I'm blubbing like a fool typing this and for an Aussie Bloke this is sorta uncool!). This situation has happened before during the highly annoying Pokemon craze...Me and 2 mates are watching the Pokemon movie and Ash dies (Hip Hip Hooray...I was soooooo very happy) and then......the Pokemon all cry and instantly me and my mates are all crying ( and not because Ash comes back to life which was distressing enough for me personally). Why does this happen to me during movies when I am fully aware that these entities and environments are pure imaginative creations that have no existential reality and yet when I watch the news report or a YouTube video that depicts real human and or environmental suffering, I find myself 95% of the time NOT GIVING A DAMN ?
Has the NWO succeeded in desensitizing the public at large to our own suffering and also succeeded in transferring any latent caring emotions on to anthropomorphic media constructs such as the Pokemon or WALL-E or EVE? If yes then how is this achieved...could it be with a ultra or infra sonic tone?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ok I haven't seen it. Animations these last 10 or so years are frequently topical and the creative teams are almost always pre occupied with planting all sorts of subtle humor and adult humour that demonstrates to the viewer that they see the events in the world with a questioning mind. Even Family Guy and American Dad are full of sarcastic and satirical humour.
Don't worry. It's a sign that this side of Hollywood is not pulling the wool over our eyes, using humour to make peoplle think. Now my interest is stirred I will watch it. I will be surprised if any of the imagery is anything but contemporary satire.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join